Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The first time I saw Van Halen was July 1st 1993 (Canada Day) at Molson park in Barrie Ontario (north of Toronto). Was awsome cause Molson Park has a beer store which was open on Canada Day, so we pretty much got lit up in the parking lot which is like huge fields, police were walking around cause weren't actually supposed to be drinking, but it would get passed down each row of cars the cops were coming, and they were cool, didn't say anything to you if they didn't see it. Anyway, sorry to babble. My fondest memory of the concert was when they started into Right Now Sammy started off with his thing there 'Right Now youth is king' and then he said 'Right Now were having a big fucking birthday party in Canada'. Was really cool!

Any other Van Halen concert memories? Topic probably been done to death but not much else is happenning.
    Life is something that happens when your planning something else.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I've told this one several times, but I find it funny, so I'll repeat it.

When I saw VH on the Balance tour in Edmonton, they were playing Not Enough, and in the really quiet part right after the solo, Mikey's bass dropped to the floor (not sure if the strap broke or what) fully amplified. It just RUINED the quiet emotion of the song. It was like, "and if it don't come easily, one thing you must believe, BWAAAHHH. Sammy turned around to Mikey and just glared at him, but Eddie was laughing his ass off.

Also during that same show, Sammy commented on how loud we were, saying that it was one of their first indoor shows in quite awhile. When he said that, he crawled under a banner that had been thrown onstage. There's an interview in the Links Interviews section with the guy who ran the lighting for the Balance tour, and he even says that that Edmonton show was one of the loudest shows they did audience-wise.

Also during that show, I could see Eddie taking a piss into a garbage can backstage during the show. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I guess that was my punishment for such bad seats.

Saw them in Edmonton on the FUCK tour also, but they played a really short set because Sammy was losing his voice. Probably only played about an hour or so. When they played the Balance show, Sammy apologized for the FUCK show, which I thought was classy of him.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey cool stories Glenn, from Ed laughing is ass off to pissing in a garbage can I laughed my ass off.

Well I've seen VH on the ou812, balance, and 3 tours. The highlights I guess from those would have to be the last song being Rockin' in a free world from ou812 which meant something to them since they just got back from overseas. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

The Balance shows which I caught back to back were highlighted by how good the firsst one sounded I guess and the second show how I had 35th row seats as I smoked a phat bowl of chronic when Ed started 316. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Lol ...

But the 3 tour was hellarious, I mean it was played at an outside venue and the wind was just crazy. I had like 45th row seats and during 316 he had to turn off all his pedal effects and just go straight through the amp distortion. Now for and guitar guys out there might of known Eddies rack consisted mostly of pedals, so it was just a trip. Also I saw GC do this huge line of cocaine or a white powdery substince. That actually ruined the rest of the concert for me just knowing he was high.

G4 Member #5
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags<br /><br /> G4 guitar player files at <a href="http://www.freedrive.com" target="_blank">www.freedrive.com</a> the username and password are both vhlinks(lowercase). My file is under No Bozo's ...

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks TT, your a pal and its not BS dude. Like I said, I saw it with my own damn eyes. Where's your'e "concert memory"? Hmm, I see how you are just posting to cut me down eh? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Btw, a rodie was right there with the tray and straw in hand. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ April 08, 2001 at 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Eyes of the Night ]

Last Online

09.14.15 @ 07:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

On the "3" tour in Buffalo, Eddie held one note on his guitar with one hand for like five minutes while he used his free hand to drink something and take a couple drags of a cigarette. Another cool one was during Somebody Get Me A Doctor, Cherone ran all the way to the back of the stage and swan dived over the amps and disappeared. My friends and I started laughing, then he didn't come up for awhile and we thought he got hurt, but then Mikey ends the song with "Somebody Get me a FUCKING SHOT!" The crowd exploded and Cherone came running back out. When they got the audience to sing the "Give me a Call sometime" part of Jamie's Cryin', that was awesome, too. All in all, an awesome show.

