Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

This is an open message to Edward Van Halen from a fan that has supported you through all three lead singer changes and all of the highs and lows inbetween.

The year is 2003. It has been nearly 5 years since you last released a Van Halen CD. It has been five years of personal highs and lows for all of us here at Van Halen Forums and for all of your fans around the world. Of course it has been five years of personal lows for you. The commercial failure of "Van Halen 3". The cancer. The breakup of your marriage.

It is time for you to take a long hard look in the mirror. Ask yourself what you want out of life. You've been given a clean bill of health, a second chance to show your family, friends and fans what kind of man you really are. As I am sure you are well aware via the internet, we, your devoted loyal fans can be your biggest allies or your harshest critics. It is only because of the joy you have given to us through your music that we have been showing a lack of patience. We more than you can ever truly understand, are inspired and touched by the music you have made. This is why we come to sites like this, day in and day out. Hoping for some new news regarding the future. We crave for what the future holds from you and what you have to offer us. We want and need new music from Van Halen. I for one think you want and need it too.

In my opinion, I doesn't matter to me who the singer is. I've appreciated it all up to this point. I want to appreciate more. Bury the hatchet with Sam and Dave, have one or both of them sing. Bring back Gary or choose a fourth singer. Just get off your ass, release a public statement about your intentions, and get back to the fun and the music that only you can deliver!

Let the ashes of Van Halen rise and reclaim the crown of the kingdom of Rock and Roll. Edward we, as always await your reply.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

FW, ADKoT, VH1, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Blood & Fire, ATBL
    Last Online

01.06.13 @ 08:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good post [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "The music of Van Halen is vital."-David Lee Roth-1978

VH Shows....
    10-22-1988 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    10-15-1991 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    10-16-1991 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    04-28-1995 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    05-24-1998 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    09-09-2004 - Tampa Forum - Tampa, FL
    02-14-2008 - Amway Arena - Orlando, FL
    05-09-2008 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, NJ
    04-12-2012 - Amway Center - Orlando, FL

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

All Of Them
    Last Online

02.17.12 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

[5/07/02]: I know I promised I'd get back to you and I'm sorry for the delay but I wanted to let you all know that I've just gotten a 100% clean bill of health - from head to toe. I wanted to share the good news with you immediately. And of course, I thank you all for all your good wishes and prayers along the way. Now it's time to really get back to the music and fun.....so party on and you'll be hearing from us very soon.

All my love,
    Eddie
    This Member:Van Halen Fan EST. 1978

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow dude ! You are god damn right [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    In my opinion, I doesn't matter to me who the singer is. I've appreciated it all up to this point. I want to appreciate more. Bury the hatchet with Sam and Dave, have one or both of them sing. Bring back Gary or choose a fourth singer. Just get off your ass, release a public statement about your intentions, and get back to the fun and the music that only you can deliver!

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Nice Post
    EVH: Definitely. Playing guitar was my sanctuary. It was the one place I could go to if I got fucked around by a girlfriend, or anyone else, for that matter. It still is. If there’s something I can’t deal with, I can just spend hours playing. It’s a God-given gift – I certainly don’t know where the ideas come from. They’re obviously given to you, and you have to keep your fingers moving and your mind quiet. I try my best to not think about thinking, so I can just let it flow. Because when I start thinking, forget it. <br />So....why he isn't playing guitar ? ? ?

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Siddown, Waldo! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

open letters. boycotts. yawn...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by atomicpunk5150:
    Of course it has been five years of personal lows for you. The commercial failure of "Van Halen 3". The cancer. The breakup of your marriage.
    Why do people assume that just because they haven't heard about a new album or a fourth singer that nothing good has happened for EVH or AVH in five years?

Ed has his own goals and his own interests. Just because you haven't heard what he is up to doesn't mean he's not doing anything. Whatever he's doing, whether it be playing the cello, hanging out with his son, or just being a regular dude, he's satisfied.

I'm sure after 25 years in the business Ed's goal in life is not to be your personal music service. He's earned that right.

Just get off your ass, release a public statement about your intentions, and get back to the fun and the music that only you can deliver!
    If anything Ed said at NAMM is true, in 2002 he:
    1) Got a clean bill of health.
    2) Released a public statement.
    3) Got back to playing music.

Apparently, what was fun for him last year was to get on the piano and the cello and to experiment with things. He didn't release an album or reform VH. So what? I guess he enjoyed the other things more. Deal with it.

This letter is disrespectful and self-seeking. If I was Ed I would be offended reading it. If anything, it would inspire me to hide my personal life even more, rather than have someone sit in judgement of my "highs and lows" and tell me how to live.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fraulines und Kinder First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Panzer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Response from Eddie;

"oh..what? Were you talking to me? Oh. Whatever."
    Musical equipment I own dat legitimizes mein post. Tuba, clarinet, und electric glockenspiel.<br />Der Lord liebt einen beschäftigten Mann. Nicht vertrauen whitey. Sehen ein Doktor und erhalten gereinigt es.<br /><br />"You're a towel!" - Towelie

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Good post.
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

It has not now nor has it ever been my style to disrespect and offend Edward Van Halen. Anyone who has ever read any post that I have posted here or at The Pleasure Dome knows that if anything, I'm pro-EVH over the former singers on almost every topic.

The point I was trying to make by telling Ed to "get off his ass" was that we were told in his last post on the offical site that we would be hearing from him again soon. And we haven't.

And while I respect Ed for enjoying his personal life (and I'm sure he did have many good times in the past 5 years, not just bad ones). If he has no immediate intention to make music for public consumption with "Van Halen" or as "Edward Van Halen" or whatever, he should publicly state it so we can stop wasting our time and move on till he is ready to rock again.

I feel that as a loyal fan that has helped (through my bank account) make him the wealthy individual he is today, I am owed at least that much of an explanation.

Peace, atomicpunk5150
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ah, once again the "artist owes me an explanation" response.
    Look, I know you meant well with your letter, it's all good. But man, NO artist owes you anything. No one made you buy their albums and they certainly didnt come knocking on your door at 8 a.m. like some Jehovah Witness pleading with you to buy their shit.
    VH makes the music and you can CHOOSE to buy it. Thats it.
    You just have to be very careful how you phrase things. like that lovemachine dude who began with a simple post talking about what he saw at NAMM but then came back posting how Ed is a "sad sad man" or how "Eddie should learn from people like Scott Weiland".
    If what went down at NAMM did go down that way, it is a "sad event", or a "sad occurence". It doesnt make Ed a "sad man". Just like Eddie needs to be like Scott Weiland the same way I need a chilli pepper colonic! What does Eddie have to learn from a heroin junkie who has cancelled more shows than he has actually played! I really do like Scott, but for a while I thought S.T.P. stood for "SKIP THE PERFORMANCE" cuz that guy missed more shows and disrespected more fans by leaving them hanging at more concerts than anyone I ever known!!
    So just be careful what you expect from VH or any other artist dude...

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The point I was trying to make by telling Ed to "get off his ass" was that we were told in his last post on the offical site that we would be hearing from him again soon. And we haven't.
    Everybody makes a mistake every once in a while. Obviously it wasn't as easy to get going as he thought.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption
    Last Online

11.03.15 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

van halen is really not about who their frontman is. who cares about dave, sammy, gary, or a new frontman. the important thing is their music and their decissions about who will sing for them. lets just respect van halen's decissons about their music. lets wait for their announcements. van halen will be the one to announce what they will be releasing, not you, not me and not anybody else, just them, i mean eddie, alex and mike.

van halen may be over or not but their music still lives on...

we are not the only one who make mistakes, even rock gods makes mistakes.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'll let ya know when I know!
    Last Online

05.04.14 @ 04:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It has not now nor has it ever been my style to disrespect and offend Edward Van Halen. Anyone who has ever read any post that I have posted here or at The Pleasure Dome knows that if anything, I'm pro-EVH over the former singers on almost every topic.

And while I respect Ed for enjoying his personal life (and I'm sure he did have many good times in the past 5 years, not just bad ones). If he has no immediate intention to make music for public consumption with "Van Halen" or as "Edward Van Halen" or whatever, he should publicly state it so we can stop wasting our time and move on till he is ready to rock again.

I feel that as a loyal fan that has helped (through my bank account) make him the wealthy individual he is today, I am owed at least that much of an explanation.

Peace, atomicpunk5150
    "Reach down, between ma legs 'n'......scratch my ballsack"

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

07.06.05 @ 06:12 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jeezus F'n Christ I'm sick of reading threads from people who say they don't care who the lead singer is going to be.

OK, I guess you're right. Since lead singers don't matter, maybe Eddie should get Enya to sing, or perhaps John Tesh or Jimmy Swaggart. Swaggart has a few albums out. Would you like Jimmy Swaggart for a lead singer? Or perhaps you would like to hear LL Cool J, or Puff Daddy busting a few lyrics off as the next Van Halen lead singer.

Word.
    Buttocks and crotches and nipples with wings, these are a few of my favorite things!