Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

05.01.12 @ 10:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here

This probably was posted long ago, but I just found it, and thought it was interesting.

I have to stress to those who have not gotten a copy of Dave's No-Holds-Bar-B-Que video - get it.
    Get a copy with Dave's commentary on it. I guarentee you, it is worth it. And its funny as hell, and it really makes you understand Dave.

I could trade if anyone may want to.
    Yes

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by HailNgirl:
    Here

This probably was posted long ago, but I just found it, and thought it was interesting.

I have to stress to those who have not gotten a copy of Dave's No-Holds-Bar-B-Que video - get it.
    Get a copy with Dave's commentary on it. I guarentee you, it is worth it. And its funny as hell, and it really makes you understand Dave.

I could trade if anyone may want to.
    Yeah, a great representation of the all-time great lead singers of our time.

Put the crack pipe down & move away slowly [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN II
    Favorite VH Song

MINE ALL MINE
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ray gave my roomate a few drum lessons a couple years ago. I was told he's a nice guy. As for the No holds tape it's a waste of film if you ask me. I'm personally looking forward to Sammy's documentary & autobiography. At least Sammy is comprehensible.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

What's not to understand about Dave...?

1980's rock star stuck in a perpetual loop... same visual images and Jim Dandy persona that's been his trademark since day one.

I guess I can understand the facination if you are a younger person who didn't experience 78-84 as an adult. But as a person who did... it's about as appealing as watching Grease, Saturday Night Fever and Urban Cowboy over and over and over for the last 20 years... and just as "Cheesey" as well... no that's not a Sammy reference it's pointing out how campy it is to relive the early 80's...

I suppose all you Roth fans sit around watching reruns of Fantasy Island, A-Team, Hart to Hart, The Love Boat and Mork and Mindy reminding yourselves of just how cool it is to relive that era...???? And 10 minutes into the Bar-B-Q video you're going yeah I get it... this truely what cool is about... Na Nu Na Nu... Mork out!!!
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Zahzoo:

1980's rock star stuck in a perpetual loop... same visual images and Jim Dandy persona that's been his trademark since day one.

I guess I can understand the facination if you are a younger person who didn't experience 78-84 as an adult. But as a person who did... it's about as appealing as watching Grease, Saturday Night Fever and Urban Cowboy over and over and over for the last 20 years... and just as "Cheesey" as well... no that's not a Sammy reference it's pointing out how campy it is to relive the early 80's...

I suppose all you Roth fans sit around watching reruns of Fantasy Island, A-Team, Hart to Hart, The Love Boat and Mork and Mindy reminding yourselves of just how cool it is to relive that era...???? And 10 minutes into the Bar-B-Q video you're going yeah I get it... this truely what cool is about... Na Nu Na Nu... Mork out!!!
    Thank you Zahzoo...And lighten' up HairNailGirl, I was just razzen' ya a bit

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Originally posted by Zahzoo:

Some of us actually had a life in the 80s. I guess you had to watch a lot of tv as a kid. Who the fuck watched the A team? [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I watched it man [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

How come no one ever got shot?

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

Originally posted by weesfreewheelin:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Zahzoo:
    Some of us actually had a life in the 80s. I guess you had to watch a lot of tv as a kid. Who the fuck watched the A team? [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]LOL... Yeah growing up in the 60's we had 1 local channel NBC until the 2nd channel came on-line in 1968 which really caused a stir cause it was in the UHF band and everybody had to go purchase new TV's that had UHF capability. No I didn't watch a lot of TV... Mainly cause there wasn't a lot of TV... [img]smile.gif[/img]

In the 80's I had a day job and worked 7 nights a week playing in the clubs around the San Francisco bay area...

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, whatever. You both can have your opinons, just as I can have mine. I have seen this video, and had a smile on my face. I think for those fans, who like to weave together their own story of Van Halen from bits and pieces, will 'get' this video and actually understand Dave more, at least 2000+ Dave. I'm just trying to give this video a little push to those fans who like VH history, like myself, and have not seen it, or who dismissed it because they read posters like you two. The interview with Ray was interesting, not just the bar-b-que references, but the part about Steve Vai also is interesting.
    This may be old news and already discussed and turned into a Sammy vs. Dave vs. Edward vs. whomever thread, but heck, I just found it, and found it interesting. So hey, whatever.
    Yes

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did you watch the video? Did you watch the video with Dave's commentary? Thought so.....

Cause this video is not a reliving of the early 80's. Far from it.

Its great, that you have an opinion, which are like assholes, we all have em. Butt...if you don't care for the video, why start bashing me?

I never said this was a "watch this, it will be just like 1984 all over again!"

Okay, so you "lived" thru 1978-84 as an adult. Whatever. If you don't like a video (you havent even seen) thats okay, but my post was not intended for you. Whats not to get about Dave? Well, for those who havent watched this video with the commentary, I think it is fun to watch, and interesting, for fans, like I explained before, who may have shy'd away from it because they read only negative posts about the video.

For something you havent seen, you sure are getting your panties in a bunch, and thanks for turning my post into a 60's reliving of telivison watching.
    Yes

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

Hailngirl... You need to work on your assumptions... I've seen the bar-b-q video. Some of it is entertaining... some not... The point I was making is there is no revalations in it that bring an expanded understanding of DLR and his form of art or expression. It's all in the same vein of expression that Dave has been producing for the last 25 years with a slight slant on his current musings which don't deviate far from his previous work or thoughts.

The video is NOT reliving the 80's... you are correct... it's a product of an artist stuck in the 80's.

I used the example of the 80's television to convey the point. Consider for a moment Robin Williams... an actor who made the popular scene same time as Dave. Would you consider him interesting and entertaining if he were dressing in his spandex outfit doing his Mork routine in 2002...?

The point is most artists grow... I'm bored with DLR and his rehash... You are not and obviously taking this shit all too seriously...

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really hope that Dave is "stuck" in the eighties. This was when Van Halen was at its peak. If Dave is still in this groove, then the reunion of the original band will be something special for all the original fans !

I for one wouldnt want it any other way !

I havent seen the BBQ video, but I am looking forward to it. Dave always makes the original fans smile ! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]