Register
    Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

I was in one of those mega-party stores tonight and happened upon the last bottle of Cabo Wabo Tequila on the shelf.

The price?.........$51.49.

Just thought that was funny.
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

poundcake & hot for teacher
    Last Online

04.27.07 @ 07:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

check out your local Costco wholesale stores, *some of them carry it, i got mines for 47.99 [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] * they only carry the "reposado"

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

$50.00 for Reposado and $40.00 for Blanco is nothing to laugh at my friend. It's fuckin outrageous. I understand it's the shit but geeze. That's a tough pill to swallow. Sammy is making a mint off the stuff but could be making a ton more. Who can afford to keep a constant bottle in their stock? I'm sure a lot of blue bloods can but the average working man can't fork out that kind of dough everytime he wants a bottle of the stuff. You don't have to mark the stuff down to nothing, just come down on the price a little bit. Ok Sam?
    "The truth hurts."

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Un0chained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm no tequila expert, but I do know that its recent popularity has driven up prices. Much like cognac, "real" tequila is a sparse commodity. There just isn't a whole lot out there (relatively speaking) To Sam's credit, he has actually recently DROPPED his unit cost by about $7.00.

At my local Costco (Northern California) last weekend I saw it for $35.99 . I believe Patron was something like $41.99

They only carry the Reposado, and they have the new bottle design.

Primo tequila can cost WAAAAY more than 40 or 50 bucks a bottle. There is a cool tequila bar called Blue Agave in Pleasanton, California that stocks all three of the Cabo Wabo varieties (In total they have upward of 150 top-shelf tequilas) The last time I was there I had a shot of the Anejo. They served it to me in a snifter. 12 bones! But they have stuff there (I've heard) that runs 50, 60 dollars a shot and more.

A good runner up to the Cabo stuff is the Jose Cuervo Tradicional...not the regular "gold" stuff! (Or what I call a headache in a bottle!)
    Th Tradicional runs about $24 at the local Safeway.

Spring for the the Sammy juice when you have a few extra bucks, or you've got a special occasion to celebrate...hey, Sammy is doing a FREE outdoor show in San Francisco tomorrow night and I am going. Sounds like a good excuse to fill up the flask!
    Cheers!!!!

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

its not so much the popularity as the fact it is 100% agave. any 100% agave taquila ia about $50 a bottle. and well worth it... once you have it, you wll never go back to that hangover cheap crap
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

What Mikey Metalhead Said... plus there has been a shortage of agave the last two years due to low yeilds from bad weather etc... this has also driven up the prices of tequila. Cheap tequilas are distilled like crappy rot-gut (Most anything with the name Cuervo applies) and not made the traditional way which is very time consuming and labor intensive... therefore a higher cost...

BTW outside of the US border towns you won't find Cuervo and the other chaep brands. To the natives that stuff makes Boones Farm look like a quality liquor...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

My (limited) understanding of the situation, is that Sammy's competitors have also introduced new iterations of their tequila which use 100% Agave.

He went from being one of the "only" guys doing it, to one of many who are/will try, and that has also depleted the supply of Blue Agave.

To his credit, he's not happy about it at all. The situation hasn't helped him make more profit, because it COSTS him a ton more to MAKE it.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not being a tequila officianado, what other brands of tequila out there are comparable to Cabo Wabo and around the same price or cheaper?
    "The truth hurts."

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I used to be a tequila afficionado until the hangovers started to hurt too much I always liked a brand called Hornito's with a green label. Very smooth with good purity.
    "Some men are born to greatness, some women have greatness thrust up in them."<br /> <br />Diamond Dave

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

The price is a bit steep, but it's an import. The tequila is really good though.

I was commenting on the price because it was just a penny short of being 51.50
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Hot For Teacher
    Omaha, soon to be Phoenix again...Thank GOD!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree, green label Hornito's ($25-30?) is really good.

Also try Suauza (spell?) Triada ($50). That stuff kicks ass also.

Like mentioned many times already, good tequila will cost you. Don't buy into the, "Sammy's making big bucks off of you," crap.

Cabo Wabo is the real deal. If you can't afford it or don't want to pay that much for it...then don't get it! It's all personal preference. Kind of like the whole Sam vs. Dave thing that's NEVER been addressed here. MO.
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?" Fools...<br /><br />LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! Ten time Stanley Cup Champions...

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

$51.49...i get it, one cent less than $51.50. It is kinda ironic...its like having ten thousand spoons and I still get my girfriend to punch Alanis Morisette in the face for that AWFUL song [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Prices at the Cantina, should anyone ever be able to make it there:

-Blanco: $28
    -Reposado: $36
    -Anejo: $45

Much cheaper than in the U.S., considering even in Tijuana the Anejo is $90 and Reposado is around $60. I picked up Reposado at Von's yesterday for $35.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008