Register
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Having just read it at VHND. I am just about totally convinced that it was Gary who went to the band and said that it just wasn't right with him in the band.
    His comments about him not acting or looking like Van Halen and that it was he who made up the set list.
    I didn't realize either that the band offered to play some Extreme songs but Gary didn't want that.
    He is a class act all the way in my book.
    And if was indeed him that got the ball rolling for Eddie & co. to patch things up with Dave, everybody should raise a toast to him when VH finally hits the road and we are all partying at the concerts.
    The article says that Patrick Leonard was producing the follow up to 3 and that it was just about complete when Gary left.
    Gary also says that he loves his ex-bandmates and hoopes that things work out with Dave if he is indeed back.
    I am very up=beat and totally excited for what we are about to receive.
    By the way 94 whjy in Providence played "I'm the One" this afternoon.
    "look at all these little kids, takin' care of the music biz."

PEACE

------------------
    Do you smell what Eddymon is cookin'

Aruba here I come 11/19/00

Well let me roll up to the sidewalk and take a look here,,,,,, woooooaaaa!!!! she's beautiful.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree. There's a lot of people around who hate Gary (calling him a fag etc) but I think if they took a second to look at the whole situation they'd realise that is was Gary who basically paved the way for Dave to reunite with the boys. I agree that Gary has a lot of class and selflessness to quit a band which would increase his publicity just to preserve their reputation and allow for them to be a driving force in Rock and Roll once again.

------------------
    RD

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

balance
    Last Online

04.17.05 @ 12:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the whole thing was too tough on him, he couldn't take the pressure any longer. Who could blame him, night after night getting booed or hearing people yell we want sam/dave, it could take its toll. Not to mention every interview having to explain what it is like trying to fill the shoes of two different legends. The fans and the critics weren't accepting and he knew it, so rather than enduring more pain, he left with dignity.
    BTW I think it would have been cool to hear ed's interpretation of a few extreme songs. I'll bet you anything that they have some of these recordings hidden away in that secret place that we all so badly long to visit one day. Add it to the giant box set!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Texas:
    I think the whole thing was too tough on him, he couldn't take the pressure any longer. Who could blame him, night after night getting booed or hearing people yell we want sam/dave, it could take its toll. Not to mention every interview having to explain what it is like trying to fill the shoes of two different legends. The fans and the critics weren't accepting and he knew it, so rather than enduring more pain, he left with dignity. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally agree, that had to be brutal on Gary. No matter what he did, said, sang etc etc he was compared to Dave and Sam. He must have had a idea of what it was going to be like going into it, but probally didnt think the album would be such a diffrent direction from other VH albums.

I honestly think that if the music on VH3 had been better it might have worked out. VH3 was just to far out in left field and with a new singer....it was on a course for disaster from the start.

------------------
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well that and a short stay here will convince you of the rabid nature of Daveites in their refusal to accept anything but when they've seen their musical messiah dangled in front of their face.

I mean, hell, Gary didn't have a chance going into it!

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In much agreement with Romeo Delight. The cd may have sucked but at least I got to hear a bunch of old songs that I never heard Spammy sing. And Gary sounded quite good live I might add.

------------------
    GO PACKERS !!!

Hot For Teacher
    Omaha, soon to be Phoenix again...Thank GOD!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm sure 80% of the people who have bagged on Gary here (and other sites), were the ones praising him a few years back when he was "in." Since Gary departed, everyone has beat the hell out of this guy. Did they call him gay back then? I don't remember! Seems like most everyone enjoyed the live shows with him. Anyway, now with Dave back (hope it's safe to say that) people will just piss on him more and Sammy too. Like Dave says, "here today...gone later today." Dave, the flavor of the month is YOU!

------------------
    Why behave in public if you're living on a playground? Fools...

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

11.19.16 @ 03:37 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Having worked in the music industry in New England in the late 80's and early 90's, Extreme was band who crossed my path often. In watching their rise through the clubs in Boston and Providence, an dthrough interaction with the band at many functions, I was always impressed with the members of the band, especially Gary. He always showed class and grace to all he came in contact with. They were so fun to be around. Many times before a show they would play hoop backstage with a portable basketball setup that they would carry on tour. Several of us would play with them and it was so fun. Just regular guys enjoying thier success and trying to share a little of it with others. One of the best bands I ever had the pleasure of working with. Peace.