Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Summary of what Dave said on WMMR:

OK Dave mentioned how he is celebrating 35 years of practicing Kung Fu, he said that everything he ever did on stage was directly related to Kung Fu and his martial arts. He said he works out doing his Kung Fu about 5 days a week. He is working on a solo album, and has been doing filming at his home, the MOJO DOJO, for his upcoming DVD release9and i guess videos for single release)......using all the people that worked on his old VH and solo videos(cast and crews).....expect FUN FUN FUN, freaks, midgets, stripper,s bunnies, etc etc...He is very excited about things right now, and he called a Van Halen reunion INEVITABLE, and it would be soon, in our lifetime, and before our clothes go out of fashion, he also mentioned that he very much wants the reunion to happen, he mentioned they recorded some STELLAR music, and that they hate each other, but it's the combustability of that which can make for some great great music(you know said with all the Dave mannerisms).......He also mentioned that he hasn't spoken to the guys in about 18 months......that's the nutshell........

I am getting a CD of the interviews, we will have it up on the army sometime soon.......Sarge will let you know, peace.....

also...

Dave was asked about the reviews about his solo shows getting spectacular reviews.....he said that he is excited about the reviews, the band, and that they play all the classics that people WANT to hear, and that this is a vision of the sound of the (solo)future, he said the band is great and they are hungry......

Last Online

09.04.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 62 Times in 32 Posts

Cool. At least someone is puting out new music.

Eddie where are you? Can't you see Dave is ready to go?
    "Gully, watch yourself. I am dead serious." - Brett Norton, Emperor of VHLinks.com

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to see that Dave is staying busy and is still hopeful for a VH reunion. And hey, we actually got some news instead of rumors. I thought that Dave and VH would have been talking to each other by now. Oh well, the waiting continues.....

Rock on Dave!!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Eddie knows that with Dave aboard the money will just come rolling in. And they haven't spoken in 18 months? Given that Dave says he's working on solo stuff, apparently he's taken the hint. When someone doesn't call for 18 months, that says it all.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>they hate each other<hr></blockquote>

Did Dave actually use the word 'hate'? First off, I'd be surprised if he did. But if so, he's fooling himself. Dave may be able to write, record and tour under those personal stresses, but I don't think Edward can.

I look forward to hearing this, but Dave comes off kinda sad from this overview. If he's so damn happy, his band is great, things are going well, why does he continue to cling to a VH reunion? Why doesn't HE stick the official fork in it and kill the VH rumors.

She's moved on with her life, stop wasting your money sending her flowers and candy!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Glenn:
    Eddie knows that with Dave aboard the money will just come rolling in. And they haven't spoken in 18 months? Given that Dave says he's working on solo stuff, apparently he's taken the hint. When someone doesn't call for 18 months, that says it all.

Did Dave actually use the word 'hate'? First off, I'd be surprised if he did. But if so, he's fooling himself. Dave may be able to write, record and tour under those personal stresses, but I don't think Edward can.

I look forward to hearing this, but Dave comes off kinda sad from this overview. If he's so damn happy, his band is great, things are going well, why does he continue to cling to a VH reunion? Why doesn't HE stick the official fork in it and kill the VH rumors.

She's moved on with her life, stop wasting your money sending her flowers and candy!
    <hr></blockquote>

As usual Glenn, an excellent post.

The "Daveaholics" take the denial route and say that it will still happen. And that Dave, whether he is a member of Van Halen or a member of a Van Halen cover band is their GOD.
    There is no helping those people.
    I respect that, but to them he can do no wrong. Which if I am mistaken, didn't HE quit the band in the first place?
    He was never fired not even in 1996, because he was never "hired".

Time for all of them to cut ties, Dave can move sideways playing VH music live.
    And Van Halen can move forward and make new music to play live with someone else, and they can still play some of the older stuff too.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Eddymon:

The "Daveaholics" take the denial route and say that it will still happen. .
    <hr></blockquote>

Holy shit....now that *really *is* ironic [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Delusions of eloquence

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Eddymon:

Time for all of them to cut ties, Dave can move sideways playing VH music live.
    And Van Halen can move forward and make new music to play live with someone else, and they can still play some of the older stuff too.
    <hr></blockquote>

Woah....slow down please! VH is just moving to fast forward. Whether DLR plays old stuff or elects to play new at least he is playing. Also how is Dave the only one continuously talking VH when he is the one being asked about them? What would everyone's reaction be it he just refused comment? "OMG Dave refused comment he must be back!" [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] When Sammy or Gary is asked about VH they talk about the boys too. Only difference is Dave has the public wanting him back and naysayers look for anything negative to slam him with.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

they hate each other?! lmao! then fuck em all.

bring back sam or a 4th singer then, i don't wanna see no bullshit hunky dory tour....the last thing we need is for van halen to be sellouts. un fucking real!

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Blueprint
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

02.17.17 @ 06:11 AM
    Liked 79 Times in 21 Posts

I am curious about the exact words Dave used. "Hate" seems surprising -- but Dave has always been the first to refer to VH as a family -- the world's most dysfunctional family, but a family nonetheless.

It is possible that the creative tensions + psychological baggage are too much for a DLR/VH reunion. Creative differences and debate fuels the creative process but I could easily see how a creative dispute would degenerate into each side saying "here we go again." It is very possible that any DLR/VH reunion is doomed.

As far as the criticism levied on this Board that Dave did not kill the reunion rumors, such criticism is misplaced. Dave killed any rumor that he is currently working with VH. His comments were pretty clear on that. Not talking for 18 months, a solo project, etc. -- from where I'm sitting that tells me that there is no reunion happening now.

However, I think that Dave would not completely kill the reunion rumors because he truly believes that it will work out someday. I believe that Dave WANTS it to work out, not because he is some has-been and not for the money, but because he knows that Classic VH was something unique and special and that the fans have been hoping for this for such a long time.

As far as steps forward, sideways, or backwards, all I have seen in the last 2+ years is that Dave and Sammy still are out there entertaining the fans. All we get from VH is a constant stream of "no comments" and "we are working on great music." I hate to get philosophical but like the proverbial tree falling in the forest -- if an awesome guitar solo is played in the studio and is never heard by any fan, does it make a sound?

I'll take a live show of Dave and a VH cover band over Bradman's "no news is good news" anyday.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Does anyone else miss the days when this situation was merely ridiculous? Ah, the good old days.

And could somebody please pass everyone in the VH solar system a copy of 'Communication For Dummies'!!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Also, I should mention that dave sounded really really happy, upbeat, and full of energy...

The DJ, Pierre, asked about rumors as to whether he and VH had an album in the can, and he said "NO they did not have an album recorded", he said they only had 3 songs recorded that were absolutley STELLAR, he also mentioned how the music (VH/DLR era) had become timeless, with all types of people from different generations becoming fans of CLASSIC VH(dlr era)......

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Ken
    hurray for Dave! Cant wait for the DVD and new music, rock on!! by the way, how long do clothes stay in fashion?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking the same thing, but his first response, was "soon", and I paid close attention to that soon, he added the rest in a few seconds later......whatever, I am just being hopeful, I know the new DLR BAND CD will kick ass, and I CAN"T WAIT TILL NEXT FUCKING WEDNESDAY!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I wouldn't put so much emphasis on the "We hate each other" statement, because it was said straight forward and quick, but with a some humor, and the DJ was cracking up......BUT DAVE STRESSED THAT the chemistry of those emotions are what can make for some really great and fantastic music....Dave sounded hopeful to me...

also, you guys have to remember, these DJ's always ASK Dave the questions first, then he answers........

--------------------

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

one more side note:

I think the "hate" was exaggerrated a bit, but there is a truth in there, they are not the best of friends....but he can laugh at it too......Dave is still hopeful for a reunion, he said that it is ineveitable, and he said he very much wants it to happen, he implied he wanted it for a while.........

wait till we get it up on the Army....

--------------------

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Smokin' 5150:
    [QB]

As far as the criticism levied on this Board that Dave did not kill the reunion rumors, such criticism is misplaced. Dave killed any rumor that he is currently working with VH. His comments were pretty clear on that. Not talking for 18 months, a solo project, etc. -- from where I'm sitting that tells me that there is no reunion happening now.

However, I think that Dave would not completely kill the reunion rumors because he truly believes that it will work out someday. I believe that Dave WANTS it to work out, not because he is some has-been and not for the money, but because he knows that Classic VH was something unique and special and that the fans have been hoping for this for such a long time.
    QB]<hr></blockquote>

Dave sounded like there is NO DOUBT IN HIS MIND A REUNION WILL HAPPEN, the only thing we know for sure is that the reunion is not happening right now...

I believe in my heart that Dave wants a reunion with his brothers, Mike, Ed, and AL...

Families may fall apart, but they eventually get back together....(god that sounds sooo gay)

ok later...

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    Dave sounded like there is NO DOUBT IN HIS MIND A REUNION WILL HAPPEN, the only thing we know for sure is that the reunion is not happening right now...<hr></blockquote>The thing is, Dave is only worth talking about (to the general public) when it involves Van Halen. So he HAS to keep that option open publicly, even if he knows it's unlikely to happen. Case in point, Dave's live setlist these days. Sadly, when Dave separates himself from VH, he struggles to sell tickets and albums.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I believe in my heart that Dave wants a reunion with his brothers, Mike, Ed, and AL...
    <hr></blockquote>Of course Dave wants a reunion. It's where all the attention is, where all the glory is, and where all the money is. The levels of which he can't even come close to matching without Van Halen. I don't think it has a damn thing to do with wanting to be with his 'brothers'.