Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption,HFT,Mean Street,Humans Being
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Eddie fell and busted his ass at the RHRN show here in OKC in '93 which kind of drew a collective gasp from the audience (damn combat boots!)I was wondering if anyone else has seen any similar bloopers while the mighty VH was on stage?

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Humans Being
    Last Online

10.26.13 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sammy slipped on a puddle of water at Merriweather in Columbia, MD on the Balance tour. Though he didn't go down, it was real funny to watch. Later that night it was also funny to watch his face when the band broke into Runnin' w/the Devil.
    Pick up the fucking phone Eddie and call someone!!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:14 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

1996 MTV Awards.

I remember Sammy slipping and falling after jumping off a riser back on the OU812 tour I believe. He hurt his back and was somewhat limited mobility wise for several shows.

The roof falling on Alex that he injured his neck/shoulder in Europe.

I have heard about Eddie spraining his ankles several times over the years.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

10-12-91

Raleigh, NC. Sammy started his birthday celebration a day early. He was trashed (and small fires being set on the grass hill didn't help) and the show was cut short. During 'Top of the World' Sammy was to swing from a rope. He didn't grap the rope high enough causing him to kinda slam into the stage. He kept going but it was the end of the show. The show lasted no longer than about 80 mins.

The nice thing about this is that for the RHRN tour Sammy announces that the last time in Raleigh they gave a short show and they were going to make up for it and they did playing a little over 2 hours. Then the Balance tour came next. I guess being confused Sammy announced the last time they were in Raleigh they gave a short show and they were going to make up for it. Once again playing just over 2 hours. VH didn't play super long sets for those next shows but gave us a couple extra songs which made up for it.
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

On the "LWAN" video, Sammy bumps into Eddies hand during "5150" causing him to f-up just a bit.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

jump video....mikey bends over to let dave roll over him...mikey lets one fly just before causing dave to dry heave a little... [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

All albums
    Favorite VH Song

All songs
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think it was the Monsters of Rock tour that Sammy slipped and broke his tailbone. I'm pretty sure that was at the Philly show at the old JFK stadium(now the First Union Center). I remember Sammy saying that he had had it w/ touring after that incident. He kept running backstage sitting on ice.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.02.15 @ 09:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Saw the Diver Down show in Austin, I don't know what Alex had been "inhaling" that night, but he was starting every song WAAAAAAYYYY too fast. Several times Eddie jumped up on the riser, putting his hands up to indicate "Whoa dude". I don't know if it was the 'act' or what but Dave sounded snot slingin' drunk, I don't think he sang one entire song. He went on a long ramble about the local press ripping them and didn't sound coherent, even for Dave standards that is.

At the OU812 show in Austin, Eddie cut his solo short, he just didn't look into it. Sam came over and put his arm around Ed's neck and got the crowd going with "Eddie Van Halen, best goddam rockinroll guitar player in the world, Ed-die! Ed-die!"

On the US festival video, in the middle of Eddies solo his wireless unit craps out, he stops playing and changes it over to another one.

[ October 19, 2002, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: swampash ]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was at a show at Jones Beach during the LRHRN tour. It was pouring rain at the outdoor venue the entire show. During Michael Anthony's solo, he tries to light his bass on fire but the lighter kept flicking out. After about a solid minute, the fans started cheering and laughing and threw countless lighters up on to the stage. Mike stood up from his kneeled position at his bass, put his hands on his hips and smiled, prompting a huge ovation. He gave it one more go and it took. Mike walked from his bass and swated his hand in jest. His tech came out to retrieve the bass so the set could go on. Quite funny!

During the VH III tour at MSG in May of 1998, after the intro to "Panama", Eddie was going to start running when you can clearly see him slip and try to regain his balance. Which he thankfully does.

During the same show, Eddie's guitar cable gets tangled around Mike's microphone stand and prohibits him from getting back to his side of the stage. Gary alertly runs over and untangles it while still singing.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

fairwarning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gary falling down the stairs in Sydney 98

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by crohalen:
    Gary falling down the stairs in Sydney 98
    That almost looked staged, I'm not sure if it was though.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I caught the Balance tour during the first leg.

Sammy's voice was hoarse (he mentioned he was sick), and was REALLY fucked up.

He also got off on some big long drunken rant, causing AVH to split his sides laughing in amusement. Sammy turned around and said something like, "Don't he look like Buddah sittin' back there?!"

Eddie was smiling (but looked a little annoyed) and came over to Sammy gesturing "cut the shit". You could actually hear Sammy going "what? what?" Like, "what did I do?"

I was dissapointed in the show then, but I think back on it and get a big laugh. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Fast Eddie

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 965 Times in 386 Posts

who was here when mikey's bass just totally fell to the floor and made this huge thumping sound?

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by JMJ:
    who was here when mikey's bass just totally fell to the floor and made this huge thumping sound?

JMJ
    That was me. That was here in Edmonton on the Balance tour. They were doing Not Enough and when it got really quiet, Sammy starts singing the "and if it don't come easy" part, and Mikey's bass fell to the floor and just THUNDERED through the arena. Mikey was off to his side, but back around where the drum kit sits. Sammy turns around and glares at Mikey and Eddie is cracking up laughing. I couldn't see whether Mikey's strap broke or what caused it to fall, but it totally fucked up the song. I'd love to see video of that again.

BTW, playing Right Now as the intro song of that show could also be considered a blunder if you want to split hairs! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 07:08 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by heatmiser:
    I think it was the Monsters of Rock tour that Sammy slipped and broke his tailbone. I'm pretty sure that was at the Philly show at the old JFK stadium(now the First Union Center). I remember Sammy saying that he had had it w/ touring after that incident. He kept running backstage sitting on ice.
    Right tour, wrong date. It was the opening night of the tour in Alpine Valley, WI, during Memorial Day weekend. Awesome show. They opened with "Summer Nights" then went into "AFU Naturally Wired" (if I remember correctly). Sammy comes barreling off one side of the drum riser and just wipes out on his keester. But you would have never known it. We had no idea he was seriously hurt until the story came out a few days later about a broken tailbone--which, by the way, is EXTREMELY painful--and the butt in the bucket of ice thing during each solo.

Also, at one point they started doing "Source of Infection", but Sammy's mike was out for most of the song. He just shrugged his shoulders while the band kept right on rolling. Finally, I can remember Ed playing keyboards during either "Dreams" or "Jump" and looking offstage to give somebody holy hell.