Register
    Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Say what you want about Sammy's new CD. Yes the sales are never going to reach that of "5150", "OU812", or any other Sammy era VH material. However, there are two things to consider: the first thing is that the distribution seems to be a real big problem. The Cd was released on October 8. When I ventured to my local Virgin Records to pick it up they told me that it would take a week for the CD to arrive in their store. Interesting that a new release isn't available on its initial day of release, don't you think?

The next thing is this, there has not been a tremendous ammount of promotion for the CD. I haven't seen one print ad, or any radio advertisments for the CD, so it should come as no suprise that sales are way down. Only die hard Vh fans and Sammy fans know that it is out there.

Anyhow regardless of the current number of sales "Not 4 Sale" has I know this...

THE CD ROCKS HARD!!! IT KICKS THE CRAP OUT DLR'S LAST PATHETIC EFFORT (Yes I do not like The DLR Band CD, or as I like to call it, Diet VH!).

Just listen to the opening track, "Stand Up" (No it is not a remake of Dave's song) and you'll see what I mean. Sam is in fine voice, and the music is the heaviest yet from all of the offerings we've had from the Waboritas. Way to go Sam!!!!

Also for those of you who are really only pro-Roth (and I'm not anti-DLR it's just that I feel he has lost it, and he's living in the past and he needs to grow up already and try to grow as an artist and a human being.) if you saw DLR's appearance on the Howard Stern Show recently then you'll know the next obvious carreer move for Dave...drum roll please...since Dlr is into wearing thong underwear, then he needs to remake Sisqo's "Thong Song" (It's just a joke, calm down.)
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Say What You Will

[ October 23, 2002, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: dirtymovies ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not familar with Roth's solo efforts after Eat em' and smile....so no comment there.

However, I am one of the lucky ones to actually find Sam's latest, and agree that it Rocks!! I'll even go as far as saying its his best post VH era. I just think its really lame that not too many people are going to hear it.

I'm beginning to think that maybe Sam should just stop making CD's completely....He recently said that he has no plans to make another one any way. He already has enough great tunes out there, and he's got a loyal enough fan base to just go out on the road and have fun whenever he feels like. And if he decides to write some new tunes, just release them via his website. Screw all this trying to sell a bunch of CD's and today's MTV dominated sales market.
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I actually think this is Sammy's weakest post VH effort. Mars, Voodoo and 1013 are all superior to N4S in my opinion. The album sounds like he had a bunch of leftovers laying around and decided to put an album together. Believe me, I'll take it, he's the only one out of VH putting something out.

As for DLR Band, I thought it was actually Dave's best since EAS. Some really good songs on there, some throwaways, but most albums have them. Out of 14 tracks, I probably skip 5, not too bad.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.05.09 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love Sam's new CD. It just has that laid back feeling to it. Something worth listening to.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am almost with you...I think this is Sam's weakest effor tpost VH although I do like the album, just not as much as his last couple solo...thought Ten13 was real cool.

I dont dig the DLR Band though. Liked Dave this summer when I saw him but I dont like the DLR stuff where it looked like he was trying too hard to prove he could still do it or come close to where he was 15 years ago.

Favorite VH Album

1984, Balance, Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mike on SGMAD, Baluchetherium
    Last Online

02.12.07 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Dave's Dradle:
    [QB]The album sounds like he had a bunch of leftovers laying around and decided to put an album together. QB]
    I believe that's what the album was made of, . . . leftover tracks.
    [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    How to make a “Mad Anthony”

2 oz Cabo WaboŽ Tequila
    1 oz Spicy V8
    Juice from a fresh Lime
    A generous dollop of Mad Anthony’s Hot Sauce
    Combine in a shaker full of ice and shake it up
    Pour into shot glass garnished with
    a dab of salt
    a small slice of lime
    a slice of Serrano or Jalapeno chili pepper

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    If you like it great, awesome !! Its great that Sammy can still make great music for his fans !! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

02.06.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Not4Sale is a great disc that deserves to be heard. Distribution, lack of a video,last minute change in release date (from 10/1 to 10/8)all were problematic, but the thing that hurt first week sales the most in my opinion was that it wasn't on sale anywhere. When I buy the sunday paper, I go to the Best Buy or Circuit City ad first thing to see what's coming out tuesday and the sale price.
    The song ain't dirty
    It's really just the way we sing it

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:25 AM
    Liked 180 Times in 91 Posts

I love this cd too. I almost wish he would have saved these songs (like make it alright) for a possible Van Hagar cd in the future (I'm not holding my breath).

Thumbs up all the way on this cd!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It's decent. The Big Nail and The Big Square Inch are throwaway tracks for sure. Whole Lotta Zep is okay if you don't mind covers of Zepplin songs.

I think it would have been better if Sammy had taken another couple of months to flesh the songs out better and come up with a better distribution/marketing plan.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 07:36 AM
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

What really hurt his sales was that nobody gives a shit about him solo. He goes back to the B team where he came from. Hey, Roth and Cherone are all playing on that team as well. Times are changing my VH friends, this is 2002/2003 they ain't the shit no mo.