Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: B O Y C O T T!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can someone piece this stuff together for me?

-The Inside Magazine. Anyone remember the last issue featuring Gary Cherone? The issue briefed us on the follow up album to VH III, and 'The Inside' promised us that we'd see a beefy preview of the follow up album in the next issue.

When I didn't get the follow up issue, I called 'The Inside' to see what was up. They told me that the issue already went to print, and that I'd be receiving it in two weeks.

One week after our conversation, Cherone is fired; that issue of 'The Inside' never made it to anyone's door, and the issue after that explained that "The Inside is no longer an official Van Halen publication".

-Time elapses, and the pressure mounts on Van Halen. In an interview, Mike explains that they're recording with Roth, but that "when we comeback, we gotta make it big, cause Warner Bros sees a resurgence of rock music popularity, and they're counting on us to pave the way for the comeback of other bands".

-Fans are really starting to get pissed, and everyone wonders why Van Halen has remained silent. All of a sudden, Ed has cancer. When first asked about it, Cherone said that "the press is making it seem alot worse than it is".
    Asked a year later, Cherone said that "it was much worse than the press made it seem".

Here's what really pissed me off:

9/11, and I was loyal up until that time. A good many Van Halen fans died that day (I knew two of them), and Van Halen couldn't even post a couple of words on their website!? That's when I realized that it's all about the money.

When the next album does come out, I ain't buying it.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow! Such anger and hatred. What did Santa piss in your stocking this Christmas???

I understand your frustration with many things regarding Van Halen, but jeez....Why even bother posting in a Van Halen Fan Web Forum, if you're gonna vent about how much you hate them for what they've been doing (or not doing) lately.

"Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Well, thats your preference, cool. Me? I'll be driving down the road listening to killer VH tunes that your NOT listening too. [img]smile.gif[/img] So you can take your stand while the rest of us rock [img]smile.gif[/img] ...We will make sure to honk and turn it up when we pass you on the side of the road.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wouldn't be so angry at the guy. It is a Van Halen forum and he obviously loved the band, and if he wants to post something angry about the band, this is still the place to do it. I can't say I'll disown the band...but I'll show little interest by this point unless it's Roth.

They're not like friends ignoring me. They're a band that makes music I listen to. That's it.

I understand your frustration, man, but there's no logic in saying that if you love their music, you won't buy their CD. It's not a favor to them to keep hanging on...you pay the $15.98 so that you can listen to their latest album. Think it over. They still could be a great band.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, I think the band should kind of consider their fans friends, cause if it weren't for the fans, they'd be no big money, big houses, and fancy cars. I think bands to a degree, owe some amount of respect to their fans. I've been a hardcore VH fan since 1980. I've bought every album/cd the day it came out and saw them live every time they came within a reasonable distance.
    I feel at this point in time that the band are being disrespectful to their longtime fans. What would it hurt to put up a mini statement on the official site regarding the status of the band?
    It's not a difficult thing to do. Basically the band is shutting out the fans and alienating the very people who support their lifestyles. I'll buy the next cd(if there is one) and I'll go see them live as long as they don't expect $100 a ticket on some bogus farwell tour, but I won't buy into the 'thanks to the fans' shit scribbled at the bottom of the liner notes on the next cd.(should there ever be one) I like the music, but I can't say I like the band members or the organization very much.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

07.10.16 @ 08:46 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rikk:
    I wouldn't be so angry at the guy. It is a Van Halen forum and he obviously loved the band, and if he wants to post something angry about the band, this is still the place to do it. I can't say I'll disown the band...but I'll show little interest by this point unless it's Roth.

They're not like friends ignoring me. They're a band that makes music I listen to. That's it.

I understand your frustration, man, but there's no logic in saying that if you love their music, you won't buy their CD. It's not a favor to them to keep hanging on...you pay the $15.98 so that you can listen to their latest album. Think it over. They still could be a great band.
    <hr></blockquote>

I agree 100%.... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Andrew -"People within the industry often have colorful descriptions when talking about Dave".
    Sammy- "He's wacky man…he's as wacky as a motherfucker…but at least you know what you get". Melodicrock interview with Sammy 08/2006

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mikep:
    In an interview, Mike explains that they're recording with Roth, but that "when we comeback, we gotta make it big, cause Warner Bros sees a resurgence of rock music popularity, and they're counting on us to pave the way for the comeback of other bands".

Asked a year later, Cherone said that "it was much worse than the press made it seem".
    <hr></blockquote>When were these two statements made???

I think VH have handled things poorly. If they don't want to make official statements in regards to the band, fine. But it would be very easy to cultivate fan loyalty by putting up brief messages on occasions such as Christmas. I don't really have any strong feelings about VH remaining silent in the wake of September 11th.

