Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

04.21.13 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got this via email this morning. I've emailed Sarge to see if it's legit but haven't got a reply yet. What do you guys think?

Hollywood Jan 2nd.

-Today Emerald City Recordings of Hollywood has issued a statement to the effect of www.hardknockz.com and www.dlrarmy.com have been forcibly shut down and removed from the
    internet via the server company they host.

-Issued statement from the Emerald City camp states the two websites have been systematically posting harassing, libel, defamation and slanderous writings on both websites message forums. The two were on the same server and were effectively shut down January 2nd.

-Emerald City Recordings of Hollywood have been under attack by the webmasters of both URL's as far back as 2 years said a spokesperson for the independent label. "We have had enough of this and there are several other internet businesses/people we will be coming after as well. We consider these internet terrorists taking Freedom Of Speech for granted kinda like the Taliban and we (Emerald City) are the United States Army and were coming after you... Mr. Dickinson your next just like Sadam".

-The incidents stem from a battle over rock radio station KNAC who Emerald City claims tried to charge them for posting on a free message board about a release from one of their artists. "Basically KNAC (Rob Jones) thought we were stupid enough to fall for that extortion and we told them no, were not interested in your station and we don't need KNAC. KNAC holds no power over making or breaking a band." Since that time listeners and staff members have been going online posting hatred, malicious rumor, slander etc. regarding one of Emerald City's artists. webmaster of www.hardknockz.com has been harassing the Emerald City label since. Another KNAC fan an employee at The Arizona Republic (Gannet) was also fired because of his activities in harassing Emerald City.

-The www.dlrarmy.com is owned by He also hosts www.hardknockz.com on his server for . If there's anything to be learned here kids it's don't metal with evil over the internet. "and some of the employees at UVDI (Ultra Violet Devices Inc. in Valencia) have purchased several domain names claiming they are going to launch them if we don't purchase them, one being held by another internet terrorist named Saeid Yomtobian of Malibu Ca. Mr. Yomtobian has a long track record of trying to impersonate companies by buying up miss-spelled URL's that closely resemble the trademarked version. He wants $250.00 per name... He has been sued many times. When asked why he's attacking Emerald City by trying to extort money from them to stop these offensive URL's from being opened his reply was, my boss asked me to do it."

-Emerald City Records spokesperson said they have tried contacting David Lee Roth's management to see why an official Roth site would condone such activity but have had no reply. www.dlrarmy.com claims to be Dave's official website. Would he appreciate the way his name is being used? I wonder.

TR

Associate Press Release Int.

Names edited out by Glenn (twiceLMAO)

[ January 05, 2002 at 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Glenn ]

[ January 05, 2002 at 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Glenn ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Wow.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Sounds like crap to me - some of the statements made are totally over the top - all that stuff about the taliban etc, and I can't remember the army ever laying claim to official status.

Looks like rubbish IMHO.
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Goo:
    Sounds like crap to me - some of the statements made are totally over the top - all that stuff about the taliban etc, and I can't remember the army ever laying claim to official status.

Looks like rubbish IMHO.
    <hr></blockquote>

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I'm thinking maybe the label read a lot of the posts saying how the Army should be Dave's official site.

I wasn't really a regular at the site, but do remember reading stuff from Dave (hardknockz) about some Bernard Edwards dude. At first I thought he was talking about the bass player in Chic (now deceased). When I looked up www.emeraldcityrecordings.com I found his name there as one of the artists.

I'd love this to be untrue, but it doesn't look good. It's a very elaborate hoax if it's not true.

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

I don't think the DLRArmy ever claimed to be Dave's official site, but I have read posts where members claimed it was the best Dave site on the net, as well as a better site than the one Dave has as his official site, and in my opinion, they are doing nothing but telling the truth in stating as much. Whatever is going on, there's no such thing as bad press, and there's Dave being mentioned in a AP press release.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I hear ya Grant, but it wouldn't be the first time an elaborate hoax has hit the VH world.

All I know is I can hear them weiners just a-squeeeeeelin on the barbie right now. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well I spoke with Sarge about a week ago, and he told me that he wouldn't be back onnline until May, because he is going into officers training and boot camp. He will become a Lt.Hmmmmm I really hope this isn't true, and I can't see how a record label could shut down the websites, it's only a website, and what happened to freedom of Speech??? I mean look at the crap that gets published in the Enquirer and Globe and that other BS. I think this is BS. Hell I would go to the Army all the time, but I don't recall any postings about this unknown artist...OK where's POJO, he might know sometihng about this...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

This is BULLSHIT if it's true or not.
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.06.13 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

GODAMMIT!!!

ITS THAT FUCKING BERNARD EDWARDS IDIOT WHO DID THIS!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The problem is with BurstNet who are a shitty host.

The mentally deranged psychopath in question has nothing to do with it.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.07.13 @ 04:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What in the fuck is this bullshit.

I talked to BurstNet not a fucking couple of hours ago. Frankly, that conversation isn't anyone's business...but I have it copied...and can, without a doubt call this a bald face lie...

This is total and utter bullshit...total bullshit.

I'm gonna ask someone to get rid of this thread...cause this is a giant fucking lie...

unfuckingbelieveable...
    EUAS

"I remember those days at the Links when everything you posted on EUAS was like the fucking communist manifesto"--ICON--2002

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Grant man...couldn't you have verified this from an Army source before posting this?

Damn...
    EUAS

"I remember those days at the Links when everything you posted on EUAS was like the fucking communist manifesto"--ICON--2002

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by POJO_Risin:
    Grant man...couldn't you have verified this from an Army source before posting this?

Damn...
    <hr></blockquote>

After waiting six hours for a reply from Sarge, I decided to go with it.

Whether it's true or not, if Sarge really is out of action until April, how can you guys fix the problem?

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by VHND:

After waiting six hours for a reply from Sarge, I decided to go with it.

Whether it's true or not, if Sarge really is out of action until April, how can you guys fix the problem?
    <hr></blockquote>

Grant Sarge won't be online for many months from what I understand...

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Grant, we are in the middle of fixing the problem as we speak. Read your private messages at this site.

We've been in contact with burstNET all freakin' week. Of course...I didn't realize I'd have to fuckin' post everything we've been doing from the general masses to oppose 1 e-mail. 1 e-mail is not ellaborate to say the least. Especially when there's been a known person stalking the webbies of a couple of Army hosted sites. 6 hours Grant is a short time to hold onto breaking news about VH...but this is flat out bullshit man. Flat out bullshit.
    EUAS