On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My fave part of the Sam & Dave show is in the first few minutes as they where showing clips of old school VH and they showed interviews from the last 2-3 years where VH1 had spoken with other musicians and asked them about VH.. Here is what they said..

"My first impression of Van Halen was that David Lee Roth was a GOD, and that so was Eddie."
    - Dave Mustaine(Megadeth)

"Van Halen where amazing. They showed that you could be technically proficient and energetic and showy all at the same time. Along with Eddie smilin', slidin', spinnin' and flyin' and reinventing the guitar." - Dee Snider(Twisted Sister)

"Van Halen, to me, represents PURISTS in the realm of rock music." - Chuck D(Public Enemy)

"That was some of the most GENIUS hard rock. Talk about the sound, the tunes and the show, it was a 10. It was a stellar production, as David Lee would say." - Henry Rollins

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.26.07 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Of course.
    That's what most would say if we were asked what VH represented to us.

These guys were fans before being musicians.
    My first time in the spotlight was from a helicopter.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.13.15 @ 11:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Good stuff. What does VH represent to you guys? To me, it represents music--period.

~5150~
    The song ain't dirty it's really just the way we sing it...

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The last time I brought up Dave Mustaine in here I got bashed like I was Gary Cherone or something.
    Dave did say in a Metal Sludge interview that he would prefer Dave back in VH. Not that my point of view would be appreciated, but I started a topic I was interested in. You may remember the Thread..."Even Dave Mustaine wants Dave back in VH" or whatever.
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

AlexFan...Good to hear from you dude. I know you weren't fucking w/ me? C'mon man, let it roll. Who gives a shit what these fucks think. I'm no Mustaine fan, other than I think he's extremely talented, but don't let these schmucks dictate your'e candor. Rock on brother
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by aftershock5:
    AlexFan...Good to hear from you dude. I know you weren't fucking w/ me? C'mon man, let it roll. Who gives a shit what these fucks think. I'm no Mustaine fan, other than I think he's extremely talented, but don't let these schmucks dictate your'e candor. Rock on brother
    No, I was trying to discuss the issue with you that day. We all mess with people on this board, though. As far as Mustaine goes, I don't know what kind of person he is in person, but I love his music. I will be bashed forever for that, but I don't care. music is in the ear of the beholder. Party on people!!

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    "there is a little Van Halen in everyone"

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:58 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    [quote]Originally posted by AlexFan:
    As far as Mustaine goes, I don't know what kind of person he is in person, but I love his music. I will be bashed forever for that, but I don't care.
    He is a person who cares about his fans, allowing them to pick setlists online, even putting out music when he is (temporarily?) retired. Unlike other bands we know of, (no, I'm not talking about THAT band, I'm talking about DLR, come on Dave, gives us some damn music already).
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

those clips are old and rehashed, they wre nothing new. i've seen them on other shows before.

and chuck d is as much a van halen fan as all the jackasses who gave the standing ovation for van halen at the mtv awards back in 96

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by 79th and Sunset:
    "there is a little Van Halen in everyone"
    heh, i'm sure dave has made a point of that [img]tongue.gif[/img]

JMJ

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

09.14.15 @ 07:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by JMJ:
    those clips are old and rehashed, they wre nothing new. i've seen them on other shows before.

and chuck d is as much a van halen fan as all the jackasses who gave the standing ovation for van halen at the mtv awards back in 96

JMJ
    Jesus, people! We're either crying about how VH doesn't get any respect and nobody cares about them but as soon as some kind words are spoken, it's like it's some kind of fluke and it doesn't mean anything. What's going on?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by Vic Vega_0609:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JMJ:

JMJ
    Jesus, people! We're either crying about how VH doesn't get any respect and nobody cares about them but as soon as some kind words are spoken, it's like it's some kind of fluke and it doesn't mean anything. What's going on?</font>[/QUOTE]yo duder,

i'm just referring to what ed said himself. he said the reception at the mtv awards was the most contrived thing ever. he said it was a put on...that's all

JMJ

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Elwood P.:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AlexFan:
    As far as Mustaine goes, I don't know what kind of person he is in person, but I love his music. I will be bashed forever for that, but I don't care.
    He is a person who cares about his fans, allowing them to pick setlists online, even putting out music when he is (temporarily?) retired. Unlike other bands we know of, (no, I'm not talking about THAT band, I'm talking about DLR, come on Dave, gives us some damn music already).
    </font>
    It sure does seem like Mustaine is interested in what the fans want, but I am talking about how he treats others personally.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

It's nice to see the music community acknowledge the brilliance of Van Halen. Ed, Al, Mike where are you?
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"