Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Didn't see the show last night. However, from the sounds of it, not only didn't VH show up but they were dissed bigtime. MTV know no what they say!

I know were all angry. But face it, were talkin' 'bout MTV here. I live in canada, so I don't get MTV but why do you guys even worry 'bout them. They obviously have no integrity. They only go where the wind blows. For them to mention one of the most influential rock bands in the same breath as Vanilla Ice shows they know absolutely nothin' about music . These bastards are motivated by the 'ole mighty dollar. There kissin' The Backside Boys, Britney Spears, 'N Synch and all those others asses now, but we all know in 5 years, those acts will just be a faint memory in everybody's minds. Here in Canada, we have Muchmusic which essentially is the same crap. That precisely why I removed them from my cable service. I don' t miss 'em one bit. Yeah! it would be nice see a VH video every now and then, but seriously, commerically driven, ass smoozin' outlets like MTV and Muchmusic have no real integrity when it comes to real music and musicians.

I know it hurts gang, but all I can say is hang in there and Eat 'Em "n Smile. Before long MTV will be down on their knees kissin' Van Halen's asses too.

[This message has been edited by dropdeadlegs (edited September 08, 2000 at 03:29 AM).]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

mtv is no different than your average whore.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m The One
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"Whore" is absolutely right and you are right on dropdeadlegs.

I haven't watched MTV in so long that my "opinion" may be way out of line here. As a former fan who watched MTV from the very first day in 1981 with the "Video Killed The Radio Star" video, I quit watching completely when RAP took over. Sorry I will NOT call it RAP "music". The so called "music" in RAP is totally secondary to the purpose of the song or whatever you want to call it. Music has nothing to do with RAP. Just wear your pants around your thighs, make sure your crotch is about knee level, turn that baseball cap around backwards, throw a gang sign or two and you're IN the club. Anyway it got to the point where I could flip between B.E.T. and MTV and always see the same video. It just wasn't my cup of tea. I want to see MUSICIANS playing MUSIC, not ripped off bastardized "disco-like" sub-samples of other artist's MUSIC topped off with "I'm gonna fuck your sister and then kill your mother" type of shouting with no melody at all lyrics. If RAP is your bag, then more power to ya. To each his own. I prefer music.

MTV is the single biggest piece of shit channel I have on my cable system right now and I don't give it the time of day anymore. MTV "dissing" Van Halen? Heh...that's like Monica Lewinsky calling Queen Elizabeth a slut.

MTV has truly left it's first true generation of supporters behind with the direction they have taken. They could probably regain a pretty huge audience if they would just play some fucking ROCK 'N ROLL every once in a while.

Sorry didn't mean to make this a bash RAP message....really intended to bash MTV.

Oh yeah.....did I mention that I HATE MTV too?

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VanEdge:
    mtv is no different than your average whore.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a difference a whore has more integrity.

------------------
    Fuck you MTV!!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"It's like Monica Lewinsky calling Queen Elizabeth a slut"

Fuckin'-A that is funny shit! And how true.

------------------
    "Its a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear."