Thread: Exit Elvis

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 03:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This record is one of the best I've bought in a long time. TOJ is just phenomenal. I can't pull it out of my CD player for a week now.

By far my favorite track is the title track - "Exit Elvis." "Left for Dead" is great too. Actually, there isn't a bad song on the record, minus "2 + 2," which is short song - it's the voice of a little girl singing some sort of nursery rhyme... Everything else, the whole record, it's just amazing.

This album is a big plus for Gary. I think it's far better than anything Sammy has put out post-VH, better than anything Dave has released in years. I'll even go so far as to say I like this album much more than VH3, and I did like III, but this record is just hard, heavy, and smooth all at once. It just rocks. For the first time, tt really made me wonder what Van Halen's 2nd album with Gary would have been like.

You won't be disappointed with this. If you haven't heard it, check out the "Thanks for Nothing" MPG at the SpitFire Records TOJ website at http://www.spitfirerecords.com/TribeOfJudah.htm

Does anyone else have this album?

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Way Too Difficult
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:49 PM
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts

I've also had this CD for about a week now, couldn't agree more - a spectacular debut from TOJ. I quite like "2+2", especially when you take it in context of the CD's running order - I think it makes a nice "break" inbetween the music, and I really like the lyrics. I've recorded the CD onto MiniDisc and thrown in "Sublime", the "hidden" track from the CD sampler and "Need I Say More" downloaded from the TOJ Web Site. It's not been out of my car MD Player for days!
    Salt shaker, little lick a lime...

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was very skeptical about getting this album to be honest with you, but I bought it anyway and figured I would give what is left of Van Halen a second chance. I was so glad I did cause this album is fuckin' amazing. I think that Van Halen 3 was rushed. To me some of the songs such as Josephina, Ballot Or The Bullet, Fire In The Hole and Dirty Waterdog seemed like they were left-overs from other era's and almost like they just filled VH3 with these no thought songs. On Exit Elvis you can see that Gary really got to work and laid down the tracks nicely. For those of you who have purchased TOJ's new album, have you notices how tight the production is? It really shows and comes alive.
    "Welcome to the real world."

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wish I could find it. I can't buy online without a credit card, but I've checked locally 2 Wal-marts, 2 Targets, 2 Wherehouse Music's, Best Buy, Circuit City, Sam Goody (who has a sign out for it but no one who works there knows why, their paper says they didn't get it, their computer says they did--bottom line, they haven't had it), and Barnes and Noble.

Hard to have a successful CD when a big fan of yours, in a city of 300, 000 people cannot find it between 10 CD stores.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.30.06 @ 05:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There's an interesting review of this album at metal-sludge.com. Pretty much sums up my opinion. By the way, why travel all over hell and back for this or any other CD? Why not use a credit card and buy it over the computer or order it over the phone? Good luck in your quest for elusive CD's.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by DA BIG D:
    There's an interesting review of this album at metal-sludge.com. Pretty much sums up my opinion. By the way, why travel all over hell and back for this or any other CD? Why not use a credit card and buy it over the computer or order it over the phone? Good luck in your quest for elusive CD's.
    From my original message:

I can't buy online without a credit card
    YOu might have missed that--I don't have one [img]smile.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Originally posted by Vantrix:
    For those of you who have purchased TOJ's new album, have you notices how tight the production is? It really shows and comes alive.
    and BTW, it all really shines live, when there's more guitar and less of the busy electronica that does at times, clutter the album...
    http://www.cherone.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000091.html
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Gary: Extreme was the hair across many an ass, because we didn't conform. And that's what inevitably drove me out of Van Halen.

http://www.thenoise-boston.com/features/226_cherone.asp
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 03:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone know if TOJ will be doing a tour that plans on coming to South Florida? I hate to miss out on seeing Exit Elvis performed live!

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

11.19.16 @ 03:37 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Do yourself a favor and pick up this cd. It's excellent.
    No need to compare with Extreme or VH. TOJ stands on it's own feet. An excellent record with great lyrical intrigue and the musicianship is second to none. Enjoy.
    VAN HALEN...ROCK ON

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think the reason Gary came out on top with TOJ's Exit Elvis was because he took all of his experience and knowledge from Extreme and Van Halen and used it as a tool. I think that out of every VH singer, Gary has been the only one to put out quality post VH material. Great Stuff.... Really great stuff.
    "Welcome to the real world."