Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
  1. #1
    Banned!
    Join Date
    03.21.00
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,884
    Favorite VH Album

    BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

    AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

    03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Well I actually posted about this guy a few months after Cherone left. I go to this barber near me who always has a pic of VH on his mirror, and a picture of him drumming. He looks EXACTLY like Alex, and his last name is even Van something or other (I have his card). Well, when I talked to him then he said that VH was going to record with Roth, and was in talk with him. This was before we got confirmation, and I'm pretty sure he's not the 'internet' type that would go to sites like this. He's a session drummer for NBC studios, and goes down there on the weekends. He said he's partied with the boys before, and has been backstage a bunch of times. The brothers really like him, not to mention he looks like Alex and drums, they get a kick out of him. Anyways, when I posted this then, everyone dismissed it as a lame story.

    Since then I've seen him a couple times and asked him about VH, but he didn't know anything.

    Well today I went back, and he was working. I hadn't seen him in a LONG time, so I didn't think he recognized me, since they get so many customers there. Well we got to talking about him being a session drummer, and how he's hung out with VH. Well I asked him about the singer situation, and he said what we all know. "They were recording with Roth last June, but it didn't work out". He said the brothers are going through the same thing that he is with HIS mom, that they are both REALLY sick. Basically she's dying. I asked him about Ed being sick, and he said it was nothing, just a little thing they found in his mouth.

    He actually said something really surprising to me. He said that before they got 'the last singer', which I presume to be Cherone, that they actually almost got...LITA FORD to sing!! Very surprising. I told him about the 'Sam and Dave Tour', but he hadn't heard of that, which was weird, but since he's more friends with the VH bros, I'm not too surprised.

    The first time I talked to him I wasn't too sure about his story, but I really believe him. He says he talks to the bros once in a while, and actually talked on the phone with them a few weeks ago. He doesnt know what they are doing now, trust me I asked.

    It didn't seem as if he thought they were retiring or anything like that. I just really think that a lot of things are going on in Ed's life right now. From his own health problems, to his mom being sick, to wanting to spend time with his family, I'm sure they are just taking it easy now. Anyways, that's my story! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Top Of The World ShutUpNPlayYer Guitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.25.02
    Age
    38
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    202
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

    01.08.11 @ 12:00 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    All that typing and we're still back to the same question.... what the hell are they gonna do
    "Cocked, Locked, and ready to Rock, Doc!"

    2007 Fantasy Baseball CHAMPION....Links League 2

  3. #3
    Banned!
    Join Date
    06.19.01
    Age
    36
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA USA
    Posts
    477
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    What doesn't make sense to me is that Michael Anthony said in November (yes I believe he said it) that an album was coming out in spring. So if something fell through, it must have fallen through sometime in the last 4 months. Why else would Mikey make that statement?

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk FORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    51
    Location
    The Mighty Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,807
    Favorite VH Album

    All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Originally posted by strungout:
    He actually said something really surprising to me. He said that before they got 'the last singer', which I presume to be Cherone, that they actually almost got...LITA FORD to sing!!
    Actually, he got that wrong... It wasn't Lita Ford they asked...... .

    I was ready to go, until I realized what a dickwad Danniels really was.
    Eat Us And Smile

    Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

    ...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

    "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

  5. #5
    Eruption
    Join Date
    10.20.01
    Location
    Somewhere in NJ
    Posts
    1,182
    Favorite VH Album

    1 thru Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Little Guitars
    Last Online

    05.07.15 @ 12:27 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] <GOD DAMNIT I'M TRYIN TO SLEEP! [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    The Pumpkinhead!

    "After three decades you still don't get the fact that VH the band was greater than the sum of all of its parts -- and those parts fit perfectly together, especially in the CVH lineup." - Delighted Romeo, Hit the nail right on the God Damn Head!!!

