Thread: Bad Vibes?!?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

04.12.16 @ 04:42 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts

Well, it seems that lately all I'm hearing about is how the reunion, if there ever was one, has fallen apart.

First there were Sammy's comments. I'd be surprised if Sammy doesn't still have friends in the VH camp, maybe just not the band themselves.

Then there's TK implying that there is no reunion. There's a thread about it at the Army. There's also some yo-yo over there who posted a "one-time-only" thread saying that the reunion fell apart and that WB paid-off Dave to keep quiet about it, and that right now VH is recording with another singer (who's identity wasn't revealed, of course).

Then a local DJ told me that the reunion was just a rumor and that it would never happen, and that the band was in no hurry to go into the studio.

Now HARDKNOCKZ posted here yesterday and said that Roth was out. He's supposedly going to have some news soon.

Now, I'm not saying that any of these sources are credible AT ALL, but why are all these stories suddenly coming out of the woodwork, and why are they all negative?

All I will say is that yes, it is Ed, Al, and Mike's band and they can do whatever the hell they want.

BUT, if they do infact hire a 4th singer they should seriously consider calling it something besides Van Halen. Call it the fricken EVH Project or something, because if they call it Van Halen, they will have tarnished the name beyond repair (some will argue that it's too late for that)!

Sorry for being negative, but this whole drama is getting absurd and I'm tired of it.

------------------
    "..Stare at disbelief at me when I just up and walk, OUTTA LOVE!"--DLR, Outta Love Again

"That's the thing about self-improvement. Don't get me wrong, I plan to get some soon"
    --DLR, Can't Get This Stuff No More

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think we're all growing a bit weary of it...

I for one could use some good news from the VH camp!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

06.29.12 @ 01:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't even care if it's good news anymore Combs...just any news would do.

------------------
    "Honey, arn't you gonna catch a cold dressed like that?" - Dave
    "We're not in the music business, we're in the business of making music." - Edward
    "Yeah, I saw a yard gnome once...it didn't scare me." - Space Ghost

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think it's just a combination of what's "en vouge" at the time and the fact the "there's a reunion, but they're just keeping it quiet" has gotten old.

Most people want to drum up attention and get people to listen/watch/visit. You need breaking news to do something like that. "No news is good news," much as we may have been force-fed it since November, is not going to pack in the crowds.

So, as a drastic step, you start saying Dave's out. You say if he was still in, they would have told the people by now since there's no use in keeping it silent. And you wait until one person here sees it, and bang, suddenly everyone goes to the site to read and exposure goes way up. It's the flavor of the month, and I doubt this is just something Sammy dreamt up to get sales for Ten13.

And you know, I give the people who do this a lot of credit. They get the hits, and if they should be proven wrong, they just blame their "sources" for feeding them bad information. If they get it right, then they can claim you heard it there first.

It's excellent media mind games.

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't fret. Dave could still catch on with the Atomic Punks. Maybe they could open for VH IV! Or Kyle Workman! Have you heard his new album, Tabula Rasa? You pathetic suckers.

Eruption
    Last Online

11.07.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i wouldn't talk waiting-if vh hires a new singer, the only income ed will be makin is as a guitar salesman

------------------
    when eddie van halen was 12 he spent long hours practicing fast finger movements, when he was 14 his parents bought him a guitar.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'm listening to some live bootleg Van Halen right now, and I'm getting some great vibes.

You know, I've only got a finite amount of time here on this great big spinning planet. I'm going to spend a ton of that time listening to Van Halen, but I'm not going to spend any time worrying about Van Halen.

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

See, Glenn has the right attitude. No need to worry folks. We have never know Dave to be this quiet, it's not his nature. If he wasn't in, he'd be all over the place saying he's not. But he isn't so that leads me to one conclusion.

------------------
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    VHLinks.com Graphics Dude
    "I'm just a punk kid who plays guitar" =EVH=

Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Of course, VAN HALEN themselves COULD clear all this up if they wanted to. But obviously they don't care to.

------------------
    E.B.A.S.

RUNNIN' WITH THE DEVIL - HOUSE OF PAIN: The greatest ride in Rock & Roll history ...
    GOOD ENOUGH - HOW MANY SAY I: Not a bad trip either ...

"Someone asked me the other day what I thought I had learned about making music after all these years, and I said, 'Nothing'." -EVH

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 11,603 Times in 4,947 Posts

Dave is definitely not one to string the fans along. If it wasn't happening, we'd know. Hang in there guys.

------------------
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It's going to happen. Hell, it's probably happening now, and we just don't know it. Relax, and get ready!

Loons
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    I'm listening to some live bootleg Van Halen right now, and I'm getting some great vibes.

You know, I've only got a finite amount of time here on this great big spinning planet. I'm going to spend a ton of that time listening to Van Halen, but I'm not going to spend any time worrying about Van Halen. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right now,we should all follow Yoda's example!
    (I mean have a good 'tude and listen to some bootlegs)

I wonder if mattel or whoever ever made a red,white,and black striped yoda figure...

------------------
    Check out these a here blues: www.fatpossum.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    The 'thing' on the rumor market lately is 'no reunion' rumors. a few months ago it was album track listings. just let the waves wash over ya man. And dont get sand in ya jockstrap

------------------
    A little zen... Headed your way...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Halen camp must be close to rejoining the living because all the new "Dave is out" rumors have the familiar stentch of Brad Starks all over it.
    They're trying to throw us off the scent of DLR at 5150.imo

------------------

Howard Stern News Desk

"No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities." -Christian Nestell Bovee, American author (1820-1904).