Register
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

In Simple Ryhme & Take Me Back
    Last Online

10.20.17 @ 02:27 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

Have not posted since I can't remember when. But, I was wondering what you guys thought. When Gary left in 99, and they said they were working on the next album, were they really doing that and got sidetracked, or did they just put out the politically correct statement.

I would like to think that they (Van Halen) knew what their next move was going to be and that other shit just sidetracked it. Today, I'm not sure. I understand Cancer stopping everything in its tracks and doing a major railroad stopage on any future plans, but I have heard so many times that Eddie has got it under control.

Is is Legal issues? Seems like Ray Daniels is out of the picture. Is it Label Pressure? Nope they have split with WB. Is it the fans? Hell no, we are still here.

Not a day goes by that I don't hope that I will learn what the hell is going on with VH. It bothers the piss out of me to see U2 win awards while VH is just a memory to people who it is not their favorite band.

My wife jokes with me often saying Van Who?? She desparetly wants news, for nothing other than for me to stop telling her rumors that I see or hear that she will say to me yeah right.

Looking for your feedback.

Later,
    PAL

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I see your point, but the U2 bash was completely unneccessary. It's good to see any BAND that plays instruments and writes their own songs actually win awards these days in an industry still dominated by boyband bullshit and sell out pussies like Aeroshit who don't even write songs anymore.

Not to mention U2 has managed to be the same 4 guys for 24 years which is more than I can say for some bands no matter how great they once were. Furthermore, they deserved every award they were nominated for. They're one of the few truly great bands left.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

In Simple Ryhme & Take Me Back
    Last Online

10.20.17 @ 02:27 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

FORD -- you know it is interesting to me that you replied back using Aerosmith as an alternative that I could have used in my post. They were actually the first choice when I was writing the post, however, I chose to say U2 because of the Grammy's. I was never a U2 fan in the 80's, so I never thought very much of them. I do see your point about them being together and writing for so many years. My apologies to those of you who like U2.

I won't apologize for Aerosmith - they suck today!!

Later,
    PAL
    Later.

Pal

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Seems the plan was to release another one with Cherone. But after the failure of the Cherone release, a pour tour, and a general lack of chemistry with Gary, the band got lost on what to do and here we wait..... [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Didnt they take some of the songs to Warner Bros., and Warner did not like them ? I guess we will never know for sure on that one.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Originally posted by PAL:
    FORD -- you know it is interesting to me that you replied back using Aerosmith as an alternative that I could have used in my post. They were actually the first choice when I was writing the post, however, I chose to say U2 because of the Grammy's. I was never a U2 fan in the 80's, so I never thought very much of them. I do see your point about them being together and writing for so many years. My apologies to those of you who like U2.

I won't apologize for Aerosmith - they suck today!!

Later,
    PAL
    Don't apologize for that U2 remark. I totally agree with you! I wanted to throw up when I saw them winning awards! I hate all of the songs on their new album. I would have rather seen someone like Creed win.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I didn't see it as a "bash" on U2 at all. I took it as U2, being around as long as Van Halen, and still getting it done. If those old farts can do it, then why can't VH?

That was my conception.
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

here's the deal....

gary felt the pressure and even told ed to get dave back...gary leaves.

the band decides to get back with roth. they do 3 songs and then ed has cancer treatments, to what extent, we do not know for certain. at this point, and this point only, all informtaion on van halen ceases to exist to us the fans.

occasionally we see pics on the web of ed, who does not look good at all, understandably so, but still not looking good

dave proceeds to do his own deal and still no word from the vh camp. mike is off with sammy. vh in the meantimme has fired it's lawyer, left wb, and has not communicated with the fans. dave thusfar has been quiet.

the way it looks, yeah, they were gonna jam with dave again. but since the cancer scare, there's been nada from the band.

i'll say again and i could be wrong, ed's health is still a major factor. if ed was truly healthy, why wouldn't they be working with roth now if they were working with him before?? think about it.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

lemme add this as well. gary leaves in november, dave is there in july. for two guys who constantly talked shit about each other since 85, that's gettin abck pretty damn quick. i think vh wanted dave back all along after the III tour was over and i think that was even talked about but we'll never know that for certain. just my opinion of course.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hmmmm! I wonder what assumptions claims suggesting that older rock musicians lack appeal? (Perhaps maybe "sex appeal" since that is a tantalizing element of the music). It seems, however, with regards to the qaulity of music, those having been around for while have experienced a great deal of musical elements and can incorporate those elements into present efforts into creating music. Van Halen has expressed this ability over the years, and so has U2! I think the idea that trendy "young rock musicians" are the only viable, attractive and marketable mainstream music source of the day, may imply that those who purchase such are very narrow minded! This would be truly ironic! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How much do 'Train' suck?!

Grammies my ass...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Thank God there's a 'U2' out there!

and I agree that Eddie's health has been the entire holdup.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I do think that Van Halen's next move after Gary left was to get back with Dave. Ed's battle with caner definaltely put the brakes on that and we've been in a holding pattern ever since. I don't know how everything else falls into place ie-splitting with Warner, Mikey doing his thing with Sammy, Scotty Ross leaving. Maybe they gave Dave another shot but the same old BS came to the surface and put a halt to it before Ed's cancer, who fuckn knows? All we can do is continue to speculate and hope that at some point will get something new from the band. I ain't giving up.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    I see your point, but the U2 bash was completely unneccessary. It's good to see any BAND that plays instruments and writes their own songs actually win awards these days in an industry still dominated by boyband bullshit and sell out pussies like Aeroshit who don't even write songs anymore.

Not to mention U2 has managed to be the same 4 guys for 24 years which is more than I can say for some bands no matter how great they once were. Furthermore, they deserved every award they were nominated for. They're one of the few truly great bands left.
    Totally agree with you 100%.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.