Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Little Dreamer

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's what some other people think about Roth
    This thread was put together by hain23x over at the links...

If anyone saw that "20 years of rock on Mtv" show you already know that people like Tom Morello, Marilyn Manson and a slew of others give big props to the early VH and our fearless leader DLR, but here's some thoughts on DLR from some "colorful" people who were interviewed at Metal Sludge
    (I don't like all these guys but if they give props to DLR and the classic VH they can't be all that bad! )

Slider-Brand New Sin
    Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar = Lee Roth, Please do I have to explain that one....

Danny Grady-Injected
    Sammy Hagar or Lee Roth? = Lee Roth, c'mon now....

Georg Dolivo-Rhino Bucket Singer
    (scale of 1 to 10) Lee Roth = 9, Not the vocal god, but, like Jagger, what a fucking front man

Lorraine Lewis--Ex-Femme Fatale Singer What rock star deserves a smack in the mouth and why?
    The van halen brother's for treating dave unfairly after their brief "reunion"....

Jackyl Singer Jesse James Dupree
    Lee Roth = Man, Lee, he told you how it was from day one. It's not how you sound, it's how good you look doing it. I'll be goddamned, we played some dates with him last Summer, and Diamond Dave was rockin. So he'll always get a 10 on any scale. I think he deserves the utmost respect and he'll always get it from me. I was never that big of a Van Halen fan because I was so into Billy Gibbons, that I despised all the finger tapping stuff. I didn't understand why, you know, why people didn't always just, forever, know that Billy G was GOD on guitar. I mean all the other stuff is cute and it's good but Billy G was God. I stood in front of him and cried as a teenager because I thought HE was everything in a guitar player that I wish that I could have been, you know, which is why I got into music to begin with. So I say that about Diamond Dave, out of just total respect, not that I was a huge fan of Van Halen or nothing. I totally respect them. But Diamond Dave, absolutely deserves the most respect so he's gets a 10.

Dokken Drummer "Wild" Mick Brown
    Lee Roth = another sex god

Ex-White Lion Singer Mike Tramp
    Lee Roth = 10 Roth will always be the God of Gods, even though everyone knows he doesn't sing anymore. He paved the road we all wrote on down in glory, while getting blown in the back of the bus. Love you Daimond Dave, always will.

Alice Cooper
    (scale of 1 to 10) Lee Roth = 8

Megadeth Guitarist Al Pitrelli
    Lee Roth = Most deserving-to-join-his-old-band rock star

Every Mother's Nightmare Singer Rick Ruhl
    Lee Roth = one of the best frontmen ever

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine
    Van Halen still not announcing a new singer = Eddie, get Dave back

John Kalodner(music biz guy)
    Lee Roth = very talented front man with a superstar image, but has wasted his talent for many years. I wanted "Slam Dunk" to be on the Armageddon soundtrack, because I thought it sounded great, as a number one rock track, but he said no.

Black N Blue Singer Jaime St. James
    Lee Roth = 9 one of the all time great rock singers

DJ Tawn Mastrey
    6. What hard rock/heavy metal band should give it up and call it a day?
    If Van Halen doesn't bring DLR back into the fold, they get my vote.

Tesla Singer Jeff Keith
    (scale of 1 to 10) Lee Roth = I'm gonna give him a 10

Lizzy Borden
    (scale of 1 to 10) Lee Roth = 8

Motorhead's Lemmy
    Lee Roth = Good man to go drinking with

Keel Singer Ronnie Keel
    Lee Roth = 9. Awesome frontman and originator of the double pitched high scream.

SR-71 Singer Mitch Allan
    Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar = LEE ROTH.....COME ON!

Hair Of The Dog Singer Ryan Cook
    (scale of 1 to 10) Lee Roth = 10. The ultimate frontman. The high notes he can no longer hit are made up for with charisma. I also think he's cool 'cause he made John Sepetys puke

Lonn Friend-RIP editor/KNAC editor-in-chief
    Van Halen = .I live for the Dave records; eternal, blinding masterpieces of rock. Liked one Sammy song, “Black and Blue.” Gary Cherone? Nice guy but check the blood chemistry of the guy who first pitched that to Ed. I better stop.

Biohazard Singer & Bass Player Evan Seinfeld
    Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar = CMON,.. NO CONTEST,. MY PAISAN DIAMOND DAVE,.. A FELLOW JEW!!!

Zakk Wylde
    Van Halen or Aerosmith = Early VH and beer

Quiet Riot Singer Kevin DuBrow
    Lee Roth = I think Dave is the best frontman to ever come out of the U.S. He's not the best technical singer, but I love his voice, attitude, lyrics, stage presence, interviews and his book. I'm a fan and a friend!

Chlorine Singer Mark Fain
    Lee Roth - Can't remember the last time I heard him sing, but back in the day I would of given him a 15

Dream Theater Drummer Mike Portnoy
    What rock star deserves a smack in the mouth and why?
    Eddie Van Halen for fucking up the Roth reunion in 96...I don't care what Dave said or don't tease your fans that way! Just swallow you ego, shut the fuck up and do it...they had the hype all built in and ready to go...even if they do it now, it won't be the same as it would've been had they done it then...

Union Bass Player Jamie Hunting
    Lee Roth = Bob Marley

Joe Lynn Turner
    Lee Roth... It's not about singing with Dave, I give him a 10 for delivery!

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Originally posted by DaveTheMan:
    Here's what some other people think about Roth
    This thread was put together by hain23x over at the links...
    Uhhh, this IS the Links.

Since that topic is alive and well in our Opinions forum, I'm going to close this up. [img]smile.gif[/img]