Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

09.30.15 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

I don't know if anybody has already mentioned this but here goes...

Perhaps Eddie is simply making sure that nobody else will "cash in" this summer by using the Van Halen "name" & "look" on a particular summer tour.

Nothing wrong with that. Just business.

When the news first broke, I, like alot of you guys, totally lost it about our beloved "Supergroup" Van Halen.

However, upon futher review, I now feel that if indeed there is a DLR/Sammy summer tour that Edward is doing what any good artist would do. Hence, why their were NO lawsuits, and his laywers are now allowing people to "register" with them his copyrighted logos.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

I see where your comng from - i think there's high possibility EVH (Inc) is reacting to the Roth, Hagar tour - then again i may be talkin complete crap! - will we ever know for sure?

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This tour thing is a fairly recent event. EVH has been doing a lot of trademarking for the last several years. I don't think the tour/trademarking are related. I'm sure Sam and Dave weren't planning on using red/black/white striped tour buses or anything. I just think the man is trying to cover his butt moneywise seeing how he basically has no job right now. His healh is in question also, so who knows how much all of this is do to that. Whatever the reason, is it asking too much for some kind of official statement as to whether or not Van Halen will produce anymore albums under that name?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

lemme answer your question trennasol... [img]smile.gif[/img]

no announcement because of this (just my opinion of course)

ed don't wanna work with dave. think about it, if he did, we'd have an album by now, assuming ed is healthy as all parties idicate that he is.

sam won't come back and said the only way he would do it was as a co-headlining tour..ala dave/sam tour coming up right now.

ed knows a fourth singer will not work and will not fly with the fans.

so what's he gonna do? be silent forever? or do a co-headlining tour?

i think it's far more likely that they do a tour with both sam and dave before sam comes back, yet alone dave. i don't ever think you'll see a reunion with dave at this point.

they have nothing to say because they don't wanna committ to anything. they're being pricks (the brothers) and we the fans are sitting with our thumbs up our asses.

maybe this sam/dave thing is a buffer for something down the road but who knows? we always try to find that ray of light when it comes to van halen and we've been trying to do it for a long time now since cherone left. we always come up with some circumstance that would play out nicely, our make up little scenarios or theories that pertain to some kind of a reunion. but based on the history of the last couple of years, you have to say that the upcoming tour with dave and sam is just something those two guys wanna do and that vh wants nothing to do with it.

if and when vh decides to break that streak of theories, it sure as hell is anyone's guess

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t pick just one
    Last Online

08.20.08 @ 02:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

we always try to find that ray of light when it comes to van halen and we've been trying to do it for a long time now since cherone left. we always come up with some circumstance that would play out nicely, our make up little scenarios or theories that pertain to some kind of a reunion. but based on the history of the last couple of years, you have to say that the upcoming tour with dave and sam is just something those two guys wanna do and that vh wants nothing to do with it.

Very well said, J. You and I seem to be quite cynical when it comes to EVH. But how many times can you get dumped on by this guy and still say "Yahoo for Eddie!!!"?
    Jim Bailes