But nothing is going to stop me from getting any new VH album on the day it's released. I don't want to download it or tape it off the radio. I want it in my collection.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

07.10.16 @ 08:46 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Glenn:
    When were these two statements made???

I think VH have handled things poorly. If they don't want to make official statements in regards to the band, fine. But it would be very easy to cultivate fan loyalty by putting up brief messages on occasions such as Christmas. I don't really have any strong feelings about VH remaining silent in the wake of September 11th.

But nothing is going to stop me from getting any new VH album on the day it's released. I don't want to download it or tape it off the radio. I want it in my collection.
    <hr></blockquote>

I never heard those statements either......
    Andrew -"People within the industry often have colorful descriptions when talking about Dave".
    Sammy- "He's wacky man…he's as wacky as a motherfucker…but at least you know what you get". Melodicrock interview with Sammy 08/2006

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I hear ya buddy. VH used to be my favorite band, bar none. But the way they've treated us over the past year or two has really turned me off. How many times can you get shit on and just wipe it off and smile? The longer they stay silent or keep releasing false statements saying "we're releasing a CD in the fall", the more fans they're gonna piss off. By the time this DLR reunion comes about, noone will give a shit anymore.
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by seenbad:
    Me? I'll be driving down the road listening to killer VH tunes that your NOT listening too. <hr></blockquote>

Saying you'll be listening to some new VH is a very optimistic statement.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Lets just say I'm a pretty optimistic fella
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am just kinda wondering how you feel you have been poorly treated by VH?

What is it that you want? If Eddie is gonna go take a shit and write a song while on the crapper you want an update on the website? Frontpage news 'Eddie Shit's A New Song'?

I am frustrated about no real news on the band, but I do NOT feel they have treated me badly, for one thing I don't even know them so how can they treat me bad. There is no news, and they probably aren't even doing anything. Do they owe you an explanation? I don't think so, I mean other than the internet, mainly this board, I don't think there is a real sence of urgency as to what Van Halen is doing.

I think Eddie, Alex, and Mike are just taking it easy and enjoying time with their families, so let them...they deserve it! Look at it this way, for 20+ years they gave to the fans, they gave great music, great tours, give back to them, give them the time they need to do what they need to do. But for christ sake they don't owe the fans anything...they are in-between-albums *lol*

In the meantime get out there and discover some other bands, other forms of music. Check out Jesse Cook if your a guitar fan, flamenco playing at it's best, incredible player. I won't say the dreaded 'C' word, but I recently started listening to 'Staind' and am starting to like them.
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The one comment I don't agree with at all is people saying that the reunion won't matter anymore. Yes, they made a mistake by creating a media sensation and then not building upon it in 1996. However, by now, the average person has no memory of this. The fans are mad, but every one of us on this sight will just be excited that the band is back (if a reunion is announced). As for general public, there will be enough hype and enough ignorance that will make people think, "Wow, Van Halen's returning." The general public are not like us, waiting for the Roth-reunion with baited breath. They're going about their lives until they see the statement and hear the advertisement that the original Van Halen is coming to their local arena and then they will buy a ticket. This silence is annoying fans, it isn't really bothering the general public.

Don't worry. They still remember Van Halen. And the average person won't feel wronged because they aren't even thinking about the band right now.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Please don\'t make me choose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I find it hard to believe that people rail on the band for not saying something after the fall of the World Trade Center. In my opinion it's quite commendable that they didn't (and God I know I'm gonna get it for how I'm phrasing this..)do the fashionable thing and recycle the same sentiments that other public personalities spewed forth with less than sincerity than many would have expected.

I don't know how you could possibly think that the band wasn't crushed by this. They have a love for this country that very few people have. They are first generation immgrants, and most come here with a greater grasp and appreciation for the United States and all that it has come to symbolize than many of the people born here.

You and some others cut them for not saying anything. I respect them for not cheapening their feelings and emotions by putting them into quotes or sound bites that could never really convey just how hard they were hit by the tragady.

They waved the colors at half mast as their sign of solidary,support, and mourning. As far as specifics, let them do what they do and let them write tunes to get their emotions out. You may find a masterpiece for the ages instead of a just a disposible statement that wouldn't stay around too long anyway...
    Just my thoughts
    TD
    Unofficial Keeper of the Faith<p>Our responsibility is to the music and it's continued growth<p>Who's your daddy?<p>"I'm bold as love, just ask the axis" J.H.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

Gee, I feel like I've seen this post a few times in the past year or so. I understand the frustration towards Van Halen but I believe that there is some logical explanation for their silence and non-activity. Whether it be the cancer, legal reasons or just not caring, I think we will find out in the near future. Not a fact but a hunch.

Like what Seenbad said, I also will be listening to some hard-rocking music in my car on a CD that reads Van Halen.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com