Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:33 AM
    Liked 1,385 Times in 760 Posts

Go to:

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=1796

It's from KNAC.com, they sent one of their guys there.
    There are a few quotes from EVH that have not been reported in any of the threads here.

Nothing too encouraging, better be warned...
    Little Dreamer

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH, VH2, 5150 & Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street & "5150"
    Last Online

11.26.07 @ 11:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow. It was just how I'd heard it. But the one thing that I don't get is- they say on the threads and stuff that he was supposedly drunk. Doesn't seem that way to me. Even so, the years before he "got sober" he was always for the most part a friendly guy. A some what happy drunk if you will. I don't think its the case. But, I'm sure he is pissed about all of the in your face questions. I guess I would be too. People get demanding sometimes.

[ February 19, 2003, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: beautifulgirls316 ]
    "I'm still 16 inside. I still have that passion, and any true musician doesn't do it for any other reason than passion. My motivation has never been financial. Music is what I do. It's the only thing I know how to do." -EVH

"Marriage has 3 rings. The engagement ring, the wedding ring, and the suffering"-DLR

"I believe that every one on this planet is born with a gift, and I was just lucky enough to find mine. So I'm very blessed, and very grateful."-EVH

Tequila~The drink of champions

http://www.myspace.com/tequilatemptress

Charitable Donations for the Myelin Project

http://www.networkforgood.org/pca/Pe...x?pcaid=104318

Last Online

11.18.12 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by beautifulgirls316:
    But, I'm sure he is pissed about all of the in your face questions. I guess I would be too. People get demanding sometimes.
    Well, maybe if the fucking guy were to communicate with his fans, more than once a year, then he wouldn't get bombarded with questions!!

The last thing he's mentioned was back in May that he "had a clean bill of health" and we'd "hear from them very soon". Well, we've heard jack shit, and he hasn't given us any kind of updates. So, if he does get grilled with questions, it's his own god-damn fault!! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

After reading that article, it's obvious that Ed only gives a shit about himself and no one else!! I don't give a shit if he's got cancer, if he's an alcoholic or if he just got divorced . . . there is no reason to treat the industry people and fans (the people that helped to get him to the top) like he has!! I've lost a lot of respect for him - although, not that HE'D give a rats-ass!! [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eddie is in trouble. There is no new music on the way. Sad. When he hits bottom is anyone's guess.
    "If Clapton is God, then Eddie Van Halen is Jesus Christ" - viewed at my last Halen show

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

PANAMA
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hate to say it, but I think you guys are right. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Last Online

07.09.15 @ 08:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was at NAMM and Eddie seemed blown out. Just plain lost and defeated. All hunched over and grimy. It was a real bummer seeing him in that state. Drunk or whatever the hell he was.

The one thing that gets me about Ed is his adamant view on playing his older tunes. He's made comments like he won't rip off any fans, play old tunes for "punk-asses", He's not a nostalgia act, etc, etc,... But he has no problem cashing royalty checks from that music. Or selling a guitar that had absolutely nothing to do with his classic sound but sells extremely well because the name "Eddie Van Halen" is on it. People don't buy that guitar because of what Eddie sounded like on Van Halen III. They buy it because of what he played like on Van Halen I. Same thing goes for the 5150 amplifier.

I guess I just don't get Eddie's whacked out philosophy.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by Darby:

The one thing that gets me about Ed is his adamant view on playing his older tunes. He's made comments like he won't rip off any fans, play old tunes for "punk-asses", He's not a nostalgia act, etc, etc,... But he has no problem cashing royalty checks from that music. Or selling a guitar that had absolutely nothing to do with his classic sound but sells extremely well because the name "Eddie Van Halen" is on it. People don't buy that guitar because of what Eddie sounded like on Van Halen III. They buy it because of what he played like on Van Halen I. Same thing goes for the 5150 amplifier.
    that post right there was on of the most "on" posts i have ever read here. i just think ed is hurt

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Damn! Ed seems a bit lost.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this subject is boring, all of us here have gotten drunk in public before, but if eddie does it, oh no. Hes been a drinker all his life, always happy, and one appearance where he didnt give all the people everything they wanted and oh no.
    rock

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:05 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

I spoke with him briefly a few years back at the Music Man booth and he was very nice, autographing a poster for me and telling me about the upcoming (at the time) Van Halen recording, For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.
    I guess this guy can't count. FUCK was released almost 12 years ago. I'm no math-wiz, but 12 is is alot FUCKing more than a few.

