Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone consider maybe Al's physical condition is the hold up for the band? He's been in poor health for a while now. Maybe he can't tour or play. Apparently he had a difficult time walking at the vma's in '96. I find it hard to believe Ed hasn't done anything in 4 years just because he's an arrogant ass. There has to be more to it than that. Just a thought...........

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts

Donor

Personally I think it is a combo of Ed and Al's health. In AL's case his body is pretty beat up and in Ed's case the cancer thing. I would love to see a reunion tour with Dave even Sammy but realistically I do not see them doing a tour together not because of the DLR/SH combo but due to the fact of the brother's health issues. A combo tour would require both on them on stage for at least 2 to 2 1/2 hours a night and that would be tough on their bodies for a full blown tour. As you said Al had a hard enough time walking on stage.

[ September 04, 2002, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Onirb ]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Please don\'t make me choose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Could be, But I can't see them holding that information back and keeping all the focus on Ed's cancer and marriage.
    Unofficial Keeper of the Faith<p>Our responsibility is to the music and it's continued growth<p>Who's your daddy?<p>"I'm bold as love, just ask the axis" J.H.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Could be, But I can't see them holding that information back and keeping all the focus on Ed's cancer and marriage.

But they are rock stars who place a great deal of importance on their image and public perception.

They would have hoped leaking information of Ed's cancer and failed marriage would lead to sympathy and buy them more time.

Leaking information of Alex's cripple status would likely result in people writing Van Halen off as has-beens.
    "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AFU - Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

07.04.09 @ 09:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Shumway:
    [b]
    They would have hoped leaking information of Ed's cancer and failed marriage would lead to sympathy and buy them more time.
    I would think, and it's just my opinion, that the last thing someone would want people to know about would be a "failed marriage". People tend to keep that close to the chest.
    The 'Foot has landed.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

I would think, and it's just my opinion, that the last thing someone would want people to know about would be a "failed marriage". People tend to keep that close to the chest.

Yeah that's true, you're right.

Neither Ed nor Val has publicly commented on the matter have they? Which of course, it totally fair enough.

Poor Wolfie. Poor Ed. Poor Val.
    "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AFU - Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

07.04.09 @ 09:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Shumway:

Yeah that's true, you're right.

Neither Ed nor Val has publicly commented on the matter have they? Which of course, it totally fair enough.

Poor Wolfie. Poor Ed. Poor Val.
    Shit happens. What is it now, 2 out of every 3 marriages end in a divorce? It's the kid's that suffer.

Can't blame Ed for wanting to spend as much time as possible with Wolfie, i'd be the same way. Family is first and foremost. Well, for most dad's anyway.
    The 'Foot has landed.

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Originally posted by hungryfreakdaddy:
    Anyone consider maybe Al's physical condition is the hold up for the band? He's been in poor health for a while now. Maybe he can't tour or play. Apparently he had a difficult time walking at the vma's in '96. ...........
    Yeah maybe he had a difficult time walking in '96 but he eventually did the III tour in '98, didn't he?
    I think it's a matter of many things, personal problems, health, band members, record companies putting alot of pressure, etc...
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and Ive got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Anyone consider maybe Al's physical condition is the hold up for the band? He's been in poor health for a while now. Maybe he can't tour or play. Apparently he had a difficult time walking at the vma's in '96. I find it hard to believe Ed hasn't done anything in 4 years just because he's an arrogant ass. There has to be more to it than that. Just a thought...........
    Good post bud [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Who knows at this point. Nothing surprises me anymore.
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My thoughts on the the cancer thing........... Anyone ever hear of Widespread Panic? They are a jam band along the lines of The Dead, Phish, The Allmans..........Anyway, recently their founding member/ guitar player, Michael Houser, was diagnosed w/ cancer. It was terminal. He passed away on 8/10. It was rumored for months that he was ill, but there was no official word until about a month before his passing. He didn't want to "rain on the parade", I guess. He played shows until he could not physically play. literally. The band took a filler guitar player on tour. When Mike was to exhausted to play, he left the stage and the other guy stood in. sounds morbid, but that's what Mike wanted. About a month after his last gig he passed. The man lived for music, he loved to play....... RIP Mikey. ( no, VH could not exist w/o Ed, I know) I'd like to think The VH Bros feel the same way.......... And if you happen to think WP is not huge, your wrong.......... They could sell out more shows than Vh without MTV, radio or any trendy bullshit. They are musicians, not rock stars.........I'd like to think the Bros. are musicians first. Don't get me wrong, I hope all is well w/ the guys, first and foremost.... By the way if you like VH, check out some "jam bands"..............They're not about bitching and moaning they're about playing music. Noble concept, huh?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

My thoughts on the the cancer thing........... Anyone ever hear of Widespread Panic? They are a jam band along the lines of The Dead, Phish, The Allmans..........Anyway, recently their founding member/ guitar player, Michael Houser, was diagnosed w/ cancer. It was terminal. He passed away on 8/10. It was rumored for months that he was ill, but there was no official word until about a month before his passing. He didn't want to "rain on the parade", I guess. He played shows until he could not physically play. literally. The band took a filler guitar player on tour. When Mike was to exhausted to play, he left the stage and the other guy stood in. sounds morbid, but that's what Mike wanted. About a month after his last gig he passed. The man lived for music, he loved to play....... RIP Mikey. ( no, VH could not exist w/o Ed, I know) I'd like to think The VH Bros feel the same way.......... And if you happen to think WP is not huge, your wrong.......... They could sell out more shows than Vh without MTV, radio or any trendy bullshit. They are musicians, not rock stars.........I'd like to think the Bros. are musicians first. Don't get me wrong, I hope all is well w/ the guys, first and foremost.... By the way if you like VH, check out some "jam bands"..............They're not about bitching and moaning they're about playing music. Noble concept, huh?
    Panic is great! and that "Houser sound" will be missed in their music.- [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

thank God for bands like Phish, Panic, Allmans, Mule, Blues Traveler, etc.
    these groups I just mentioned are REAL bands.

but you might be barking in the wrong yard trying to get people around here into jam bands. According to some guy down in the rumor mill, everyone around here is still trying to learn the killer riff off their Dokken records!
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

Yeah. That BURNING LIKE A FLAME is a real MUTHA! j/k

[ September 06, 2002, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: wham bam will rock ]
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon