Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

"Van Halen"
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 05:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys. I fairly new here, and I dunno if this was discussed already, but, did any of you guys see Dave on the Carson Daily show doing "Mean Street" and "Panama"?!?

I still can't get over how vintage it sounded! Well, at least with Dave doing it. I've watched about 15 times now, and I can only keep picturing Mike, Al and Ed with him rockin' the house!

What did you guys think, for those of you that saw it? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Live Music Capital of the World" Austin, Texas!
    Favorite VH Album

5150 Baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

07.15.12 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry dude, go no cable.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

The Next One!
    Favorite VH Song

The Newest Single off The Next One!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Didn't see it..Don't like Carson Daly and wouldn't watch it no matter who was on it.Everytime I see Carson Daly on a show makes me think of MTV and TRL promoting all the shit boyband and rap music.Makes me wanna puke [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    Van Halen....2003??? In television if your on hiatus this long it's means you have been cancelled and nobody told ya.Has VH Been Cancelled and no ones telling us?? C'mon Ed give us a break and give us an update...

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Last Online

05.03.05 @ 09:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I caught it by accident - I agree I think DLR sounded awesome for the 2 songs he played.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

It was an awesome performance! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] If you missed it, you can find it over at the diamonddavidleeroth.com website. The download was about 50Mb, but the quality was excellent. Should be there somewhere...

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree, great performance and Dave did a good interview as well. Didn't take any stabs at Sammy and acted like he wasn't on crack.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Somewhere Ed, Alex, Mikey and Sammy where getting a laugh, I never thought I could see a worse performance than Leno's "California Girls" one Dave did.He proved without a doubt that he would embaress Van Halen if he toured with them, and they would be taking a HUGE step back.
    I think it also proved that Dave has lost his mind, I mean how many time can the guy use that Burger King comment, he is the king of "sounding like a broken record".Perhaps the saddest thing though is that Dime Bag Dave is showing more and more people that he is gay, and what a huge blow(no pun intended) this is to all the memories of the Van Halen of the 80's.. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    "So what's your story? Any tread left on the tires? Or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" Stewie Griffin

Detroit Red Wings

GP 34 Record: 22-9-3

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.30.06 @ 05:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave came off really well on Carson Daily. Most of the audience didn't know a whole hell of a lot about him as they were a young crowd. Dave's jokes were well received and I think many of the crowd got off on a sort of kitsch level what Dave was?is all about. The music rocked, Dave's voice was on, he stole the interview. Even Carson enjoyed himself after getting used to Dave's rhythm. What made the interview great was that it wasn't the standard celebrity jack off to sell product w/props being given to everyone in sight(i.e."This person is so amazing!" "That was so amazing!" "It's really amazing working with(insert name here)!"} I love that Dave is Dave and not some publicists wet dream who spouts off whatever he's told to say. As far as repeating his catchphrases, for most of the crowd Dave was really not well known. To this crowd they are new sayings. Shine on you crazy DIAMOND!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I actually dig Carson's NBC show. He usually has some pretty decent bands on there. I was watching a few weeks ago and he had Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise on there. Im the first to agree that Carson is a major tool but he usually has some newer/non MTV friendly bands on the NBC show

Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 06:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Caught it dude, Roth didn't disappoint, he acted like the goofball that he is during the interview, and his mostly shot voice didn't show up for the 2 songs. Nothing new, no surprises.

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Vince:
    Caught it dude, Roth didn't disappoint, he acted like the goofball that he is during the interview, and his mostly shot voice didn't show up for the 2 songs. Nothing new, no surprises.
    Yeah, Sammy kicked ass on Hollywood Squares. Next week he's co-hosting Regis and Kelly.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

im dissappointed in the nay sayers! I just watched that and the screams I thoguht dave lost has come back into his songs! looks like he has been working on that. you guys should be ashamed for putting dave down, he was and still is a part of VH and he to me sounds top form. i dont know what you guys are ragging on him for cause I dont hear it. he sounds fantastic. and the crowd looked totally into it. what gives guys ? I guess this is the internet eh ? I bet if the 1984 dave showed up youd all be ragging on him. the band sounds as good as VH. they are about the best cover I have seen. performance wise VH has nothing on those guys except being the originators! they sound incredible and brian has the licks down. I dunno maybe I need my ears checked from what you all are saying. a VH w/DLR reunion would be nothing but huge huge huge!!!!!!!!!! and ed knows it or he wouldnt have attempted to let dave back and plan to do a cd and tour possibly. ed knows dave still has it he just needed to get back in shape and he has. he can only get better. sorry but I have seen sammy and no way he has it on dave. sorry. but I guess thats just my opinion like all of you.

BTW: where can you find the rest of this show ? someone must have it online.

[ October 24, 2002, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: bru77 ]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

One foot out the door
    Last Online

09.02.05 @ 03:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by littleguitars_99:
    Somewhere Ed, Alex, Mikey and Sammy where getting a laugh, I never thought I could see a worse performance than Leno's "California Girls" one Dave did.He proved without a doubt that he would embaress Van Halen if he toured with them, and they would be taking a HUGE step back.
    I think it also proved that Dave has lost his mind, I mean how many time can the guy use that Burger King comment, he is the king of "sounding like a broken record".Perhaps the saddest thing though is that Dime Bag Dave is showing more and more people that he is gay, and what a huge blow(no pun intended) this is to all the memories of the Van Halen of the 80's.. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    I concur, that was awful. I have not seen DLR since the Vai days and man is he the posterboy for retirement. I used to go to my gramma's house when I was young and think " shit, this place is a castle. The ceilings are like 20 feet tall and there is a hundred rooms" 15 years later I flew back to see her and it was like a cottage. Some things are just better being remembered than seen. Thanks for the memories Dave [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "My son, ask for thee another kingdom...for that which I leave is too small for thee"- King Phillip of Macedonia to Alexander the Great-339 B.C.

4/1/85-We remember.....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I just wish that Dave had the good taste to
    reinterpret the old material in a new
    way, like how Bowie or Plant bring fresh
    arrangements to their catalogue. But as
    evinced by his wardrobe, taste is no longer a factor.