Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This board is a personal favorite of mine. Although I don't post often, I enjoy reading what everyone has to say. Finally, because of the above reasons and more, this is the last board where I'd wanna create any kind of animosity between myself and my fellow fans [img]smile.gif[/img] ...But I can't sit still any more.

Some of the stuff that I have read over the past several months is wacked.

It's one thing to wish Eddie Van Halen well, it's only natural for a fan to want to know something about your favorite artists' life, and, within the context of the band or the music, it's perfectly okay to tell the band that they've fucked up.

But there should be a level of respect owed to the artist and their privacy.

Eddie and Valerie might be getting a divorce? It's one thing to wish them well, but some people get way too deep; offering advice or commentary as though they are personally related to the Van Halen's.

Same thing with Ed's health. It's one thing to wish him well, but some of the stuff that I have seen - being reprimanded like a child, "Ed is a fuckin moron for smoking. Ed you are a dum fuck".

And, over the months, I have seen stuff like "I know what kind of cologne he wears"...

C'mon people!

Can you only imagine if you were the artist, and you logged onto the internet, to see your name up on a forum, with a small group of people discussing the type of underwear you are using?

Do you realize how intrusive all of this is?

I really don't know how Ed handled all of this over the years...If all of this shit was put on your head, how would you react?

While the band has acted in a totally fucked up fashion for the past three years (so much so that I doubt that I'll buy their next album, sans if it's with DLR), I don't know if I'd be so quick to embrace everyone either.

All I am saying is put yourself in another man's shoes, and cool out.

[ July 05, 2002, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Me Wise Magic ]
    "The day will come when it will sound better, but it will still be digital. To me, it just isn't musical. And when it comes to music, I'm the Unabomber of digital technology. I hate it." -Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would close down the Pleasure Dome and copyright everything I could. I would also fake out my fans with reunions with DLR that never materialize. I would make sure that I did interviews with golf magazines. I would then proceed to let relationships with past singers who could save my career deteriorate and blame it on the lawyers. I would go on MTV with a former bandmate and let everyone give me a standing ovation. I would get pissed when Roth doesn't agree that I should take up interview time with news on when my new hip is being put in. I would become an instant recluse, while using phrases like, "Roth has my number." and "...in God's time." I would sit and do nothing while my bass player went out and jammed with Sammy Hagar because HE WAS BORED TO DEATH. I would sit on all kinds of concert video footage and not release it. I would call every singer since Roth a brother and a soulmate and then dissolve the relationships later.

I know, it sounds familiar, but that is just what I, ALEXFAN, would do.

Any similarity between what I would do and what Eddie Van Halen has done are purely coincidental. All rights resevered. Copyright 2002
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

03.02.12 @ 08:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's amazing how fans feel about their musical gods. Especially with VH, which is a band that had a unique mystic, especially with Roth. Roth era symbolized the new guard of rock, and I think some really think things will be exactly the same as 1984 if Roth rejoins. That remains to be seen.

But the relationship between a fan and a musician is special because we are grateful and appreciative for the music we have been given. And over the years, we begin to see that Eddie did best with this singer, or under this producer. We want nothing but the best for our rock gods. But what exactly is the best for them is subjective, hence all the arguing going on sometimes.

I hope the best for all members of VH, whatever that may be. It may not be what everyone else wants, but they can't please everyone.
    Only adventures that I regret are the ones I missed - DLR

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

05.24.08 @ 02:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey look,
    Time rolls on.As we get older and life becomes more complicated we naturally want to digress to a time when everything in our lives was hunky dory like for me, [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] van halen circa '81 thru '86.

Butcha can't live in the past and you can't control the way people act and react to their own situation wheather they be nobodys or somebodys.

Eddie be my hero.

In fact Van halen circa Dave era be my absolut legends in my opinion.

BUT!!!