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To the users of our board, let me apologize for Eyes of the Night's behavior. He once again, came in a ruined a perfectly good thread with his complete nonsense. From this point on he'll only be a bad memory.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    When I saw VH on the Balance tour in Edmonton, they were playing Not Enough <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I didn't know they ever did Not Enough live, besides on Letterman. Learn something new every day [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

quote:
    Originally posted by Eyes of the Night:
    Also I saw GC do this huge line of cocaine or a white powdery substince. That actually ruined the rest of the concert for me just knowing he was high.

How the hell did you see that from the 45 row? You must be full of BS on that one man!
    [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] L A M E! Funny, I feel the same way about you EOTN. Just knowing your high ruins this board for me.

[ April 08, 2001 at 01:00 AM: Message edited by: Top Timmy ]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Jamies\' Cryin
    Last Online

12.15.13 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1984 tour, Dallas Texas.... They stop in the middle of "Runnin with the Devil"... Dave says "Some stupid motherfucker threw a bottle up here!!"....The crowd starts booing...Then Dave says "Pass that motherfucker up here and I'll kick his ass!!" The crowd cheers and VH kicks back into the song...without missing a beat
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS 3 !!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I had a very interesting experience my first time seeing Van Halen on the 1984 tour.

Las Vegas, Thomas & Mack Center.

Hanging outside the venue waiting for it to open. Saw a person who looks like Dave riding a bicycle around the parking lot. I heard Dave did this quite frequently, but still not sure if it was him.

Meet two girls who are telling everyone they are trying to get backstage passes. They are real rock sluts. They leave and come back later with the backstage passes and tell everyone they had to give blowjobs to a couple of the crew.

Buying tickets for a scalper, 6 at a time in return for $20 cash each time we did it. Security came and tried to "arrest" us for scalping but we somehow talked them out of it.

Finally get in to see the show....the first three songs you can't even understand Dave cuz it's too freaking loud. First song was "Mean Streets". Having a blast, smoking too much weed, drinking from some girl's bottle of Jack.

Middle of show, before they do "I'll Wait", Eddie and Mikey on keyboards doing a jam while Dave does some martial arts moves with a sword which was cool. The start "I'll Wait" and then someone throws a piece of glass onstage and it hits Dave in the head. He runs off stage...from my seats I can see he's getting medical attention. The rest of the band continue with a keyboard jam, Dave comes out again and tries singing "I'll Wait" again, but his forehead is bleeding so he runs off stage again to get more medical attention. Band continues jamming. Dave comes back, stops the show and yells at the asshole who threw the glass. Tells person that if he thinks he's man enough, come up on stage and face him man to man. Threatens to kick his ass. Crowd erupts. Dave tells audience to kick the guy's ass. Crowd erupts again. Van Halen kicks ass the rest of the night. I was in heaven.

Not a bad introduction into rock n roll concerts. This was my first one. Being 16 years old, from a small town, this experience just blew me away and cemented my love affair with Van Halen.

[ April 08, 2001 at 02:58 PM: Message edited by: rxman ]
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rxman:
    First song was "Mean Streets". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Are you sure you don't mean Unchained???

I never knew they did Mean Street on the 1984 tour, much less playing it as the opening song.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Doh! I must be smoking crack today. You're right Glenn. It was "Unchained".
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I went to the show at Arco Arena in Sacramento, CA on 10/13/95. I wish I could remember it better, but I think Ed was using a purple guitar. They opened with Right Now and played most of Balance. Sammy's acoustic solo was Eagles Fly.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:40 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Well, I've posted about this before, so I'll just do the short version - seeing them in 1981 in Portland, Maine for my first ever rock 'n roll concert. Y'know, maybe if they ever come around with Dave again and I get to see it I'll just retire from concert going!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Hmmm...don\'t have one
    Last Online

01.11.08 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    [b]When I saw VH on the Balance tour in Edmonton, they were playing Not Enough, and in the really quiet part right after the solo, Mikey's bass dropped to the floor (not sure if the strap broke or what) fully amplified. It just RUINED the quiet emotion of the song. It was like, "and if it don't come easily, one thing you must believe, BWAAAHHH[/b<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Laugh and a half! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Kinda reminds me of the Argentina '83 video where he jumps onto his bass and lands square on his ass! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]