Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How many of you actually saw this tour? I find it really hard to believe there are so many III haters based solely on Garys impact. I thought III was great and the tour was better than the CD.
    I think if Gary had been given more of a chance we'd still have a great (but different) Van Halen. I dont want to start any crap here but I really BLAME the "Dave or the Grave" fans for the damnation of the best Rock-n-Roll band of our generation. So when your crying about there being no new VH music and No new VH news... Take a looksy in the mirror and ask yourself... Did I have anything to do with this? And if you have to ask, you probably did.

[ October 08, 2002, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Fabulous Shadow aka VHL ]
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Favorite VH Album

1984, Balance, Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mike on SGMAD, Baluchetherium
    Last Online

02.12.07 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I honestly don't think that the guys (Van Halen) stopped making music with Gary because the fans didn't like it. If they wanna make music they'll do it, and with whoever they want. Eddie keeps showing us, the fans have no impact on the bands choices (I strongly believe that makes for good music) and I believe the fans had nothing to do with Gary's departure. Thats just my opinion though.

But I see this turning into a Dave vs. Gary slugfest
    [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    How to make a “Mad Anthony”

2 oz Cabo WaboŽ Tequila
    1 oz Spicy V8
    Juice from a fresh Lime
    A generous dollop of Mad Anthony’s Hot Sauce
    Combine in a shaker full of ice and shake it up
    Pour into shot glass garnished with
    a dab of salt
    a small slice of lime
    a slice of Serrano or Jalapeno chili pepper

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After talknig with Gary the other day, I kind of got the feeling that the recording of disc two was sounding a lot like old school van halen and he was moving in a different direction. he also led me to believe that they were feeling some pressure from the record company. Check it out here.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

The Next One!
    Favorite VH Song

The Newest Single off The Next One!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw the tour and thought they put on a hell of a show.Sounded a whole lot better then the CD but then again I'm one of the few that actually liked the CD.III was a good CD but some people did not want to give it any chance because it wasn't Dave Or Sammy singing.It didn't matter who it was.Be it Gary or any other singer it was doomed to fail from the start because some fans wouldn't accept another change of the singer.Van Halen I'm sure is weighing what few options they have left and a fourth singer probably isn't one of them
    Van Halen....2003??? In television if your on hiatus this long it's means you have been cancelled and nobody told ya.Has VH Been Cancelled and no ones telling us?? C'mon Ed give us a break and give us an update...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

what's to blame the dave fans for? they aren't the ones not talking to the fans and kicking out lead singers left and right.

i don't wanna start anything but, c'mon...

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

10.24.05 @ 08:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I caught three VH III shows: Houston, Kansas City and St. Louis. All three were fantastic. Live, you just can't beat VH, no matter who's on the mic. Hearing the oldies made me happy cuz I hadn't seen those songs live ever. Give me Gary any day over nothing. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I was really looking forward to that second VH/Gary album. It just might've been better...

[ October 08, 2002, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: dka5150 ]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VanHalen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I believe it was Eddies dry cleaner that pushed Gary from the band!
    His suits just fit better than Gary's and he couldn't deal with it.

I also think that Alex's barber was a big factor too.....If You could have seen Alex ( which is harder than seeing a Live Elvis presley) his hairdoo was absolutely Marvelous.....and Gary couldn't deal with It!

So with this new evidence i think we can all safely say that the Dave Lovers had nothing to do with it.......it was beyond there control!

And don't even get Me started on Michael Anthony's Gardener......that was a true scandal!
    Vegetarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter.<br />Opinions are like Assholes everybody has one

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

saw them when they toured australia. i saw them at canberra, sydney, newcastle & brisbane. honestly, words can not described hearing some of those songs for the first time ever (this was van halen's first trip to these shores). i do not give two sh*ts what anyone things of gary, but i thank him for not denying me the change to listen to early van halen tunes. the performances on the night?.....simply put......breath taking. people can say what they wish, but van halen is michael, edward and alex playing some of the greatest songs ever recorded in a live situation.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.02.15 @ 09:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I didn't get to see the III tour, but everything I've read was glowing, the band smoked. I think their error in judgement was putting the album out first, the songs sound forced and not geared to a live situation, which has been Van Halens' thing all along. A band needs time to gel and I think they were just hitting that vibe when they split.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In hindsight, I REALLY wish I had caught them on that tour.

Judging by the boots I have from the "3" tour, I don't think they sounded that good in YEARS.

The album was a disapointment, but it wasn't until much afterwards that I realized that lineup could have been KILLER.
    Fast Eddie

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To blame the "Dave or The Grave Fans" for the disaster of VH3 is absolutely fucked up. VH 3 failed because the music was NOT Van Halen and just plain sucked. I was more disappointed then anyone, i wanted it to be good, and have tried to like VH 3.....but i feel as though i will figure out women before I reach for VH 3 again.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

at the time that cd came out, i was a hardcore dave AND sammy fan- and i really wanted the cd and tour to be great... but it just wasn't great- like i have said before- there were great moments (like hearing mike sing SGMAD live!) - there were some moments on the cd too!

but i have "counted the ways", in many other threads, why i dislike VH III- so i am not going to do it again here...

but don't tell me i didn't give it a fair shot- because i fuckin' did- i listened to it all the way through, numerous times!! - and my conclusion (and i'm sticking to it) is - it was a major dissappointment in many ways...

blaming the hardcore fans for VH's demise is just wrong...

next topic...

[ October 09, 2002, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: 55starfire ]
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:49 AM
    Liked 66 Times in 35 Posts

I saw the III tour in K.C. I thought that they sounded great. It really was different than the CD. Gary did do a good job on the old stuff that we had not hear live in years. I also thought that Eddie's playing sounded great. I did miss the long solo's...
    Aint life grand!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I didn't like the III album because of the direction it took and the songs. I just felt that is was too far of a departure for my tastes. Nothing to do with Gary's singing. The III tour was just amazing. I have seen them 3 times with Roth and 3 times with Hagar, and this was by far the best I have seen them since the Diver Down tour (yes, better then the 1984 tour, IMO). Before people start another war, this has nothing to do with who was better,Roth or Hagar, but just the fact that the setlist was amazing, and the band had an attitude and hunger that I thought was missing live with Hagar.

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:14 PM
    Liked 2,085 Times in 678 Posts

I had a blast seeing VH3 tour. Great show, great sound, great songs, and a lot of fun!
    Fashion your life as a garland of good deeds.

- Buddha