Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sleek sloping sideshots, long lonesome looks, I get it all when I fire up my custom 'vette and cruise the neighborhoods of the beautifully sublime San Fernando Valley.

On this particular morning, I am daydreaming about the conversation I overheard yesterday between Alex Van Halen and a hot blonde at a classic eating emporium near Chavez Ravine. Perhaps you read my account of this experience in a previous post? Anyway, I thought I would follow up that post with another recent sighting experience I had involving Tom Petty and his new bride at a Lakers game.

Tom, recently nominated into the R&R Hall of Fame (congrats!), seemed to be enjoying the chili dog and coke he had just purchased from the vendor directly in front of me when I asked him a couple of questions about George Harrison. You see, Tom and I know each other from some professional pieces I wrote about his successful solo outing a few years back. Anyway, he was very polite as usual and told me a bit about seeing George recently before he passed away. Rest in peace George. (If you haven't heard 'Horse to the Water', George's Oct. 2001 recording that appears on Jools Holland's new album, go out and buy it today!) Outstanding. Period.

The conversation between Tom and I took an extremely strange turn when the name David Lee Roth came up from his bride by his side. It seems that Dave and Tom have finished some recent recording and Tom seemed a bit 'concerned' that his wife had let this tidbit slide. Anyway, the newsman in me queried Tom a bit more since the topic was now clearly 'on the record', so to speak.

Tom, Mike Campbell, and DLR indeed have finished 'enough stuff to fill an EP', is how Tom put it that day. I asked about the dynamic in the studio and exactly what was the nature of the recorded work. Tom went on to say that it was retro stuff, very much in the vein of both 'American Girl' and 'Dancin' in the Steets', with a touch of Dave's hip -talk rap going on as well'. I was intriqued to say the least!

And get this one, Dave Roth handled lead vocals with Tom on rhythm guitar and Mike on lead guitar with Tom punching in a bass line later on. Don't know who played drums, forgot to ask.. I wanted to know if the recordings would see the 'light of day' and Tom told me to stay tuned. There was some legal shit that had to be figured out first involving Warner Bros.

What does that mean for the band Van Halen? Who knows...? What Tom told me about his friend Edward Van Halen will have to wait for a different post as I gotta take the car out after the recent chrome polish.

I love Rock and Roll man.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

10.25.16 @ 10:37 PM
    Liked 48 Times in 21 Posts

Time to re-ban TBS. ..........Moron!!
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

03.03.15 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Is your employer not keeping you busy enough these days, TBS? Perhaps they need to be told that you'd like somemore work to do. How is Europe ths time of year?

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Closing for obvious reasons.