All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

From Grant's site.........

Some Positive Van Halen News
    February 27, 2002 - I'm happy to report some positive Van Halen news for a change. Kevin Dugan, Michael Anthony's bass tech, emailed me today to clarify my report from February 25 that he was seeking work. Below is the statement he asked me to print on the VHND.

To: "Grant Fisher"
    Subject: GRANT
    Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:57:43 -0800
    X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600

I cannot speak officially for the band. I do however know that they are not breaking
    up and are planning on going back to work sometime in the future. In the interim
    Michael Anthony has most assuredly NOT quit Van Halen. He just wants to play in a
    fun side project.

I am by no means quitting Van Halen. When the band is on hiatus, as they are now,
    I always work with other bands. Poison, Ratt, Weezer and quite a few other bands
    are just examples of what I've been doing since '98. My allegiance is all ways
    to Michael Anthony and Van Halen.
    Thank you for your concern,
    Kevin K. Dugan

So there you have it. According to Kevin, Van Halen are not done yet and Michael Anthony is using the current hiatus as an opportunity to get out and play again. Thanks Kevin for clearing this up.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Too bad the number of positive news items doesn't come close to the number of negative news items.

Anyway, it was nice to see that someone has noticed these sites and actually responded to the fans.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My $.02:

There won't be anything signifigant with the band (on a reunion-front) until they're inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame next year, IF that happens.(They're pretty nit-picky about inductions-just ask Ozzy!) We'll be lucky if we get re-releases of their catalog with "bonus" material until that point.

[ February 27, 2002 at 04:38 AM: Message edited by: FanHalen ]</p>
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

01.29.12 @ 02:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by FanHalen:
    My $.02:

There won't be anything signifigant with the band (on a reunion-front) until they're inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame next year, IF that happens.(They're pretty nit-picky about inductions-just ask Ozzy!) We'll be lucky if we get re-releases of their catalog with "bonus" material until that point.
    I know we are talking about Van Halen here, but wouldn't it make more sense to get the publicity machine rolling BEFORE the HOF nominations/inductions?

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by distortion9:
    I know we are talking about Van Halen here, but wouldn't it make more sense to get the publicity machine rolling BEFORE the HOF nominations/inductions?
    Well, in a sense of the word, YES. It would make sense to do something like that. Get your name out in public, let 'em all know you're still alive & kickin' and maybe even do some shows in the off-chance you'd find yourself inducted.

However, considering no one in the Van Halen world is apparently even remotely familiar with the Hallmark concept and have long since forgotten about their fans, why would they start using common sense now?

[ February 27, 2002 at 05:33 AM: Message edited by: Cabo Kid ]</p>
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

have they made any recently?
    Favorite VH Song

still waiting
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well here is Good old HBK's take on this puzzling situation.
    Van Halen are still on a break because Eddie, though he may be now cancer free, is still to weak from the past 2 years or so of treatments to jump right back in. I'm sure he is still writing new music but at a pace he can handle for now. When his strength returns however, thats when things will pick up at a quicker pace.
    Legal issues caused a problem but they weren't the reason for the delay.
    I can see a scenario in which Ed told Dave that they will try working again as soon asEddie is physically and mentally ready. (remember, Dave is a handful and Ed also has to be ready mentally to deal with his antics as well). So dave is working on his dvd and maybe another DLR Band album but he isn't totally committed to it just yet because of the uncertainty of just when Ed will give him the call.
    Ed, (IMO) also told Mike to keep himself busy until the day comes.

I believe that when Brad said that there are "no time tables set for anything right now" that that was the truth and they still don't have an exact time, but maybe a target date is where they are hoping that they will be ready.

[ February 27, 2002 at 06:02 AM: Message edited by: ShawnMichaels ]</p>

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ed is smart in his own ways. He knows that rock is starting to make a comeback and next year will be 25 years since VH1 was released. I think the timing will be just right for the band to make a comeback. I don't think people realize how serious a hip replacement is and having a dose of cancer on top of that is a lot to overcome. To do a tour right, you have got to be 110% ready and that is probably what the holdup is.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well, HOF nominees are usually announced before the Christmas holiday season, with the inductions in May...so we'll know by the end of the year if they even get nominated, maybe by this time next year there will be some new project.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by ShawnMichaels:
    Well here is Good old HBK's take on this puzzling situation.
    Van Halen are still on a break because Eddie, though he may be now cancer free, is still to weak from the past 2 years or so of treatments to jump right back in. I'm sure he is still writing new music but at a pace he can handle for now. When his strength returns however, thats when things will pick up at a quicker pace.
    Legal issues caused a problem but they weren't the reason for the delay.
    I can see a scenario in which Ed told Dave that they will try working again as soon asEddie is physically and mentally ready. (remember, Dave is a handful and Ed also has to be ready mentally to deal with his antics as well). So dave is working on his dvd and maybe another DLR Band album but he isn't totally committed to it just yet because of the uncertainty of just when Ed will give him the call.
    Ed, (IMO) also told Mike to keep himself busy until the day comes.

I believe that when Brad said that there are "no time tables set for anything right now" that that was the truth and they still don't have an exact time, but maybe a target date is where they are hoping that they will be ready.
    That makes a hell of a lot of sense.

I wish they would just say that instead of making us guess it... but then, I'm not the first person to point that out.

The band is probably still doing the right thing for now. You know how people are - they will demand that =VH= go on tour, but then point out that Eddie isn't looking 100% better!

Take your time, guys. We'll still be here. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Staying Frosty

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:48 PM
    Liked 11,592 Times in 4,941 Posts

I guess it's something. Really not much good or bad, but I guess less bad than normal.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I guess it's something. Really not much good or bad, but I guess less bad than normal.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, ShawnMichaels and JackDaniels posts really DO make a lot of sense. I, for one, can in no way fathom what it must be like to have to go through hip replacement surgery as well as cancer. Its gotta take a lot out of you. Maybe Ed really IS just taking timne away from everything (including his fans) to just heal himself. I would rather have a healthy rejuvenated Ed Van Halen than one that is just going through the motions to appease the ever complaining fans.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Originally posted by Jack Daniels:
    Ed is smart in his own ways. He knows that rock is starting to make a comeback and next year will be 25 years since VH1 was released. I think the timing will be just right for the band to make a comeback. I don't think people realize how serious a hip replacement is and having a dose of cancer on top of that is a lot to overcome. To do a tour right, you have got to be 110% ready and that is probably what the holdup is.
    I've wondered privately and haven't mentioned this because I don't want to provide people with rumor fodder... but what the heck!!

Not much has been mentioned publically about Ed's recovery from the hip replacement. There's a company here in Austin that manufactures artificial hip replacement parts name Sultzer Orthopedics. A few years ago they produced several hundred defective artificial hips that had some sort of problem with oil used in the manufacturing process that prevented the replacement from fully fusing to the patient's bones. Several lawsuits are still active as well as a class-action suit nearing a settlement. Several patients who received the defective hips have experienced long term health impacts and required a 2nd replacement.

DISCLAIMER:

I have no clue if Ed's replacement could have been in this situation and I don't want imply that I think he did... just pointing out another possibility that no one may be aware of...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I think Ed's hip is the least of his problems.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've always looked at the hip situation as an excuse for anything that goes wrong. I'm sure it's serious, but it's not the end of the world and doesn't explain away all the shitty behavior.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR