Thread: Ed in a tabloid

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.13.13 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know if this was already mentioned on here. I haven't been around all that much.

Ed is in the March 4 edition of "The Globe" in a section called "The Dish". The title of the article is : "Eddie Van Halen Risking Life With Booze".

It shows NAMM pics and the writer states that her sources say that he had to be carried down aisles at NAMM due to his drunken state. She also says that Ed was kissing his male body guards, and was yelling at his fans to get away from him. [img]redface.gif[/img]
    "The spirit can not be contempt. The spirit can not be sour and angry" - DLR on The NEW Van Halen

"Shutthefuckupity" - DIF on John Cusack.

"Baby, where'd you sleep last night?
    Your hair is all tangled
    and you ain't walking right." - Robert Johnson

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, Fab told me about that last night and I actually thought posting the article would just stir up too much crap here (no offense Fab or DG. my responses arent' geared towrds you guys). The way I see it is this -

1) If half that stuff happened, we would have heard it by now. That reporter was not the only one at NAMM and I'm sure others would have seen such behavior and reported it.

2.) The Globe is a rag just as much as the Enquirer. They can be entertaining to read and SOME stuff in them is valid, but most of it is fabricated bullshit. Why else would they all be sued on a daily basis? I figure this writer tried to get a scoop out of Eddie and he wouldn't give her jack shit, so she vindicatively made up what she wanted and stretched the truth to get back at him. Sensationalism is what sells those things, and they will always try to outdo each other with their stories. I see a HUGE lawsuit coming out of Ed over this, regardless of how much of it is true(who knows how much really is).

Furthermore, these people get such a thrill out of kicking celebrities when they are down, when they should be showing a little respect and dignity instead of prying into their lives and finding whatever dirt they can on them. If Ed is indeed boozing it up like a madman, he is probably depressed as hell and the last thing he needs to help him along (as the article writer claims she wants him to get help for himself)is have his dirty laundry aired out like that.

That said,

I'm not trying to defend Ed or kiss his ass. From all the reports we've heard , he still has a ton of issues and most likely a lingering drinking problem. I just don't think these people will ever get their lives together when they are scrutinized every time they fart or forget to put their makeup on one day. You can say all you want about freedom of press and that it comes with being a celebrity, but I think when someone is obviously down and out, they deserve a bit more respect and actual HELP instead of slanderous rubbish and the like.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Wolfman:

1) If half that stuff happened, we would have heard it by now. That reporter was not the only one at NAMM and I'm sure others would have seen such behavior and reported it.

Well just to be devil's advocate, half of that shit was reported by the cat here who got everyobdy pissed off in the first place.

Sad stuff. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

[ February 26, 2003, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: willyum ]
    not another dime from me, fellas...

tinzen

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read the whole thing and in truth being a HUGE EVH fan it saddened me. I was going to scan it and post it here but I called Wolf to talk to him about it and he told me not to. After hearing his reasonings I agreed not to post it. The saddest part to me is that the author said that Ed actually called her and admitted he was drinking that day, he was being kind of pissy with her saying, "I was not drinking Champagne, I was drinking 1978 Cabernet Sovinioung (SP?) If you want your story to be accurate get it right." That made me sad... The whole thing just got worse and in the end... I wondered, who from this board was her source of information? I could tell from her tone in her article that she was pissy with Ed, probably because of the phone call, but I just felt like I wanted to call her too and tell her to KISS MY ASS!

[ February 26, 2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Fabulous Shadow aka VHL ]
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ed chases away the last few remaining VH fans! I just hope he hasn't thrown in the towel for good.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

07.30.08 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's the bottle of wine that was next to his chair in one of the NAMM shots posted here.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by willyum:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wolfman:

Well just to be devil's advocate, half of that shit was reported by the cat here who got everyobdy pissed off in the first place.

Sad stuff. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Oh, I agree , willyum, but the guy that posted here (and a few others) only mentioned that he was drunk and didn't sign autographs, as well as he was late. The part about the autographs and being late are indisputable fact. But kissing his bodyguards, telling fans to get the hell away from him, and several other things she said in the article (which aren't all listed here in this thread) just sound way to detailed and outrageous to be just "coming out".

For that matter, WTF is a Globe reporter or their dirt-sucking "sources" doing at a NAMM show to begin with?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Donor

He's always been a tabloid favorite because of who he was married to. I assume if he was going to make a public appearence at least one or two of these vultures would show up and hover...AND...How many "valid" reporters might turn in to "sleaze peddlers" for the right price?

There was one detailed NAMM account and someone tried to interview him as he was being escourted out a secret exit and they asked him when his next public appearence would be and he murmered "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." If that was the point where the shit hit the fan and it was a private or guarded exit, then the source very well have been one of the security guards themselves, and noone else would have seen it.

I say post the scan. I for one would like to read it and don't really feel like giving these fuckers any money for their drivel.

[ February 26, 2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: willyum ]

tinzen

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I doubt the kissing of the body guards was anything more than humor. The article said he kept them waiting 20 mins while he was in the restroom and that they had to go in and get him out. I'm sure it was just a playful thing that this sucky "reporter" is trying to turn into something more. IDIOT!
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Donor

I think you're right Fab. Probably totally blown out of perportion.

Hell he's kissed everybody in the band on the cheek hasn't he?

Not a big thing there...

The drunk thing though, given his well publicized history, I think that's just sad.

Pure speculation though, and none of my buisness.

(thrown in for liablity and damage control. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

tinzen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just figured I'd let you all know it's out there. I think we all know how these writers are and how they take some news and start out with the facts and then twist them to be something other than the truth.

I never usually read these rags, but I was at the pharmacy waiting for a prescription to be filled and I saw a pic of Van Damme on the cover. I dig that guy, so I read that article and then just kept reading and that was when I saw the shit about Ed.

Her comment at the end of the article was pretty harsh. She said something like: Geez, Eddie,you haven't had a hit in years and you've survived cancer, you could be more grateful to your fans.

:bitch:
    "The spirit can not be contempt. The spirit can not be sour and angry" - DLR on The NEW Van Halen

Your hair is all tangled

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by diamondsgirl:
    I just figured I'd let you all know it's out there. I think we all know how these writers are and how they take some news and start out with the facts and then twist them to be something other than the truth.
    Agreed. that's why I said I wasn't slamming you for posting it or Fab for reading it to me last night. I just hate reporters like that.

Her comment at the end of the article was pretty harsh. She said something like: Geez, Eddie,you haven't had a hit in years and you've survived cancer, you could be more grateful to your fans.

:bitch:
    Sounds like half the posters on this board. LOL! [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Yeah the ending pretty much tells me she's a bitter hack that couldn't get a real story. Kind of like the peeps that don't get their autographs. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

BTW - Love the new sig, DG! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ February 26, 2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Wolfman ]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Yeah that sounds like a lot of posters around here, don't get me NOBODY is guilt free of trashing Eddie in his current state. That part about kicking celebrities when they are down. Ed has gotten more than his share of bruises from the kicks at this board.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

09.23.12 @ 09:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If it's in the Globe, it's 100% bullshit.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw an ad on the same page as Eddie's story. Saying "Make big bucks by calling us if you have hot celebrity news! Thousands of Dollars can be yours!".

The more scandalous the story, the more $$ "the source" gets. That is why they have to twist shit around. Ed makes a good target right now for these scums. Like you said, they kick 'em when they're down. Dirty Laundry.

Your hair is all tangled