  6. #6
    Unchained
    Join Date
    02.20.00
    Location
    Logan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    490
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Well, if nothing else, this is a new insider's foder! What the fuck! I find it entertaining!
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

  7. #7
    Unchained
    Join Date
    12.12.01
    Age
    36
    Location
    Edensor Park
    Posts
    473
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

    Right Now
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Lita Ford is a babe
    "Jebe Ga"

  8. #8
    Eruption gabby gabbster's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.06.01
    Posts
    1,206
    Last Online

    12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Likes
    9
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

    I think strungout's story makes a lot of sense. VH obviously haven't been sitting on their asses....they tried again with Dave and for whatever reason, the magic wasn't there to keep it alive. Only they can understand that.
    I also think Ed's health was blown way out of proportion. I think they caught his cancer early enough to treat it and anyone with a positive attitude can overcome anything. A lot of internet folk has been very negative about Ed's health and I can't imagine Ed ever wanting to be in that atmosphere.
    His mom may be very sick, he's got a young son, and his wife is out working. It is selfish for us to keep wanting and wanting when Ed/Alex have a family to take care of. Don't worry though, it is in their blood to make music forever and we will be first in line to hear it.

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk Raldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    17,177
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Likes
    1,817
    Liked 1,460 Times in 896 Posts

    Who really knows these days?
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

    In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

    "High speed, low drag."

    "Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

    Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

    Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

    got tequila?

    http://keepitaliveforever.com

  10. #10
    Banned!
    Join Date
    03.21.00
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,884
    Favorite VH Album

    BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

    AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

    03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by gabby gabbster:
    I think strungout's story makes a lot of sense. VH obviously haven't been sitting on their asses....they tried again with Dave and for whatever reason, the magic wasn't there to keep it alive. Only they can understand that.
    I also think Ed's health was blown way out of proportion. I think they caught his cancer early enough to treat it and anyone with a positive attitude can overcome anything. A lot of internet folk has been very negative about Ed's health and I can't imagine Ed ever wanting to be in that atmosphere.
    His mom may be very sick, he's got a young son, and his wife is out working. It is selfish for us to keep wanting and wanting when Ed/Alex have a family to take care of. Don't worry though, it is in their blood to make music forever and we will be first in line to hear it.
    Exactly! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

  11. #11
    Eruption distortion9's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.07.01
    Age
    48
    Location
    L.I.N.Y.
    Posts
    976
    Favorite VH Album

    Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    01.29.12 @ 02:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Donor

    Originally posted by BEZEK KNOWS BEST:
    Lita Ford is a babe
    Lita Ford WAS a babe.

    Now, she's just plain scary.

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk Eddymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.20.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    3800 foot level in the Sierra
    Posts
    15,108
    Favorite VH Album

    all of them
    Favorite VH Song

    If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 08:14 AM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

    Their mom's health and age were brought up a few weeks ago here.
    I would almost bet that is where Alex has spent alot of time. As well as Edward.
    They were/are a very close immediate family from what I have heard and read and also like to keep things private.
    Hence the reason as to why they have been taking the wrath of their fans for the sake of their mother. Let the fans think its about Eddie & Alex being dicks when in reality they are protecting their mother's privacy. She isn't a famous person, but tabloids could go nuts over this because of the fact that both her sons are famous as well as her daughter in-law.

    So why not just come out and say something that most people would believe to be true anyways like "the lawyers got involved".

    If the reason is due to their mom's health, I applaud both Sammy & Dave for respecting them by not bad-mouthing anybody. Both have kept their silence for the most part regarding the status of Van Halen.
    When the brothers have some closure in their personal lives, then I think that they will reward their fans with something very special.
    Like am album and a tour featuring both Sam & Dave.
    Van Halen has fans that only like the Dave era, and they also have fans that prefer Sammy. So why not give everybody what they want?
    Could be the reason why we are seeing the early stages of a Sam & Dave solo tour. If Mike is a part of it, then I think that will be the sign that VH will be back with both singers. Cause Mike ain't quitting VH ever.
    Hey if they want to do a Santana thing, then why not do it with only 2 singers, ones that they are allready familiar with, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]

  13. #13
    Sinner's Swing! Zahzoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.01
    Location
    3rd Stone From The Sun
    Posts
    3,495
    Favorite VH Album

    The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

    11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Likes
    85
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

    One should respect personal and private matters... nuff said!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

  14. #14
    Little Dreamer missct99's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.27.01
    Age
    55
    Location
    Hamden,Ct
    Posts
    36
    Last Online

    11.26.07 @ 05:22 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by Eddymon:
    Their mom's health and age were brought up a few weeks ago here.
    I would almost bet that is where Alex has spent alot of time. As well as Edward.
    They were/are a very close immediate family from what I have heard and read and also like to keep things private.
    Hence the reason as to why they have been taking the wrath of their fans for the sake of their mother. Let the fans think its about Eddie & Alex being dicks when in reality they are protecting their mother's privacy. She isn't a famous person, but tabloids could go nuts over this because of the fact that both her sons are famous as well as her daughter in-law.

    So why not just come out and say something that most people would believe to be true anyways like "the lawyers got involved".

    If the reason is due to their mom's health, I applaud both Sammy & Dave for respecting them by not bad-mouthing anybody. Both have kept their silence for the most part regarding the status of Van Halen.
    When the brothers have some closure in their personal lives, then I think that they will reward their fans with something very special.
    Like am album and a tour featuring both Sam & Dave.
    Van Halen has fans that only like the Dave era, and they also have fans that prefer Sammy. So why not give everybody what they want?
    Could be the reason why we are seeing the early stages of a Sam & Dave solo tour. If Mike is a part of it, then I think that will be the sign that VH will be back with both singers. Cause Mike ain't quitting VH ever.
    Hey if they want to do a Santana thing, then why not do it with only 2 singers, ones that they are allready familiar with, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Great Post eddymon [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

    [ March 26, 2002 at 07:37 AM: Message edited by: missct99 ]</p>
    Women hockey fans ROCK!!!!<br /><br />Bogey33.com

  15. #15
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    06.04.01
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,193
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

    Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

    01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Originally posted by Eddymon:
    Their mom's health and age were brought up a few weeks ago here.
    I would almost bet that is where Alex has spent alot of time. As well as Edward.
    They were/are a very close immediate family from what I have heard and read and also like to keep things private.
    Hence the reason as to why they have been taking the wrath of their fans for the sake of their mother. Let the fans think its about Eddie & Alex being dicks when in reality they are protecting their mother's privacy. She isn't a famous person, but tabloids could go nuts over this because of the fact that both her sons are famous as well as her daughter in-law.

    So why not just come out and say something that most people would believe to be true anyways like "the lawyers got involved".

    If the reason is due to their mom's health, I applaud both Sammy & Dave for respecting them by not bad-mouthing anybody. Both have kept their silence for the most part regarding the status of Van Halen.
    When the brothers have some closure in their personal lives, then I think that they will reward their fans with something very special.
    Like am album and a tour featuring both Sam & Dave.
    Van Halen has fans that only like the Dave era, and they also have fans that prefer Sammy. So why not give everybody what they want?
    Could be the reason why we are seeing the early stages of a Sam & Dave solo tour. If Mike is a part of it, then I think that will be the sign that VH will be back with both singers. Cause Mike ain't quitting VH ever.
    Hey if they want to do a Santana thing, then why not do it with only 2 singers, ones that they are allready familiar with, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I agree with you Eddymon, that if their mother truly is sick and possibly dying, I can understand why Ed and alex have put their professional life on hold. I also would applaud Dave, Sam, Gary, and everyone in the VH camp for not mentioning to anyone that their(ed & al's) mother might be dying(if this is true), the media should not know about this...so let's not talk about this anymore here on the boards. Do yo uknw what I mean?

    Time will tell...

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Another Gathering insider story and pics
    By jaybird in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 10.10.06, 05:45 AM
  2. the van halen story
    By dirty movies in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01.27.05, 07:11 PM
  3. The Van Halen Story
    By VanHalenMetallica in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11.01.02, 08:57 PM
  4. What is your Van Halen story?
    By bobthyfan in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09.22.02, 08:27 PM
  5. A Van Halen Story...
    By BEZEK KNOWS BEST in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05.22.02, 03:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •