Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For my Women's Studies class (everyone knows how much I love this class) we had to watch this video called Dreamworlds II which deals with how music videos sexualize, dehumanize, objectify, and humiliate women.

So before we get ready to see this I'm thinking "gee, I wonder if they'll show Hot for Teacher?" Then I said to myself, "nah, there's no reason to since the song itself is a joke and not meant to cause any harm." Boy was I wrong, the guy who narrated (also produced and directed) this thing jumped all over Van Halen, David Lee Roth, Motley Crue etc.

Videos in particular that got nailed were "Hot for Teacher" as suspected, "Poundcake", "Yankee Rose", "Just A Gigolo", "Girls Girls Girls" etc. He ripped "Poundcake" to pieces basically insuating that it tells women and girls that they need to be strippers to accepted.
    The guy took the music out of it and added some minor key dreary music as a sountrack to make everything look harmful and predatory. At the end of this video the guy intercut the rape scene from "The Accused" with several music videos as if there was some kind of correlation.

This is this guy's opinion and that's fine but I think he went just a tad overboard here.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    This guy sounds like a big puss. Are you kidding me? They actually make a big deal about these videos in this womens class thing you are taking? Have fun man. LOL. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by track 5:
    This guy sounds like a big puss. Are you kidding me? They actually make a big deal about these videos in this womens class thing you are taking? Have fun man. LOL. Out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want a bigger laugh? This guy is a Men's feminist ( a man who is a feminist.)
    [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]

Last Online

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:

You want a bigger laugh? This guy is a Men's feminist ( a man who is a feminist.)
    [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I stated earlier, he sounds like a big puss. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, well it's a two way street. girls like shania twain and the dixie chicks have songs that basically demoralize and humiliate men as well. two way street? no, because no one gives a shit if the girls have songs like that...

fuck that, i'm a masculist. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Are you fucking kidding me?!?!

This guy is somebody that simply cant get a piece of ass to save his own, and demoralizes the lifestyle and theme of those who CAN get ass (in plenty) just out of spite, envy and jealousy. Tracks right. Fuckin PUSS!! In all actuallity, he's probably a closet fag, and this is the way he supresses his condition due to the fact that he hasnt' come to terms with his deeply hurt and angry fag self. The only way he can get close to women, is to be a fucking feminist, and THAT pisses him off too!! And I gotta tell ya, thats a new one on me!! A fucking MALE feminist?!?! Whatever man. Either the guy is a fag with the issues mentioned above, or he is taking a unique angle with the hopes of gaining publicity for an upcoming book. I hope its the latter, at least its just for a buck. Either way, what a sorry excuse for a man. The last part about the melodramatic addition of minor scale dark music playing along put me over the edge here....sounds like the dude needs to listen to some Van Halen, drink some beers, and dive straight into some P**S*. If he did, he would probably be playing Halen music behind slides of some of the finest achievments of mankind I shit you not.

You fuck with my Halen, I get all Sigmond Freud on your ass! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I hope to heaven you let him read my thoughts on his punk ass agenda. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]b
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'm blown away that you guys are getting so riled up about this. Johnny Rotten used to have a saying, "deny nothing"! Do you guys want your rock and roll to be sitting on the fence so that everyone loves it? Not me, that's not what rock and roll is all about. It's about pissing people off, and there's no such thing as bad press in rock and roll.

Ask Elvis Presley, Ozzy Osbourne, Alice Cooper, Mick Jagger, or Led Zeppelin if negative perception hurt their careers. Once you lose the ability to piss somebody off, you're done.

BTW, get back to me if Elvis responds!!!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What Glenn said!

Rock and Roll was never meant to satisfy EVERYONE on society. Rather it was meant as a mark of rebellion against the "Old Guard". Status Quo, and Authority....

That's the whole bloody point!

~BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

quote:
    Originally posted by Glenn:
    there's no such thing as bad press in rock and roll.

Thats actually one of the first things I thought of [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I forgot to mention that....perhaps he is on Van Halens payroll?? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I guess what gets me is that many of the people in that silly class are probably sitting there nodding their heads, being all PC, then going home, lighting up a big fat J, listening to some sort of Van Halen or similar kind of thing, and getting laid. Its just this big "thenthitive" PC crap going around these days that chaps my ass.

And to get Freudian on myself, I guess I'm riled up because I'm in California and the next person that frowns on me for smoking a cigarette is going to get their head caved in. This place is just WAYYYYYYY to PC for this kid.

Last Online

Premium Member
    I'm not getting riled up, I'm just pointing out the fact that this guys teacher is a puss. As seen pointed out, it's quite obvious that this teacher needs to drop back and punt, and think about what he his doing to lads like Axe and this twisted class he is teaching. LOL.

In real life, I was just having fun with this post. In real life, this teacher is a puss. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] LOL. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

quote:
    Originally posted by track 5:

In real life, I was just having fun with this post. In real life, this teacher is a puss. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] LOL. Out.

Damn man.....some day, I hope to have the knack of summary that you have. You are great at saying in a few words, what it takes me a book to say! lol. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My academic background, by nature is very arrogant and, at times politically correct, seeking to show how evil caucasion men are because they degrade and use women for their own carnal pleasure. Upon graduating and moving on into the "real world," I was surprised to find that woman, nearly as much as men, sexually harrass, use and manipulate men to get what they want in business affairs (no pun intended). And frankly, in professional settings, in eight years, I cannot recal ever encountering a flaming feminist (for which I am greatful). In other words, extreme feministic views exist mostly in the academic environment based upon my experience!
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

For the record, I happen to think that some videos do objectify women in a negative way. Frankly, it's easy for me to ignore it, because I have no children and don't want to have any. But if I had a young daughter, I wouldn't be terribly comfortable with the way women are portrayed in music videos and many other aspects of the media.

Videos present women to be largely (no pun there [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) of one body type, whether it's the Spice Girls, or women in rock videos, or the ho's in rap videos. Imagine having a young daughter of 12 or 14 who's 20 pounds overweight and trying to explain to her that she's normal and not a freak when all she ever sees in the media are thin, attractive women.

I see far too many VERY young girls trying way too hard to look mature when they're nowhere near ready emotionally for it. Where is that image coming from that they are struggling to conform to? You can't use a blanket and just blame one thing, but there's enough blame to go around.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

quote:
    Originally posted by Markymark:
    In other words, extreme feministic views exist mostly in the academic environment based upon my experience!

Then they graduate. And some take their agendas to the government to enforce ridiculous legislation. 90% of which is never passed, but 10% does just to make them shut the fuck up. Thats why the work place is as screwed up as it is nowadays and all it has served is to allow the women to play the same games men used to, and get away with it while the men are walking on eggshells. Poetic justice? Maybe, from a womans point of view. But not from mine. I think its exactly the same as reverse racism.

But anyways, those Van Halen guys sure do rock. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    For the record, I happen to think that some videos do objectify women in a negative way. Frankly, it's easy for me to ignore it, because I have no children and don't want to have any. But if I had a young daughter, I wouldn't be terribly comfortable with the way women are portrayed in music videos and many other aspects of the media.

Videos present women to be largely (no pun there [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) of one body type, whether it's the Spice Girls, or women in rock videos, or the ho's in rap videos. Imagine having a young daughter of 12 or 14 who's 20 pounds overweight and trying to explain to her that she's normal and not a freak when all she ever sees in the media are thin, attractive women.

I see far too many VERY young girls trying way too hard to look mature when they're nowhere near ready emotionally for it. Where is that image coming from that they are struggling to conform to? You can't use a blanket and just blame one thing, but there's enough blame to go around.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn buddy. We're just fucking around here. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] I'll shut up now. Still confused here, but I'm sorry if I upset anyone here that reads this. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

"You stupid fuck!" Seen