My real comment is that I'm taking everything I hear about EVH or =VH= as pure rumor until I hear or see concrete evidence. Call me an optimist or whatever, but I'll be waiting for new music 'til I hear the band is done for good. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After the way the "fans" have treated him concerning his band choices (i.e. III, Gary, no Dave, no Sammy, no new album), I can see why he may have a bad taste for those who *only* want to hear the classic riffs.
    The people complaining are the people who didn't get what they wanted...like this KNAC bozo...who wanted another autograph and an interview. Too bad so sad.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Originally posted by dwalsh5150:
    this subject is boring, all of us here have gotten drunk in public before, but if eddie does it, oh no. Hes been a drinker all his life, always happy, and one appearance where he didnt give all the people everything they wanted and oh no.
    In the actual article there's no mention of Ed being drunk...

Here's the actual article for those who didn't click the link and read...

Junkman's Annual NAMM Convention Recap

By Junkman, On-Air Personality
    Wednesday, February 19, 2003 @ 12:56 AM

Junkman Invades NAMM 2003 With Lots Of Great Artist Chats and A Bizarre Encounter With Eddie Van Halen

NAMM 2003: Another Year of Music Madness

Forget Paul Stanley and Joe Satriani… Take Me Straight To Eddie Van Halen

By this time, I figured that I would head over to Peavey and since I had my press credentials, maybe I would have time to have a few words with Edward Van Halen, who was due to appear at 1:30. My plan was to speak with EVH, then cruise by the Ibanez booth and speak with Joe Satriani (due at 2 PM), and then go to another booth and see Kiss guitarist Paul Stanley (in full makeup). This is the way things happen at NAMM on Saturday, “bada-bing,bad-BOOM”!

Well the first thing I found out at Peavey was, that Edward would be late in arriving. HOW late I did not know. The second thing I found out was that, I wasn’t the only one that was waiting for him to arrive. The booth was soon completely FILLED with people. A line around the booth followed that. Nervous looking Peavey employees and security guards patiently answered people’s questions about what the “hubbub” was all about, and WHEN would HE arrive!

I give great credit to the Peavey employees for their patience and smiles for handling what turned out to be a near disaster. I have been around enough to know that when Van Halen makes an appearance, it becomes an event. I spoke with him briefly a few years back at the Music Man booth and he was very nice, autographing a poster for me and telling me about the upcoming (at the time) Van Halen recording, For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.

Today would be a completely different story. Partly on the facts surrounding him and the band, in other words, “WHATS THE DEAL, ED”? I had many questions to ask, as I know most of us want to know. “What is the status of”: The Band? Your Health? Who’s gonna sing? (lots of rumors floated around the convention on THAT one). Among many others that I figured I would bring up, but once again today would be a different story in terms of approachability.

What’s the Deal With Eddie “I Don’t Feel Tardy” Van Halen Anyway?!

While waiting for the great VH, I ran into my friend, Armored Saint/DC4 guitarist Jeff Duncan. First words out of his mouth were, “Where’s Eddie”? He told me that he and his old band Odin, featuring his brother Sean on drums had reunited for a few shows, and that he would be busy with that and of course the other bands in 2003. By then the crowd was becoming impatient, (go figure), and no EVH to be seen. So much for speaking with Satriani or Paul Stanley, or anybody else for that matter if I was going to get a shot at seeing this dude.

