Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    eddymon
    For some reason I can't see WB just wanting to release the remasters without some promotional appearances for them.
    Only the people that come here or visit any VH-related site probably know about them anyways.
    It has to be done in conjunction with something else to generate the interest from the "casual" fans.
    anyone else?

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

09.25.13 @ 12:04 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First, I want to say that WB's web page, under the music section sucks! Hardly any information on anything.

Anyway, nothing is stated about the remasters. They have a news section, but it looks like it's just for the tv shows. Lame....

Hopefully they'll mention SOMETHING about the remasters, you would THINK it would be a smart plug for sales.

eddymon
    yep,
    their musis new section is very behind and outdated. the latest comes from 1999.
    I think that they have been more focused in their TV programs and Movies.

On Fire
    Last Online

07.09.12 @ 05:18 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree with that whole-heartedly. I think that the timing here is key. Why would you want to expend the time and energy re-mastering an album when there is no publicity for the band to generate sales? I may be wrong, but this is usually a move that coincides with a minor/major public event of some sort...whether it be a hall of fame induction, death, break-up, reunion, anniversary of some sort OR a major new release and tour. Didn't Led Zep release some sort of re-mastering effort right before the "Walking Through Clarksdale" Plant-Page project? I mean really, most anyone who is a Van Halen fan has those albums already. I really don't see myself going out there and buying a second copy of each one just because it has been remastered. I don't think WB would do this unless they have some sort of publicity planned to push the album into the hands of people who do not already own the CD's...the casual fans and the kids who were probably concieved while their parents were listening to "When it's Love". I must add that it would probably take a MAJOR distraction to catch the interest of these people, who are probably currently nursing a painful bout of black and blue monkey thanks to one Britney Spears and her wicked band of underage sirens who torture me daily on eMpTytV. You also have the female fans who really could care less about rock right now. Do you honestly think WB could make any real return on a re-mastering just by throwing up a few promo signs and moving the albums to the front of the rack. I'd think not. I think we might find alot of our fears can be eased in knowing that the re-mastering will happen soon. Only good things can come with it.

-ADam

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

09.25.13 @ 12:04 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WB's isn't just remastering old VH albums but other artists' as well. I think I read five or six other artists that were listed in that article besides our beloved VH. That's why it really doesn't make sense why WB web page hasn't mentioned anything about it. Maybe it's just too soon - considering their music web page hasn't been updated, since, when did you say Eddymon, 1999? Come on WB, get on it!

[This message has been edited by LTLDREAMER (edited July 21, 2000 at 01:50 PM).]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

04.17.08 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes but in the articles it acts as if Van Halen is the main one and even has quotes from ALEX!!!

This does get me curious and makes me think come September we may see a press conference with Ed, Al, Mike, and Dave gathered together holding the new old albums in their hands. Along with talk about the future!

Maybe I'm wrong but sounds convenient and a good way to sell the remasters quick!

------------------
    Van Halen Burning the Stage Forever!!!
    You "Can't Get This Stuff No More" with any other band!

HOPE YOU'RE ALREADY FEELING WELL EDDIE!!!!!!!!

Having a bad day? Well VAN HALEN has been formulated to wipe those bad day blues Away!
    Hide your sheep? What about Little Bo Peep?

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I certainly hope so, but I'm starting to have my doubts we'll ever see a return of the Diamond one.... I don't know, I sure hope I'm wrong but I'm starting to wonder...

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Word, to cyclonus 7. He made some good points.

I can't see the remastering of the albums at this time JUST being a conincidence with what VH is presently working on, but I'm not willing to get hyped up for another dreaded "date watch," you know?

I'm curious about the timing. Things might be beginning to fall into place.

We can only hope.

Last Online

07.07.15 @ 04:02 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If VH starts making publicity appearences I hope they are NOT for the remasters but new material.

Last Online

12.09.12 @ 12:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It all makes sense to me...........when the new album comes out there will be a media frenzy because the original line up will be back......this will in turn stir up interest in all things VH and with remastered albums out there people will buy them...$$$$$$$ loads a money $$$$$$.
    Thats why we are getting the re-mastered albums folks, any new fans who come in on the strength of the new album will probably buy the re-mastered ones too.Thats the market they are aimed at.
    Clever sons-a-bitches arn't they?

eddymon
    They do have to get the word out there, because WB wouldn't just put out remasters and not want to sell any because there was no hype or promotions of some sort.

Last Online

07.07.15 @ 04:02 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Good point Dooby, I didn't think about that!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Two reasons a label will remaster the back collection:

1. The artist has left the label and the label wants to make as much money off of their old works as possible (Scorpions and Mercury).

2. The artist is about to be really popular again and they want to be able to demand $20 for a CD from 1978 instead of only $10.

Basically, it pretty much points to the fact VH is getting close to putting something out (close meaning sometime within a years time, I'd wager) and WB just wants to cash in even more on them.

I'd bet the only albums that get treatment are VH - 1984.

------------------
    RIGHT NOW I'm livin' on the corner of Mean St. and Old Amsterdam Blvd.
    --------
    "Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice ..."
    UP FRONT FANATIC!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the press release stated several other artists....are we expecting them to release new material as well, perhaps a reunion tour of dire straits, etc. it doesn't matter when the news of the remastered catalog came out...it was always going to be tied into the reunion plans. lets keep our feet firmly attached to the ground and see what the release of the remastered catalog means.......just that, a release of a groups back catalog of matererial that has been remastered...nothing more, nothing less.

eddymon
    The word does need to get out.
    If VH doesn't release ANYTHING in September or October, the sales for the remasters won't do that well withoout any kind of promotion.