Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    On Fire
    Join Date
    09.09.00
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    364
    Favorite VH Album

    DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    VHND has the transcript to DLR's WMMR int. In it he says he just been in the studio w/Bob Rock. I think that's GREAT - I LOVE ALAE!!!!!

    So either he's producing it or has something to do with it.

    If he is producing - then maybe DLR's new disc is coming out on a major label?
    "So who died and made YOU David Lee Roth???"

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk Raldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    17,185
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Likes
    1,827
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

    Way to go DLR!!! Getting Bob Rock to produce his new CD is a big step in Roth getting his solo career going again. Things are looking good!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

    In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

    "High speed, low drag."

    "Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

    Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

    Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

    got tequila?

    http://keepitaliveforever.com

  3. #3
    On Fire
    Join Date
    05.21.00
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    333
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Kinda strange since Bob Rock is currently in the studio with Metallica.

    More b.s. <yawn>
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

  4. #4
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    10.08.00
    Posts
    62
    Last Online

    02.02.07 @ 04:53 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zadian:
    Kinda strange since Bob Rock is currently in the studio with Metallica.<hr></blockquote>

    Is that right? I haven't heard any news from Metallica since Jason left and James was in rehab. Do they have a new bass player?

  5. #5
    Beloved Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.16.99
    Posts
    16,192
    Last Online

    02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    I read that transcript, and even for Dave it's pretty rambling. Here's the initial question and answer;

    I hear there's a new solo album, is that correct?

    DLR: Well, what I've done is, I've kind of gone ass backwards here and everybody approaches, uh, you know, their album, their record company, their audience, with, uh, ya know "hey, I have and idea, and I'm just beginning to flush it out, it's still in development" and what I've done is we just crossed a half a million dollar mark here, I've created what I've called "Diamond Dave's No Holds Bar B Que" and over the many summers, over many summers, people have said, "Dave, you should do a movie" but I'm not an actor, "Dave, you should do television" but I'm not a host, and "Dave, you should put together bla, bla, bla". Well I finally put together and hours worth of, and we just closed up shop, they're still cleaning up here in the back yard here, I shot it all here at my house, the "Mojo Dojo", which is what you hear echoing n the background.


    Hardly a confirmation of a new album. Then he's asked;

    I asked him what this latest video, DVD thing that he just got finished shooting is going to contain.

    DLR: It contains all of the music for, uh, the next album here


    Does that mean the new DVD is a live one, and the album is also going to be a live one? Could Bob Rock just be producing the audio of a live show for Dave?

  6. #6
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    03.09.00
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    3,412
    Favorite VH Album

    A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

    As Is
    Last Online

    10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Does anyone have a DLR to English translator?

    DLR: Yeah, but we painted it better than anybody else! I think if you go with basics, I take the (?) Gracie Brazilian Jujitsu approach to any king of show biz! Which is again enthusiastically belligerent but 8 moves rule the world. You don't need more, yes, you could use more, but you don't NEED more. You have to make a choice past 8 or you can make a choice, but you really don't need a whole lot more moves. You don't, you don't need a whole lot in the editing bay when you're, uh, doing video. Ya, don't need a whole lot more when you're in the engineering bay, I was just in the studio with Bob Rock, who produces, uh, amongst others, Metallica, and uh, Kirk Hammett was in there and they were listening to some of my new stuff over at Henson Studios which used to be A&M records, and uh, we were talking about the exact same thing, that once you go beyond the basics, then you're into some other kind of a turf there, and at least you can have to, you, you should be able to make the choice, um, I think a lot of people, you know, I'm, I'm gonna make up a brand new ancient saying for you, that if ya gotta scrawny little tree, then ya need a whole lotta tinsel! That goes for in the recording studio as well as for what goes up on stage, and what goes on the video. If ya really can't thind of much then ya need a whole lot of sauce.
    Delusions of eloquence

  7. #7
    On Fire
    Join Date
    09.09.00
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    364
    Favorite VH Album

    DLR Band!!!!!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Slam Dunk!!!!!!
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Glenn:
    Could Bob Rock just be producing the audio of a live show for Dave?<hr></blockquote>

    I don't think so - he said in the interview that he had just been in the studio w/Bob Rock, and he and Kirk Hammett were listening to Roth's new stuff.
    "So who died and made YOU David Lee Roth???"