Finally at about 4 PM he showed up and I was ushered into a soundproof booth that he would be “performing” at. After speaking with company founder Hartley Peavey upstairs in the office area for quite some time, Van Halen made his way into the performance booth, completely MOBBED by his fans. What followed was something bordering on bizarre.

Looking like he just got out of bed, (he may have) and speaking in a croaking voice, he told the crowd that he would be granting no interviews or signing anything. Damn! He also refused to discuss anything about the new products that he and Peavey had been working on, explaining that he simply didn’t want to give an endorsement to a product that was still in the experimental stage. After refusing to answer some of the crowd’s questions about equipment, some one screamed for him to play, and he reluctantly grabbed a guitar, plugged it into one of his signature Peavey 5150 amps, and proceeded to noodle away at it -- with his back to the audience! After turning around and explaining that he had not been playing much guitar lately, just piano and cello, (cello?) he played a few vintage riffs before stopping and telling the crowd that he didn’t want to play anything old for the “punk-asses” that were inside with their video recorders, taping the event. He did however start playing the opening riff to “Mean Streets,” before stopping and once again telling a VERY disappointed crowd that he would not give them anything from the past. Matter of fact, he didn’t seem to want to give them anything from the future either, explaining that he would not play or talk about anything that wasn’t finished.

Van Halen then smacked his guitar on the microphone stand and one of the employees heads a few times, saying that that was what he loved about his guitars, meaning that they could be bashed about and still stay in tune. He then played a boogie riff that he said he had just written, and then, just like that, it was over. Off he went, surrounded by security, and a few hundred disappointed fans. What the fuck? I (and just about everyone else that was in that room) wondered. Oh well, that’s rock n roll. Time will tell what will happen with the future of Van Halen, and the products he will endorse and produce. What was so weird and coincidental about his tardiness, (“I don’t FEEL tardy”) was that it bumped a performance by Tribe Of Judah, a new band featuring the last Van Halen vocalist, Gary Cherone to the next day, in that same performance booth!

Pow Wow at Ernie Ball and Mandatory Hilton Cocktails
    [ February 20, 2003, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: Zahzoo ]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Last Online

11.18.12 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by dwalsh5150:
    Holy shit!! I think this might be Alex Van Halen posting to back his brother!!

It's not a matter of getting drunk and going out in public, which I agree, most of us have done.
    It's a matter of going out in public drunk (which it did not say that he was or wasn't), acting like an ass to your fans AND the company/product you put your name on and represent!! Not to mention, he's been out in public, what . . . 3 times in the past 5 years?!?!

He would have been better off to not even show up!!

Don't try to blindly defend someone, when it's obvious they acted like an ass, just because the guy is one of the greatest guitarists to ever live!!

[ February 20, 2003, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: VH2001 ]

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

It sounds to me like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed and that NAMM was the last place he wanted to be, but had the damn commitment to the manufacturer, so came in late and behaved like an obstinate child when he has to do something he doesn't want to do. That's the luxury of being a rock star. It doesn't make it right, but it is apparent that at this point in time, Ed isn't interested in what is right or even possibly what is best for him and the band. The fans, sadly, don't even factor into this equation.

After reading that and everything else (mainly the lack of everything else), I'm starting to understand why Valerie left. There's only so much you can do or put up with. I really hope and pray that Ed doesn't turn out to be one of the countless casualties of fame, money, and the lack of limits that go with it.

I'm not saying that he's not a nice, genuine person underneath it all. Everyone has their days, but when you're the reclusive Eddie Van Halen living in a swirl of rumors, that one day can sum it all up because it's all people see of you. Depression and self-destructive behavior can change someone into a negative, combative, stubborn asshole and although I feel for the guy for everything he's been through, he really needs to take a look in the mirror (and not just to make sure his clothes match) and ask himself if this is really how he wants to live the rest of his life. I'm afraid that he's hell bent on killing anything he had previously worked so hard to build.
    Could this be magic?

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

You were right, this article wasn't too encouraging. I thought he had played more than what the article stated. I'm only going by some posts from this board since I wasn't there.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com