It aint' muthafuckin '83 anymore,..it aint even '93 so you know chin up, move forward ,celebrate the legacy and thank god you were born in a certain era that allows you the luxury of knowing who Van Halen were and are!!!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Al least they are all alive. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Can't say that for many bands out there. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

So as long as they are all alive, then anything is possible. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Uhhhhh.... what was the question again?

I don't really know shit about the lives of Ed, Al, Mike, Dave or Sam, Gary, Dweezil, Sherman, Val, Wolfie, The Dahm Triplets, or Dave's token midget.

So I can't judge. I agree in part with Alexfan's post, in that all those events don't show Ed in a positive light. But see, I don't know shit about him or the actual details of any of those things, so I can't judge.

This board (especially the VH section) has been on the decline lately, right along with VH's public image. When and if something happens in the future, if the board is still around, it will be different.

[ July 06, 2002, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Burning Tires ]
    Staying Frosty

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Burning Tires:
    Uhhhhh.... what was the question again?

I don't really know shit about the lives of Ed, Al, Mike, Dave or Sam, Gary, Dweezil, Sherman, Val, Wolfie, The Dahm Triplets, or Dave's token midget.

So I can't judge. I agree in part with Alexfan's post, in that all those events don't show Ed in a positive light. But see, I don't know shit about him or the actual details of any of those things, so I can't judge.

This board (especially the VH section) has been on the decline lately, right along with VH's public image. When and if something happens in the future, if the board is still around, it will be different.
    Dude, what can I do to make you agree with my whole post??? LOL!!! I don't have any specific proof, but my oh my, the circumstantial evidence against VH is compelling. By the way BT, this whole forum is copyrighted 2002 by me. Please do not copy in whole or in part anything in this forum. Thanks!!
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

It's been a downward spiral for the band and a shitload of people are pissed and use forums like this to vent their frustration. I'm a frustrated fan but know I really can't do anything to change things within camp Van Halen. It's all in Ed's hands and when he's ready to do something I'll be there to listen to it.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VanHalen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If I Bitch about the wife......I get No SEX!!! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

If I Bitch about Work I could Get fired..... [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

So I Bitch about VanHalen........ [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

SO DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell else am I to do????????? [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

PLus I heard from a really good sorce that Eddie has hired one of Dave's former Midget's to be the next singer......

VanHalen:
    Edward VanHalen
    Alex VanHalen
    Michael Anthony
    Billy Bartie jr.

coming soon to a Circus near You!!!
    Vegetarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter.<br />Opinions are like Assholes everybody has one

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Leprikawn7:
    If I Bitch about the wife......I get No SEX!!! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

If I Bitch about Work I could Get fired..... [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

So I Bitch about VanHalen........ [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

And get no new VH music!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Not Enough
    Last Online

10.29.11 @ 12:39 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey peaople lsiten to me because this is what I predict for the future. I predict that when everyone of us will absolulty go nuts and go out and by the next van halen cd, dvd and get tickets to the next concert. When I say eveyrone I mean everyone. I don't care if you are one of those people that said thats it i'm fed up, no more van halen or I would blink and eye if they make a move. WRONG, because I guarantee if they make a major move its back to ' I'm a Van Halen fan for ever'. I am one who will never loose fatith and those of you who say they have, have not really, because if van halen say jump we will always say how high. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    "What is understood need not be discussed, and i'm a bad ass mother".

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption,HFT,Mean Street,Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

You have to take the good with the bad when you are in the public spotlight. I'm sure VH is so desensitized to any form of negative publicity that any crybaby ramblings from a disgruntled message board member that has no idea what the "truth" really is doesn't mean shit to them.

