Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:58 AM
    Liked 743 Times in 410 Posts

Premium Member
    I think it is safe to say that we will be seeing a new cd from Van Halen with DLR in the near future. As happy as this makes me - I have some concerns.

Todays younger generation won't get it. They will be talking Britney / Limp B / Nsync -all kinds of shit without soul like that. Which is why I hope those younger people go to a concert; so they can see Dave give his heart and soul entertaining. So they can see Ed COMMAND an intrument. They can see a band perform LIVE on stage.

This ramble kind of leads me to my next point. Sales. The new CD will sell EASILY 3 - 4 million (and that is if the thing sucks). However - (and I am not sure here) - how does that compare to the people I mentioned above? I think they sell like 10 million or something. Anyway - 3-4 million might be seen by some as a failure. I think this number will grow after people see the concert. Which will also help the Van Halen franchise grow.

But the biggest thing I am hoping for (besides hearing Van Halen with DLR / seeing them in concert together for the first time) is a (hopefull) revolution in the music business. A swing back to music having soul, hunger and bite. Something I haven't heard for a long time - and am really waiting for.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

i can tell you with utmost certainty that we are all starving for the exact same thing around here...

Last Online

12.09.12 @ 12:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I need a VH Burger with fries to go.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 908 Posts

Everybody wants some, I want some too!!!

I wouldn't be too concerned about the
    younger generation buying VH albums.
    There are plenty of us 'older' folks
    that will buy enough of them.
    Rock N Roll is itching for something big
    and VH will deliver.

------------------
    May the Phoenix that is Van Halen rise again!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'm not nearly as confident that it will sell four million copies. I don't see that it can sell that many copies without making some noise with the younger generation. I think a majority of the fans over 30 would be likely to go to the concert, but less likely to buy any album unless it had a big hit song on it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.21.12 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think one thing that would really help gain some younger fans would be to play a couple of stadium shows with your Limp Bisquit, Korn, Foo Fighters......and VH headline. I would have to arive right before VH took the stage! But, this would really pack some younger ppl in and give VH a chance to show them why big brother and dad has all them VH albums laying around!

------------------

"I don't need no stinking click"

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the new cd will kick ass no matter what..im still trying to figure out the impact it will have..im so exited..i cant wait to see how roth does interviews...p.s. i want that vh burger and fries too..LOL

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

you know, i've been wondering about how the younger crowd will accept the new vh, but you know what, when you think about it, who cares? their main appeal, economically, will be from the 20s, 30s, and beyond crowd. if the younguns don't get it, i feel for 'em, but they may be too immersed in the nsync, brittany mcdonald's tour!

------------------
    your official vhlinks prosecutor

Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

i agree ,for the tour have a band like korn or limp bisket open ! the kids will then see what is real talent. that will turn rock completly back !....see these new bands are total pupets , i feel sorry for them, music should explore new ground not the same old 3 power chords we already learned in the 60's....the record co. is happy, but the music is not.

------------------
    IN 1984 VH JUMPED PANAMA TOPPED JIMMY AND DROPPED DEAD LEGS?..I'LL WAIT.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

We all no how fucked up things are in music right now. How the fuck does a band like N' Sync sell more than 2 million albums in its first week of release. Shit that's almost as much as Balance has sold since being released in 1995. I try not to compare those numbers or those acts with Van Halen because they're completely irrelevant. These acts are here today and gone tomorrow and won't survive the test of time like Van Halen has. A new VH/DLR CD will certainly do platinum plus business. A number like 3-4 million isn't out of the question but having a couple of strong singles on the album would certainly help its cause. The tour is going to be the major attration and I think it's going to be one of the biggest ever.

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:58 AM
    Liked 743 Times in 410 Posts

Premium Member
    Glenn - I think the new CD will easily sell 3-4 million copies. Look what GHV1 did. And it basically only had 3 new songs on it.

I think what would be better for VH is to have some type of TV hype - with the likes of Limp Bizket, Foo Fighters (who are a great band) and others along that line talk about the VH reunion & what VH meant to them earlier in their careers. The only problem with that is the "over the hill" feeling that would happen.

On Fire
    Last Online

07.09.12 @ 05:18 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I would definitely consider 3-4 million albums a great success for a rock band, especially this day and age. I think there should be an asterisk in the record books beside the names of these manufactured pop bands who are selling tens of millions of albums because to me it really doesn't count. It is not based on substance as much as it is based on calculations and demographics. It is purely a teen-pre teen girl phenomanon (spelling?) and should be disregarded as such.

Also - I believe one of the main age-groups buying this album will be mine...the 20-somethings who are psyched as hell to have the band of their youth back and kicking ass.

-Adam

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I just think that most people over 30 or so will be very willing to go see Van Halen live, but won't really care about getting a new album from them. I'll be happy to be proved wrong of course. I guess I see Van Halen becoming alot like the Stones in that they'll sell a set number of records, but do HUGE business on tour.

CoolKatz
    Yeah, tour wise it will be HUGE! Everyone who grew up listening to VH is gonna want to witness this. But will they all be just as interested in hearing the new stuff as much as the classics? They should be and I hope so, but probably not so much.
    As the teens go, I'm sure they'll pull a lot along for the VH ride. But for the majority its too much over their dumb N'sync/Bizkit heads.

------------------
    "...I'm your last loose end!"

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

balance
    Last Online

04.17.05 @ 12:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think if Van Halen toured with say Corn or Limp Bizkuit it would definately improve sales, but why would they stoop to this level. Van Halen is way out of these guys league. I could see maybe a Metalica VH tour or someone along these lines. Personally I don't want VH helping any of these new bands. Once they release some new material and it begins to take off, the copy cats will follow. VH has always been the trend setter. The music industry is waiting for a leader to take charge and provide some direction. VH will help imporve the overall quality of what is being released because the crap out there now can't compete. I think people forget what good musicianship sounds like, we just need a little VH to remind us.

------------------
    "common sense ain't common"