Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I could not believe he was playing the Thomas and Mack. That place seats about 18 - 19,000 for basketball. I'm assuming they dropped about 18 curtains down to hide seats. I'd be interested to know how many people showed up.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Wasn't Sammy supposed to announce something about putting a Cabo club in Vegas while he was there?

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I didn't go, but it was a FREE show. He was supposed to announce a Cabo Wabo in Vegas but I haven't heard anything official about it.

Here's the news from www.melodirock.com

Sammy Hagar played a free show to 18,000 folks in Las Vegas this weekend just past. On stage he announced plans to open a new, or second, Cabo Wabo Cantina at the Sunset Station in Las Vegas. He said it would be open by this time next year. He said he also plans on doing a free show every year in Las Vegas from here on out.

------------------
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rxman:
    On stage he announced plans to open a new, or second, Cabo Wabo Cantina at the Sunset Station in Las Vegas. He said it would be open by this time next year. He said he also plans on doing a free show every year in Las Vegas from here on out.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe Dave cut him a deal on some of his old props?

------------------
    "Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"fuckfuckfuckfuck...peace.out." -- Madden

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got to go to the concert. I was up there for Super Bowl weekend. Vegas is the greatest place to be IF YOU ARE NOT at the football game. The concert was good. Nothing out of this world. How can you "replace the greatest American rock band" and not suffer some drop off? Had a good time, but I had a better time on the "Crap" table. Sammy's opening a Cabo Wabo in Vegas. Part of the Sante Fe Station Company. Couldn't ask for better promotion by having a "Free" concert to promote the new deal. I for one am looking forward to the "original" Van Halen!Actually, the place was packed!

[This message has been edited by VHFAN4EVER (edited January 30, 2001 at 12:51 AM).]

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

here's the skinny: the rock station here celebrated its 20th anniversary with a free concert featuring sammy; they gave away every single ticket in the joint (about 17,000) and surprisingly, everyone showed up (a friend of mine once said "people love free shit, no matter WHAT it is" and never was this proven more true than friday night at the thomas & mack center).

anyway, sammy put on his usual (in my opinion) awesome show, although once again, his setlist varied very little (while i did get to hear him play "i'll fall in love again" and "your live is driving me crazy" for the first time, he yet again played the same three VH tunes: WCTBL, Top of the World and FWYS, in addition to his weird cabo wabo a cappela version to close the show. i've now seen sammy four times since nov. 1999, and he's played the same three VH songs, with the cabo wabo number thrown in at the last two. i love sammy and puts on such a fun show, but this fucking sucks; teach vic and the band how to play some other VH tunes; it's ridiculous!)

anyway, yes, he did announce plans to open a second cabo wabo at sunset station, which is located in a city called henderson, just south of vegas. i'll be real surprised if this gets off the ground, but sammy was VERY insistent that this thing will happen, and it became quite obvious that one of the reasons he did the free show (well, free for the fans; we all know he got his money) was to promote this new venture.

i'm going to grab a link to a newspaper article explaining the new cabo wabo and post it here in a minute.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts