Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save

Thread: Remasters??

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 08:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I haven't gotten any of the remasters yet. On which one can you tell the biggest sound difference? I went to the store the other day and 1984 was the only one there. The artwork seemed to be quite sharper. I thought about getting it, but decided to wait and see what you guys and gals had to say about them.

Brandon

crossing_over
    Good question Brandon right now I can´t say anything about that but i think that the difference is on sound quality

------------------
    I reach across to the other side to make contact with you.You fill my dreams.I wanna tell you,tell me why you´re crossing over...

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'd say you're going to notice the biggest difference on Diver Down and Van Halen II. There's a thread in Main about the remasters where I made a couple points pro and con about them. Here's the link to that topic. http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/For...ML/004205.html

Most improved to least goes like this in my opinion.

Diver Down
    Van Halen II
    WACF
    Fair Warning
    Van Halen I

There was a really long back and forth we had about them the day they were released. Here's that link http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/For...ML/004089.html

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alright, I got the remastered VH1 album today. There is quite a difference with the artwork, but as far as the sound goes, I can't tell that big of a difference. I'm still looking for anything other than 1984. Is there any other fairly big changes in artwork with any of the other albums? With VH1, the back and inside had changed, and there was an added picture on the inside I haven't seen before. It was pretty cool.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Well, I've heard them all (and NO, Glenn, I still haven't crumbled and bought them. ).

DD and VHII do sound the best, but FW didn't seem to have that great of a difference to me. This was surprising, to say the least.

My list would be...

DD
    VHII
    WACF
    FW
    VHI

Now, VHI is last, IMO, because it still sounds like it was recorded in a pit.

That doesn't mean it sounds bad, because I like how it sounds. All I mean is that it doesn't sound much different from the original. Dave sounds better, though. His voice is more upfront and clear.

------------------
    "Fuck you. I give you my ass." - Rick S' dog, as interpreted by track 5

Official Bartender Of VHLinks

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bcgvh:
    Is there any other fairly big changes in artwork with any of the other albums? With VH1, the back and inside had changed, and there was an added picture on the inside I haven't seen before. It was pretty cool.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The remastered WACF has a small version of the DLR poster that came with the original LP. And Diver Down has a small collage of photos that was on the insert of the LP. The cover of 1984 is slightly lighter in color than the original CD also.

Last Online

09.24.16 @ 01:11 AM
    Liked 228 Times in 131 Posts

Premium Member
    Yo Down, I don't think you have heard the FW remasters. t5 could tell a major upgrade. Damn dude, listen before you post! LOL. Just playing with ya bro. To answer the original post, THEY ROCK. You will not be disappointed dude. I have the Gold VH I, and I thought it was better. Just t5's opinion. Out

My edit is this: I meant to say that the Gold VH I is a remasters, so I can tell a difference from the original VH I. Out

[This message has been edited by track 5 (edited October 04, 2000 at 06:40 PM).]

[This message has been edited by track 5 (edited October 04, 2000 at 06:44 PM).]

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by track 5:
    Yo Down, I don't think you have heard the FW remasters. t5 could tell a major upgrade. Damn dude, listen before you post! LOL. Just playing with ya bro. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You nasty old man, you hurt my feelings. LOL.

The FW remaster was disappointing, to me. I thought there would be more definition, but it just seems to be an increase in volume.

Don't mess with me t 5. I'll but you upside the head with my Didgeridoo. Seriously. LOL.

------------------
    "Fuck you. I give you my ass." - Rick S' dog, as interpreted by track 5

Official Bartender Of VHLinks

MichelleWms
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bcgvh:
    I haven't gotten any of the remasters yet. On which one can you tell the biggest sound difference? I went to the store the other day and 1984 was the only one there. The artwork seemed to be quite sharper. I thought about getting it, but decided to wait and see what you guys and gals had to say about them.

Brandon
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WACF

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, I just got WACF to add to that. I swear all I'm hearing is an increase in the volume. Maybe an improvement with Mike's bass but mainly just a volume increase.