Register
    Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Can\'t pick just one.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

-This is something I have been wanting to write for over a year now and just could not bring myself to it for very personal reasons.But here it goes.
    -I am now 30 and when I was growing up my parents and every other adult would tell me how bad heavy music was for me.Of course I was always listening to Van Halen when I was told this.But the one person who never said anything bad about my music was my Grandmother.
    -She knew I liked Van Halen more then anyone and would tell me I could play them around her anytime.She knew the whole history of the band from Dave to Sammy to Gary thanks to me.She was always interested in what the band was doing.She actually got to like some of their music enough to ask me to play it for her sometimes.I always looked at her as Van Halen's oldest fan I guess.
    -Well to get to the point of my post.A year and a half ago my Grandma died of cancer.She passed at christmas time 2000.Not a very good christmas.She found out about her cancer 3 months before she died.I made sure I used that time the best I could to keep memories of my Grandma alive.At her viewing I qouted the last few lines from Dreams,"And in the end on dreams we will depend.Cause that's what love is made of." Mostly because she really like that song and it seemed to fit that moment in time.
    -Before my Grandma died she told me that she hoped that Van Halen could get things together becasue she knew I really liked that band and how bummed I had been with everything they were going though.
    -There is a good chance of me getting cancer too because my Grandfather died from in 30 years ago so you can imagine how scared I am.I too have a kid that I have to worry about if something does happen to me just like Eddie.
    -If Eddie is sick and taking time to be with his family.God bless him.I just wish for the sake of those of us who do care enough about the music to have it in our lives and be part of our everyday living that Eddie would just come out and say what is on his mind.What ever it may be.
    -It may sound stupid to alot of you,but I know if Eddie just came out and said,"Hey,I'm just fine don't worry about me.Just take care of yourselves.VH will or will not be doing another CD.I don't know at this time,but thanks for your support" it would make alot of people happy.And if it didn't oh well I guess.
    Are we going to have to wait for Wolfie to start his own band before we get another Van Halen CD?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Your Grandma sounds like she was really cool. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II or Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Cathedral, Humans Being
    Last Online

03.02.10 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing your story. Many people don't get a chance to get to know their grandmas let alone have such a common ground.
    Mr. Horseradish courtesy of the International Horseradish Council and Brett.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i know how you feel, cancer sucks my grandma(mothers side) and grandpa (fathers side)both died of cancer, now my uncle has cancer and we do not know how much time he has with us so i'm kinda of scared also. your grandma sounds like she was a very nice person.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

vh1 , fw , 1984 & fuck
    Favorite VH Song

girl gone bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm sure that if edward van halen had actually read that heartwarming tribute , he would do the same thing as any other decent hearted person...

and buy another packet of fags..!

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by edwardocatflappo:
    i'm sure that if edward van halen had actually read that heartwarming tribute , he would do the same thing as any other decent hearted person...

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Go the fuck away you little chigger! And take your fags with you.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by edwardocatflappo:

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Why'd did you feel the need to post that shit?

asshole [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by freeswilly:
    -This is something I have been wanting to write for over a year now and just could not bring myself to it for very personal reasons.But here it goes.
    -I am now 30 and when I was growing up my parents and every other adult would tell me how bad heavy music was for me.Of course I was always listening to Van Halen when I was told this.But the one person who never said anything bad about my music was my Grandmother.
    -She knew I liked Van Halen more then anyone and would tell me I could play them around her anytime.She knew the whole history of the band from Dave to Sammy to Gary thanks to me.She was always interested in what the band was doing.She actually got to like some of their music enough to ask me to play it for her sometimes.I always looked at her as Van Halen's oldest fan I guess.
    -Well to get to the point of my post.A year and a half ago my Grandma died of cancer.She passed at christmas time 2000.Not a very good christmas.She found out about her cancer 3 months before she died.I made sure I used that time the best I could to keep memories of my Grandma alive.At her viewing I qouted the last few lines from Dreams,"And in the end on dreams we will depend.Cause that's what love is made of." Mostly because she really like that song and it seemed to fit that moment in time.
    -Before my Grandma died she told me that she hoped that Van Halen could get things together becasue she knew I really liked that band and how bummed I had been with everything they were going though.
    -There is a good chance of me getting cancer too because my Grandfather died from in 30 years ago so you can imagine how scared I am.I too have a kid that I have to worry about if something does happen to me just like Eddie.
    -If Eddie is sick and taking time to be with his family.God bless him.I just wish for the sake of those of us who do care enough about the music to have it in our lives and be part of our everyday living that Eddie would just come out and say what is on his mind.What ever it may be.
    -It may sound stupid to alot of you,but I know if Eddie just came out and said,"Hey,I'm just fine don't worry about me.Just take care of yourselves.VH will or will not be doing another CD.I don't know at this time,but thanks for your support" it would make alot of people happy.And if it didn't oh well I guess.
    Great post [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br /><br />God Bless the USA!!!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~