  8. #8
    Beloved Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.16.99
    Posts
    16,192
    Last Online

    02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Master Joe:
    I don't think so - he said in the interview that he had just been in the studio w/Bob Rock, and he and Kirk Hammett were listening to Roth's new stuff.<hr></blockquote>I know, but reading this entire interview, and being familiar with Dave in general, he can warp any argument in any direction. Him saying NEW music doesn't 100% guarantee that it's brand new, unreleased, studio songs.

    Given Dave's last few years, he wouldn't know a NEW song if it bit him on the ass.

  9. #9
    Baluchitherium Lead Synth's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    35
    Location
    Afar (well, Chicago)
    Posts
    4,353
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Last Online

    02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    You gotta love Dave! He's actually saying less than Brad Starks, but at least he makes it entertaining.
    www.mayakuper.com

    "VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

  10. #10
    On Fire
    Join Date
    10.29.00
    Location
    www.callumhouston.com
    Posts
    352
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

    everybody wants some
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hmmm,

    Bob Rock primarily works out of his Hawaiian studio.

    Seems to me Rock was just listening to some stuff Dave had done with someone else.

    Don't matter though. Any new stuff from "the diamond that shines like a thousand suns" is welcome.

    Can't wait, Dave!

  11. #11
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    02.17.00
    Location
    So.cali.
    Posts
    33
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Gee,Who was it that broke the news of Dave filming at his house a few short weeks back?And now we read Dave saying it himself. Oh thats right,it was me..............Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Eddymon. JJ [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

  12. #12
    Eye suffacozza YEWW! Goo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.01.00
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    12,866
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Likes
    29
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts


    Premium Member
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lead Synth:
    You gotta love Dave! He's actually saying less than Brad Starks, but at least he makes it entertaining.


    LOL.... the only thing I could work out is theres DEFINATELY a BBQ involved. And possibly a tree.
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

  13. #13
    The Dude Dan Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.16.00
    Age
    32
    Location
    Corvallis, OR, USA
    Posts
    9,345
    Last Online

    09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jonathan:
    Does anyone have a DLR to English translator?

    DLR: Yeah, but we painted it better than anybody else! I think if you go with basics, I take the (?) Gracie Brazilian Jujitsu approach to any king of show biz! Which is again enthusiastically belligerent but 8 moves rule the world. You don't need more, yes, you could use more, but you don't NEED more. You have to make a choice past 8 or you can make a choice, but you really don't need a whole lot more moves. You don't, you don't need a whole lot in the editing bay when you're, uh, doing video. Ya, don't need a whole lot more when you're in the engineering bay, I was just in the studio with Bob Rock, who produces, uh, amongst others, Metallica, and uh, Kirk Hammett was in there and they were listening to some of my new stuff over at Henson Studios which used to be A&M records, and uh, we were talking about the exact same thing, that once you go beyond the basics, then you're into some other kind of a turf there, and at least you can have to, you, you should be able to make the choice, um, I think a lot of people, you know, I'm, I'm gonna make up a brand new ancient saying for you, that if ya gotta scrawny little tree, then ya need a whole lotta tinsel! That goes for in the recording studio as well as for what goes up on stage, and what goes on the video. If ya really can't thind of much then ya need a whole lot of sauce.
    <hr></blockquote>

    WTF?
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk MikeL's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.17.00
    Posts
    11,536
    Last Online

    03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    Having pulled out my Secret Diamond Dave Decoder Ring, here's what's going on:

    Bob Rock was working with Metallica in the studio, and Dave happened to be there and had a conversation with them.

    Dave says he and his band have been in and out of the studio this summer, and I really doubt that's something Bob Rock would be willing to do.

    I have a feeling we're going to get another DLR-produced CD, which doesn't inspire confidence.

  15. #15
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    06.29.00
    Location
    Irondequoit NY, 14617
    Posts
    2,734
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    "Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I think I need my "de-coder ring" to translate some of what DLR says sometimes.....
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Producing a New VH Album
    By Railrunner130 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04.19.06, 06:00 PM
  2. Kroger will not be producing new Van Hagar
    By leroy in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09.20.02, 04:34 PM
  3. Maybe Michael Jackson Is Producing The Album...
    By theodore templeman in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01.28.01, 12:22 PM
  4. Maybe Michael Jackson Is Producing The Album...
    By theodore templeman in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01.28.01, 12:22 PM
  5. Who is producing the new Van Halen CD
    By Scott in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12.04.00, 05:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •