On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Right off the bat lemme say I freakin' LOVE 1970's Aerosmith and I freakin LOVE Santana and his amazing band as well. BUT, and it's a huge BUT, the way these two legendary units have ended up is embarrasing.

Only in a world this shitty does a legend like Santana need to attach himself to current artists to sell records and get support from radio and specifically MTV/TRL! I mean, shouldn't it be the other way around- A yougn artist trying to attach themselves to the legend?
    This is a man who has been in the biz since the late 60's and has innovated rock music & guitar with his world and afro-cuban rythyms.. But for some reason, despite always being a big concert draw, his albums did not sell much? So in 1999 Clive Davis, who's name I believe means "Soulless Sucker of Satan's Cock", concocts a plan to make Carlos relevant again(and sell a billion albums too). So he sticks him on an album with all new, younger artists. The video for the tune SMOOTH even shows Rob Thomas more than him I think! And of course, it works cuz MTV/TRL play the video for SMOOTH 24/7 and the album SUPERNATURAL goes on to sell like 20 MILLION copies worldwide. Gee, think MTV/TRL woulda played a video of Santana alone? SUPERNATURAL went DIAMOND in the U.S. in like a year and a half?!? But to me, good ole' Carlitos credibility went right out the window cuz now he has become like a "rent-a-legend". Poppin' up on recordings of Michelle Branch, Wyclef and many others, it seems like Carlos plays with anyone long as the money is right. And of course, he gives us some hippie-mojo speech about how the artist he is recording with is a "brilliant spector of light sent hear to cleanse our souls and make us feel the vibration of the ja and yadda yadda yadda... Whatever Carlos..

Far as Aerosmith, well, ya know how I feel. A once great rock band who, since 1986, have spent the second half of their career as a host carrying and spreading the factory made schmaltz hits of everyone from Desmond Childs to Marti Fredriksen to the world on MTV.
    Not to mention the spectacle that was the superbowl halftime show with Nsync and Brittany.. But hey, they are one in the same now. They are all TRL people and use the same songwriters, so why shouldn't they perform together? This is a band who has the nerve to proclaim themselves 'America's Best' while doing all these atrocities. On top of the fact they are MTV tools and will appear at any and every award show possible.
    They may still be around making back all the money the lost back in the day, but if you don't think they are a joke at this point, ya missed the punchline...

Bottomline is- VH can do whatever the hell they want really. And wether they ever record as VH again or not is actually fine by me. They have nothing to prove I believe. But if they follow the lead of the 2 acts I listed above, you're making a deal with the devil..
    VH performing with Michelle Branch & Wyclef? VH churning out factory made schmaltz hits brought to them by the makers of Brittany? I cringe at the thought... I'd rather they just go away then ever fall into that 9th circle of hell..

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

11.15.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess I'm selfish because I don't really care who the singer is as long as its Dave or Sam and I could care less who contributes to the writing of the lyrics as long as Eddie is writing the music. I just want my Van Halen. And, call it a deal with the devil if you want, but if I'm seeing Van Halen on music award shows rather than In Stync, I'm a happy guy. If I'm hearing VH on popular radio and video television, I'm a happy guy. I don't give a shit how they accomplish it provided it's one of the first two singers and it's new music. I'm sick of waiting, I'm sick of getting the mushroom treatment from my favorite band, and I'm sick of the crap that's out there now. So, if Aerosmith's crap is replaced by Van Halen's crap, so be it. Just give me my fucking Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Badabing....understand your point clearly. However, I don't think VH will become like Santana unless Ed goes solo. As far as Aerosmith is concerned....I'm like you stopped paying attention to them around 1986. I can't see the Aerosmith thing happening to VH. If it did happen, it would have happenned already, if you know what I mean. You do have to credit Aerosmith management for keeping them in the spotlight all these years even if their music pretty much sucks compared to their old shit. That's what pisses me off more than anything about VH. They're not relevant anymore in today's market. We, the fans, all know that VH's music kicks ass over anything that's out there.....but the general public has forgotton, and the youth of today are like Van Who? So, if a miracle happenned and VH gets plastered all over M"shit"TV.....I for one will be happy.
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I always find it amusing when people go all negative on people who have brought themselves to the top. Can you believe a group would actually try and market themselves so that they may sell millions of albums every couple of years. God damn they suck! Hagar pushing his tequila, what an idiot. I can understand that point of coming from college students who are brainwashed into believing doing anything well in business is bad or in music is 'selling out'. Van Halen could only be so lucky to have the careers of Santana or Aerosmith or KISS.

Smart buisness people v. idiots. Hagar v. Roth. One has millions and 20 some projects the other can't pay is web provider. I guess people with this point of view have never had to earn a paycheck they just get paid to be somewhere at 8am.
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.30.06 @ 05:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Badabing, that was a funny ass post, and I agree w/many points you brought up. I haven't bought any Aerosmith stuff other than old concert boots since 86. Santana's on to a good thing and I can't slam him too much as he did his own thing for many years. Maybe he's obligated to his contract to do "favors", since so many artists were brought in to push Supernatural. I do hope VH will keep much of what made them great in the original incarnation, when the Dave reunion is officially announced. However, I wouldn't slag them off for going w/a few cuts that appealed to the current musical trends. Just to see and hear them together will be enough.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave can't pay his web provider . . . uh huh, just like Sammy "couldn't pay" his biographer. Hard to see how Dave is poor when he lives in a mansion, makes decent money touring and gets royalties on a catalog that continues to do a brisk business.

On to Sammy's "20 projects."

Not 4 Sale is about as successful a project as DLR Band. Planet Us? Kind of like Dav's Bar-b-Q video -- unseen, unheard and unknown to most of the world. I still don't get the way Redtards try to pretend Sam is still a successful musician in a different league than Roth. Wake up.

As for non-music projects, Sam owns a successful club, and sells a lot of alcohol and Cabo-themed junk like shampoo, conditioner and baby clothes. I'm not impressed; Sam basically ripped off Jimmy Buffett's business model. And if I want to admire a successful entrepreneurs, I check out Fortune.com, not redrocker.com.

What other projects are there? Hollywood Squares? Rock the House? Don't make me laugh.

[ December 04, 2002, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Sweet William ]

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Waboritas
    Planet Us
    Club
    Hotel
    Label
    2 Web sites
    Tequila (voted 2nd best in the world)
    Book in the works
    DVD in the works

Just the ones that come to my head to start.

To compare the Wabo's to the DLR Band is just silly. The Wabo's have released three disc and been on 3 US tours in the last 4 years. Actually I'm not sure who he toured with on the Marching to Mars tour. Not a Wabo CD but not sure who went on the road with him.

My bad, I must of been mistaken about Roth being sued by several people for not paying his bills. I was just going by reports here.
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I dig some of your points as well. It's just that I aint one of these "VH needs to do it any way possible" type dudes. There is an important legacy that spans 3 decades and needs to be treated right.
    Hey, I dont mind a band marketing themselves and making millions. I dont believe in that starving artist crap. If you make great music, you better get paid.
    What I dont like is when Aerosmith, a buncha hard rockin' heroin junkies, run around nowadays like 13 year olds, doing shows with 13 year olds(OK, maybe Brittany was 16) and singing songs written for them by a bunch of wanks who write for 13 year old TRL artists! If the 13 year old in question was like a Steve Vai jr., I'd understand. When its the TRL flavor of the month, no way. Just like Aerosmith being buddy buddy with that poser Kid Rock and singing his praises. Funny how no one would touch Kid Rock in his goofy rapper days from 1990-1998. Only when he got on TRL and finally got known do Aerosmith suddenyl coozy up to that fraud.
    And I dont mind musical evolution and changing sound. But if EVH suddenly where to appear onstage with dreadlocks, bent over playing a downtuned 7-string Ibanez guitar, trying not to trip over his chain wallet while a dj scratches in the background, well, I'd be forced to kick my own ass...
    Far as VH "wishing" they had the career or Aerosmith or Kiss, I beg to differ. VH's career, especially sales wise, matches up quite nice with those bands. In fact, Kiss has sold about 20 Million albums in the U.S. in like 30 years. VH sold over 50 Million bewteen 1978-1996 alone!!
    And mind you, many here say the numbers are actually closer to 60 million in the U.S...
    VH outsold Kiss 2 to 1. And this despite the fact Kiss has what seems like 50 albums in their catalog! lol...
    You know how Gene Simmons always says that Kiss has more Gold albums than everyone except the Beatles? Well, there is a reason for that- Most Kiss albums only went Gold! They never reached platinum. VH has 12 straight multi-platinum albums and over double Kiss's album sales in the U.S.. And VH did it in much less time and without those cute Kiss dolls! Although I must confess, the Ace Frehley doll with the kung-fu grip is badass...

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dealt with the Wabos and Planet Us; you've added nothing to that. Sam and Dave are in the same league career-wise. Only Redtards believe otherwise.

You added a hotel to Sammy's business interests. Congrats. The only impressive thing about all this is how well Sammy manages to hide the fact that he is the opposite of the laid-back, blue-collar EveryMan he paints himself as.

Oh right, Sammy's book "The Long Road to Cabo." He's been promising that one for a while; where is it? You do know that there is an already-written book about Sam, don't you? Sammy never paid the author, and he didn't like what the book said, and as a result of the lawsuits the book hasn't seen the light of day.

I suppose that when "The Long Road to Cabo" DOES come out, it will become yet another point of comparison beween Dave and Sam given the existence of "Crazy from the Heat." And I'm willing to bet that, just as with music, Dave spins a far more interesting tale than Sam.

Sammy's putting out *another* DVD? Got to keep reaching into fan's wallets.

And if you count Sammy's "2 websites" as "projects," LOL, you're grasping at straws. Is the website where you can buy "Red-Head Body Oil and Lotion" (this is for real) one of those? http://www.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebOb...5.21.1.0.1.5.1

I noticed that you didn't say anything about Hollywood Squares or Rock the House

So what else you got?

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here are some of Santana's new songs. Apparently they where leaked out by someone! One of these tracks will be his next single..

"Jingo to tha Hizzo"- A wild jam involving Carlos Santana, Snoop Doggy Dog and Jay-Z! Way to keep it 'gangsta' Carlitos! Fo' shizzle my nizzle..

"Black Magic Woman Betta Gimme My Money"- Another classic remake, this time hookin' up with DMX and Lil' Kim. Peter Green is now officially back on LSD after hearing this one! Woohoo!!!!!

"Oye Como Va Beatch?"- This is another dope track featuring the genius of Carlos Santana teamed up with Lil' Bow Wow, Nas and P Diddy. Naomi Campbell to star in the video.. yummy..

"Samba Pa Ti from tha Trailer"- A true watershed moment. Carlos Santana & Eminem team up for this remake. A tearjerker to the tenth power, listen as Carlos's soaring guitar licks bounce off of Eminem's verbal assault! Hardknock tales of trailer park life and gettin' a can of whoop ass opened up on you as a kid set to Carlos' sweets licks.. Heaven...

"Complicated in Tijuana"- Avril Lavigne and Carlos team up to bring a little bit of Mexico to Canada! Watch to see if Carlos wears a tie!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some, Feels So Good, Dirty Water Dog
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do you know what the difference is between the Halen Bros. and Carlitos, the Boston Boneheads, Nugent, Kiss, Sammy, hell even the Diamond one? They have given their fans something...anything...(new CD's, box sets, tours, action figures) over the past few years. If you are a diehard fan, you may not be crazy about all of it, but at least you get to argue about some product or concert appearance that is not over 4 fucking years old.

How pathetic are we.

I NEED SOME VAN HALEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Repeat after me:
    Video killed the radio star.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CaboWaboHombre:
    [QB]Do you know what the difference is between the Halen Bros. and Carlitos, the Boston Boneheads, Nugent, Kiss, Sammy, hell even the Diamond one? They have given their fans something...anything...(new CD's, box sets, tours, action figures) over the past few years. If you are a diehard fan, you may not be crazy about all of it, but at least you get to argue about some product or concert appearance that is not over 4 fucking years old.

How pathetic are we.

Again, if VH never does another record, I am actually fine with that. All bands end one way or another. The MUSIC is what needs to stand the test of time.. Let EVH and AVH do some solo type stuff under a different band name or whatever. I'd rather they end then put out the crud Aerosmith and others have put out which written by others.
    Though I am happy to see a dude like Ted Nugent still out there kickin ass on his own terms.. I am a big Metallica fan. After 1991's 'Black Album' I had to wait till freakin' 1996 for their next record!! And you know what I got? LOAD... Shoulda been called LOAD OF SHIT. I thought the Black Album was suspect, but LOAD pissed me off royally.. So be careful what ya wish for. Unless the material is done entirely by the band and is STELLAR, just retire.. Better to go out with class than hang around collecting paychecks and releasing crap, or even worse, factory made trendy crap..

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Damnit, posted before completing my damn post!

Anyhow, also remember VH has been silent now for the first time since 1977! After the album and Tour of 1998 they been silent. But a lot of that has to do with Eddie and Alex's health, especially Eddie's..
    Eddie almost lost his life to cancer. And he was what, like only like 45 years old? That's scary.
    EVH battles cancer from like 2000 till 2002.
    Add to that the hip replacement he had in 99', leaving Warner Bros. after 25 years in 02', splitting with his wife of 20 years in 02', having to let Cherone go back in late 99'.. Man, it's been rough..

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

[quote]Originally posted by Badabing:
    [QB]
    Originally posted by CaboWaboHombre:
    [QB]Do you know what the difference is between the Halen Bros. and Carlitos, the Boston Boneheads, Nugent, Kiss, Sammy, hell even the Diamond one? They have given their fans something...anything...(new CD's, box sets, tours, action figures) over the past few years. If you are a diehard fan, you may not be crazy about all of it, but at least you get to argue about some product or concert appearance that is not over 4 fucking years old.

How pathetic are we.

Again, if VH never does another record, I am actually fine with that. All bands end one way or another. The MUSIC is what needs to stand the test of time.. Let EVH and AVH do some solo type stuff under a different band name or whatever. I'd rather they end then put out the crud Aerosmith and others have put out which written QB]
    If Van Halen is going out, they don't need to go out with the "washed-up" image they got from Van Halen 3, they need to get Dave or Sammy back or atleast do a farewell tour of something so that they leave with the image of the ultimate rock band.