On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I sent out an e-mail to Bart, basicallt asking if he could tell me anything at all about DLR's new cd/dvd.

He replied saying that he played on the whole record, that he is in a lot of the dvd, and that he hopes it gets released.

It's his last statement that got me worried "I hope it get's released".

Maybe Dave wants a major to back him this time around and he's looking for deals??????

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How ironic would it be if WB let VH go to make room to sign Dave............

Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Originally posted by lovemachine97:
    I think that'd be awesome! At least Dave is fucking doing something.
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As much as I love Dave, it'd never happen. If the label didn't want VH, there's no way they'd want Dave. His track record isn't very good solo (at least for fifteen years or so). Too bad. I'd love to see it too!
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here come the judge, here come the judge!!
    The mighty DLR will be rattlin' the floorboards, rockin' tha houze down to the foundation with his full-throttle rockers and his runaway locomotive grinding grooves ALL HELL YEAH SHO NUFF!!!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Originally posted by lovemachine97:
    Maybe Dave brought in a Japanese guitarist so it would help his chances in getting a deal with SONY. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Master Joe:
    I sent out an e-mail to Bart, basicallt asking if he could tell me anything at all about DLR's new cd/dvd.

He replied saying that he played on the whole record, that he is in a lot of the dvd, and that he hopes it gets released.

It's his last statement that got me worried "I hope it get's released".

Maybe Dave wants a major to back him this time around and he's looking for deals??????
    Kool man, I knew DLR was also working on an album and a DVD!!!!

dude, could you post Bart's email here...

I was supposed top meet up with Bart and Ray(maybe even Dave) at the Philly show, but it was too late for Sarge to set it up for me(Sarge is the webmaster of Ray and Bart's websites)...

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Why the fuck can't Dave keep a damn band together? Bart is good enough to tour, good enough to record, but now he's leaving?

One of the biggest reasons Dave's career has sunk is his complete inability to keep any kind of consistent line-up.

What happened with Vai and Sheehan's comments last year about being open to the idea of working with Dave again? Dave should get that band back together, and make sure it's a band, with all members having an equal say.

Funny how people think nobody can sing a David Lee Roth lyric but David Lee Roth. But here's Dave handing EVH riffs to his 10th guitarist. Shit, 10 probably isn't too far off the mark.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Glenn:
    Why the fuck can't Dave keep a damn band together? Bart is good enough to tour, good enough to record, but now he's leaving?

One of the biggest reasons Dave's career has sunk is his complete inability to keep any kind of consistent line-up.

What happened with Vai and Sheehan's comments last year about being open to the idea of working with Dave again? Dave should get that band back together, and make sure it's a band, with all members having an equal say.

Funny how people think nobody can sing a David Lee Roth lyric but David Lee Roth. But here's Dave handing EVH riffs to his 10th guitarist. Shit, 10 probably isn't too far off the mark.
    Well personally I want Dave to keep Ray Luzier, because he is the BEST drummer I have seen play with Dave yet, hands down....

Aslo you have no idea what the logistical situation is with Vai and Sheehan as far as scheduling is concerned and Dave obviously isn't going to sit on his ass waiting for anyone...

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:

I was supposed top meet up with Bart and Ray(maybe even Dave) at the Philly show, but it was too late for Sarge to set it up for me(Sarge is the webmaster of Ray and Bart's websites)...
    Course I can bud,

"Hey thanks dude - yeah I played on the whole record and I am in a lot of the video which is pretty cool. I hope it all gets released.
    Peace.
    B."

There it is, word for word. I sent him another e-mail asking more about the record - hopefully he'll reply as fast as the last one.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Master Joe:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DLR'sCock:

Course I can bud,

"Hey thanks dude - yeah I played on the whole record and I am in a lot of the video which is pretty cool. I hope it all gets released.
    Peace.
    B."

There it is, word for word. I sent him another e-mail asking more about the record - hopefully he'll reply as fast as the last one.
    </font>[/QUOTE]thanks bro!!!!

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Isn't it interesting that even guys deeply involved in this DVD doubt its release? Dave has a history of doing projects that never get out the door.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:45 PM
    Liked 16,604 Times in 9,419 Posts

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by MikeL:
    Isn't it interesting that even guys deeply involved in this DVD doubt its release? Dave has a history of doing projects that never get out the door.
    I don't know.... the only one I can think of is the film he made during the Vegas period - it wasn't officially released but I know collectors who have it.

I don't know of any other projects unfinished...oh yeah, the CFTH move, forgot about that - the script I have seen on bootleggers lists too!!!

I think he has spent a LOT of time and a LOT of money (possibly his own) on this dvd - I think it'll definitly be released!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by MikeL:
    please give us examples of Dave's history of not releasing material...