Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin\' with the Devil
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey everybody, first time poster here at the great VHforums.
    This site beats anything on TV these days.
    Here's what prompted my post:
    Obviously, I'm a huge VH fan and have had the pleasure of seeing every tour since Diver Down.
    Like everyone else here, I am frustrated because of the lack of any new VH news. So frustrated, in fact, I thought VH just didn't mean that much to me anymore.
    That is, until a few days ago.
    At my workplace, there's a dickweed who loves to rain on people's parades whenever he can (you know the type). I'm sociable to him, but I really don't like him. Anyway, he knows I'm a VH fan and if there's a chance to get a dig in, he'll do it.
    It started with the Dave/Sammy tour and all the shit that was being said. "Did you hear David Lee sounds terrible and paints his hair? etc..."
    You get the point. I took it in stride considering the source.
    Fast forward to NAMM.
    This guy reads all the shit about Eddie and decides to pay me a visit. "Eddie was drunk, etc....".
    Then something unexpected happened. I got angry. Angry at this dickweed for ripping on Eddie, which is the same as ripping on VH, to me. I leered at him and said "Who the fuck do you like?", "What do you listen to?", and a few others before I sent him on his way. Of course, he had no answers. Dickweed's never do.
    It was then I realized that Van Halen will always be my favorite band, whether they put out another new disc or not. I grew up listening to them and I will wait as long as necessary to hear new music from them. The power of VH is in all of us, sometimes we just don't show it. We gotta keep the faith!!
    I just hope it's good enough to shove back in Dickweed's face!
    get busy living, or get busy dyin'......damn straight.

Favorite VH Album

1984, Balance, Van Halen, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mike on SGMAD, Baluchetherium
    Last Online

02.12.07 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

LMAO, great post my man. I hear ya.
    Welcome to the boards
    How to make a “Mad Anthony”

2 oz Cabo WaboŽ Tequila
    1 oz Spicy V8
    Juice from a fresh Lime
    A generous dollop of Mad Anthony’s Hot Sauce
    Combine in a shaker full of ice and shake it up
    Pour into shot glass garnished with
    a dab of salt
    a small slice of lime
    a slice of Serrano or Jalapeno chili pepper

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no because no matter what bands he said he would have liked, you would have defensively said "so-and-so" band sucks ass!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

02.29.08 @ 03:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The dilemma: do we continue to do the rain dance even though our fields remain dry or do we say fuck it and drive down to the local produce store to fill our bellies? I love metaphores.
    believe the lies...there is no truth

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You should smack your buddy upside the head with the new March 2003 issue of Guitar World Magazine and let him read(if he can read anyways) about VH's entire amazing history as presented in this issue. Let him see that Edward was just inducted into the Guitar World Hall of Fame. And let him see how younger players like Dimebag Darrell and Zakk Wylde say they wouldnt be here if not for Van Halen! Let him see the amazing album by album history of VH in this issue and how consistent they where.

I never understand people's occupation with the whole "they arent around anymore" mentality.
    Zeppelin aint been around since 1980 and their music and legacy is tight. Not that I am comparing VH to Zep or anything, just that wether a band still recording or not recording makes no difference to me. Some of the greatest bands EVER had really short careers and aren't around now. The Beatles went 7 years. Cream went 3 years. The Clash about 5 years. Hendrix went 3 and a half years then went off to the big adios. Guns n' Roses went about 6 years.
    Shit man, VH gave us 20 years of music, from 78'-98'. That's good enough for me anyways. Their music will always be alive and be played throughout the world. And they will continue to inspire even after they are all dead.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH, VH2, 5150 & Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street & "5150"
    Last Online

11.26.07 @ 11:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I totally agree! Oh, and i [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] HATE [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] when people diss VH and are talking about all these cool "Right Now" bands that every one listens to. Sure, some are talented but, THEY AREN'T VH!! Now are they!?! [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] It's true that the best bands are not always around forever and if VH doesn't come back- we can't complain. Just like the man said- 20 YEARS of genius! We don't see much of that anymore and guarranteed most of the current bands will never see 20 years of success or having a frickin genius like Ed. They could only dream of it. Zep, the Stones, the Who, Beatles, VH will be around for years to come because of their musical influence and genius. People don't make shit like that anymore. Pardon my cursing. [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img] Anybody who disses VH, must be brain dead, and apparently getbusyliving's co-worker must have been off life support for decades. Nuff said.

[ February 02, 2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: beautifulgirls316 ]
    "I'm still 16 inside. I still have that passion, and any true musician doesn't do it for any other reason than passion. My motivation has never been financial. Music is what I do. It's the only thing I know how to do." -EVH

"Marriage has 3 rings. The engagement ring, the wedding ring, and the suffering"-DLR

"I believe that every one on this planet is born with a gift, and I was just lucky enough to find mine. So I'm very blessed, and very grateful."-EVH

Tequila~The drink of champions

http://www.myspace.com/tequilatemptress

Charitable Donations for the Myelin Project

http://www.networkforgood.org/pca/Pe...x?pcaid=104318

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I happen to believe that VH will be back some day and that is enough for me. I think that whenever VH makes the Hall Of Fame, should be a first ballot no questions asked, the guys will all have to share the same stage again and be around each other, at least for a night, and hopefully, after all that has happened, they can bury the hatchet and at least be civil to each other. I know that may seem far-feched, but it COULD happen and if it could happen then maybe it WILL happen. After that who knows? Maybe the tour that Sammy talked about. A VH tour with Sammy and Dave. It's not out of the realm of possibilities. As far as the Age of the members of VH and the fact that they have not done anything in years. Who Cares? Look at the Stones. I'm guessing but I think that these guys are all around 60 and they can still kick ass. I just saw them the other night on the HBO concert they did. They looked great and rocked MSG.

We all have to just believe that VH can come back. If we do that then maybe it will happen someday, and if it doesn't then 20 years of great tunes is all we get and that should be enough.
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Maybe I'm a lousy fan, but I don't get too bothered when I find out somebody doesn't like Van Halen. Greatness is both loved and hated!

"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everybody liked, they left that to the Bee Gees!"-Wayne Campbell

Anyways, this is kinda one of those personal views of the band threads, so I'm gonna float it on over to the Opinions forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]