Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am new here, and it seems ppl are getting tense at VH alot, especially ED for the so called drunk, not signing NAMM show!! I mean be happy for all the great albums and memories you have of VH and DLR and Sammy and Gary and all the guitar related equipment that has come out all these years. Because of VH i have great music to listen to, a EBMM EVH guitar to play, a 5150 amp to play. Just accept VH may never play again and may never want to again. They are just ppl and the magic of van halen 1 and VH-Sammy may never happen again.

ENJOY IT.
    rock

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

07.06.05 @ 06:12 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by dwalsh5150:
    Just accept VH may never play again and may never want to again. They are just ppl and the magic of van halen 1 and VH-Sammy may never happen again.

ENJOY IT.
    Totally right on the money!
    Buttocks and crotches and nipples with wings, these are a few of my favorite things!

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yes, we should be grateful for all the music Eddie has given us over the last 25 years. He has personal issues to deal with right now but when they are taken care of we shall hear from the king again. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by dwalsh5150:
    I am new here, and it seems ppl are getting tense at VH alot, especially ED for the so called drunk, not signing NAMM show!! I mean be happy for all the great albums and memories you have of VH and DLR and Sammy and Gary and all the guitar related equipment that has come out all these years. Because of VH i have great music to listen to, a EBMM EVH guitar to play, a 5150 amp to play. Just accept VH may never play again and may never want to again. They are just ppl and the magic of van halen 1 and VH-Sammy may never happen again.

ENJOY IT.
    Bullshit! I do not want them to finish like this! Plus I know they have allot more music in them! Also I want more music and though I love there old music I need new music!!!!!!!!!
    I am steve1984!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the one
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree- although just knowing generally what's up would be nice I have an EBMM, two 5150 half stacks- one with a '70 Marshall 4x12 with Celestion Greenbacks. Also a '85 Kramer Baretta which sounds kinda thin in comparison to the awesome Ernie Ball EVH. I have various others- '72 Strat, '74 Gibson SG Thin neck- tons of equiptment- Edward definately is the inspiration- The King! Looking to buy a custom Wolfgang soon~

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I must disagree with this post.
    Eddie and Co. need to get their buts in gear. Sitting back and being happy with what they have (money) is what got us and them in this spot. I love every disk from Dave to Gary, but the band needs to get their crap together and soon. I think another year or two off and VH could be doomed to 80's rock tours. Or even worse, pull a Metalica and go on tour with Limp Biskit and Linkin Park. I don't own a Metalica disk, and after the Napster affair, I turn the channel when they come on. Now a couple years later, they go on tour with Fred Durst, then person Lars insulted countless times about his Napster point of view.
    Back to VH, get in together or tell the fans otherwise. I think this teasing serves the bands needs, but is really disheartening to the fans.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m the one
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

gman1970- i see your point and agree with you as well- it's a messed up situation. I'm so confused! [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Here's my opinion on this whole situation. I think that almost everybody, when they're listening to the albums on the stereo or cruising in the car, they're happy with the music they've got to listen to. But when we get in here, in a discussion format, I think it's natural to wonder about what could have been and what still could be. Unfortunately, somebody else who is at a different place reads your words and starts accusing you of being a greedy fan or of wanting to bleed the artist dry.

And I just don't see it that way at all. It's natural for a fan to want more, because it's an indication of how much they love the art. It may be perceived as greed, but to me it's from a pure standpoint of being a fan, not from an anger towards the artist for their decisions. At least that's the vibe I get from most everybody when I step back and look at it.

Is there something wrong with wishing that James Dean had made more movies? Or that Randy Rhoads had lived to make more music? I don't think so. So is there something wrong with saying I wish Van Halen had made two more albums with David Lee Roth? Or two more albums with Sammy Hagar?

There may be the odd fan with the 'make music or fuck off and die' mentality, but I think they are few and far between. And I think we've become too willing to try to pin that mentality on a lot of people who don't really possess it at all.

Anyway, I'd love to talk some more philosophy, but I gotta take a piss!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by VH Spirit Lives On:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dwalsh5150:
    Just accept VH may never play again and may never want to again. They are just ppl and the magic of van halen 1 and VH-Sammy may never happen again.

ENJOY IT.
    Totally right on the money! </font>[/QUOTE]Spirit- did you create an altar-ego? Needing a lil back up are ya? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Hi I'm Robi... I'm an ungrateful bastard and at times just a miserable prick!!! But...I want more Van halen... I'm not afraid to admit it... it's purely selfish on my part... I enjoy Van Halen... I want more!!!!! [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

I was thankful for the last 25 years of kickass rock... but I ain't fucking done here girls... [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

So... let's kick it up!!! Git 'er Done!!! And get on with it!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Sincerely Yours,

Selfish Bastard
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Zahzoo:
    Hi I'm Robi... I'm an ungrateful bastard and at times just a miserable prick!!! But...I want more Van halen... I'm not afraid to admit it... it's purely selfish on my part... I enjoy Van Halen... I want more!!!!! [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

I was thankful for the last 25 years of kickass rock... but I ain't fucking done here girls... [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

So... let's kick it up!!! Git 'er Done!!! And get on with it!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Sincerely Yours,

Selfish Bastard
    Ummmm... ZZ... Is that... YOU???
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow aka VHL:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Zahzoo:

Sincerely Yours,

Selfish Bastard
    Ummmm... ZZ... Is that... YOU??? </font>[/QUOTE]Hell yeah it's me... how do you like the new and improved sarcasm with the deluxe smart ass option applied... For $9.95 I added the cuss like a crusty old sailor upgrade!!!

Whatcha think Fab...? Too much? Or should I have dressed better for the presentation? Maybe a pair of grey slacks with a penguin polo shirt and Italian loafers... I figured the old shorts with the blown out left bun and a Jimi Hendrix t-shirt would have been fine... matched my harley hat...

Oh the fashion choices one has to make these days...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yer killing me ZZ!!!

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:55 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Originally posted by Dan Halen:
    Yes, we should be grateful for all the music Eddie has given us over the last 25 years. He has personal issues to deal with right now but when they are taken care of we shall hear from the king again. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I AGREE.

KING EDDIE WILL RETURN.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and Ive got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.