The online fan base may represent a good cross-section of the overall fan attitude in theory only. There are 1000's of VH forums and Pleasure Dome posters but worldwide there are millions of VH fans, most of whom probably don't even own a computer. They get there info like the good ol days before the internet... mags, newspapers, radio, etc. We didn't really sweat it back then but now we feel we have to be informed in detail about everything VH be... it personal, family, financial or music. We may own Van Halen records but we don't own Van Halen. Van Halen has always been about the fans imho, and I can't really see them turning their backs and leaving us hanging. I'm sure whatever path they decide to take ie: new singer, no singer, no album, new album, many singers, retirement etc. Not everyone will be happy but Ed and the boys will take the good with the bad and carry on with their human AND Godlike lives.
    It's only rock and roll.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When I kicked this topic off, I wasn't talking about the attitudes (and comments) exhibited on this thread...

Originally posted by Edeble Ed:
    It's amazing how fans feel about their musical gods. Especially with VH, which is a band that had a unique mystic, especially with Roth. Roth era symbolized the new guard of rock, and I think some really think things will be exactly the same as 1984 if Roth rejoins. That remains to be seen.

But the relationship between a fan and a musician is special because we are grateful and appreciative for the music we have been given. And over the years, we begin to see that Eddie did best with this singer, or under this producer. We want nothing but the best for our rock gods. But what exactly is the best for them is subjective, hence all the arguing going on sometimes.

I hope the best for all members of VH, whatever that may be. It may not be what everyone else wants, but they can't please everyone.
    Believe me, I understand ...And it isn't attitudes or comments like yours that I am talking about [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Originally posted by thinlineokc:
    You have to take the good with the bad when you are in the public spotlight. I'm sure VH is so desensitized to any form of negative publicity that any crybaby ramblings from a disgruntled message board member that has no idea what the "truth" really is doesn't mean shit to them.

The online fan base may represent a good cross-section of the overall fan attitude in theory only. There are 1000's of VH forums and Pleasure Dome posters but worldwide there are millions of VH fans, most of whom probably don't even own a computer. They get there info like the good ol days before the internet... mags, newspapers, radio, etc. We didn't really sweat it back then but now we feel we have to be informed in detail about everything VH be... it personal, family, financial or music. We may own Van Halen records but we don't own Van Halen. Van Halen has always been about the fans imho, and I can't really see them turning their backs and leaving us hanging. I'm sure whatever path they decide to take ie: new singer, no singer, no album, new album, many singers, retirement etc. Not everyone will be happy but Ed and the boys will take the good with the bad and carry on with their human AND Godlike lives.
    It's only rock and roll.
    I never thought of that...You made several excellent points !

[ July 09, 2002, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Me Wise Magic ]
    "The day will come when it will sound better, but it will still be digital. To me, it just isn't musical. And when it comes to music, I'm the Unabomber of digital technology. I hate it." -Eddie Van Halen

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pabs read my mind:

Originally posted by Pabs:
    New music is all I'm concerned with. That's why I'm on this site. I can care less about Ed's personal life and maritual situations. If I was, I think then I'd need to take a break from the computer. Ed isn't concerned with my 9-5 work day, when I'm sick, or when I take a dump.

All I care about is the music, and that's all you should care about too.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would close down the Pleasure Dome and copyright everything I could. I would also fake out my fans with reunions with DLR that never materialize. I would make sure that I did interviews with golf magazines. I would then proceed to let relationships with past singers who could save my career deteriorate and blame it on the lawyers. I would go on MTV with a former bandmate and let everyone give me a standing ovation. I would get pissed when Roth doesn't agree that I should take up interview time with news on when my new hip is being put in. I would become an instant recluse, while using phrases like, "Roth has my number." and "...in God's time." I would sit and do nothing while my bass player went out and jammed with Sammy Hagar because HE WAS BORED TO DEATH. I would sit on all kinds of concert video footage and not release it. I would call every singer since Roth a brother and a soulmate and then dissolve the relationships later.

I know, it sounds familiar, but that is just what I, ALEXFAN, would do.

Any similarity between what I would do and what Eddie Van Halen has done are purely coincidental. All rights resevered. Copyright 2002
    This has to be the best post I've ever read! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Fast Eddie