Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 07:08 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

Just curious on how many times everyone has seen the band, and where. Also, what shows rocked, which sucked, memorable moments, etc.

I lost my VH virginity at the 1984 tour in Peoria. A great concert (hey it was VH) but sloppy and unmotivated. Dave was wasted, spouting the same ol' tired lines (I'm gonna f**k your girlfriend, Of course it's JD, this ain't no Motley Crue concert, etc) Eddie never cracked a smile all night, obviously growing weary of Dave's circus antics.

Next was 5150 tour again in Peoria. Like night and day! The show was tight and the band was stoked like never before. Eddie was as giddy as I have ever seen him, complete with lots of scissor kicks.

Next came the opening show of the Monsters of Rock tour at Alpine Valley. Sammy slipped and broke his tailbone on a riser that night, but you would have never known it. They jammed!

After that, it was OU812 in St. Louis, 2 times on the Carnal Knowledge tour (St.Louis, Peoria), once on the RHRN tour outside of Detroit and once on the Balance tour (St. Louis) for a total of 8 times. The last tour was the only one I've missed in 16 years.

The best show? C'mon guys...gimme a break. They all rocked the house.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I've only seen them twice, both in Edmonton. The first one was on the FUCK tour and Sammy blew his voice out and they only played about an hour. No explanation was given but Sammy did mention it the second time I saw them which was on the Balance tour. During Not Enough, in the slow part right after the solo, Mikey's bass fell to the stage and just thundered through the arena. Sammy gave him the dirtiest look, and Eddie was cracking up.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

hmm..
    around 15-20 times, all in NYC area and once in Atlantic City.
    i have a problem with not seeing them and knowing they are in town!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:22 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

13 times, once with Dave, the rest with Sammy, once with Gary. The Dave show was very cool because they were so big and it was 1984, and I was only 13. The Sammy "Balance" tour was cool because I met the band and got a picture with them backstage. The show was kinda tired though. The Gary show was fun, the songs sounded great, but something seemed missing. I did enjoy that show more than just about every Sammy one, only because it was cool to hear the old tunes spouting from Eddie's fingers again.

------------------
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Ed6150
    I have seen Van Halen in every Detroit area show they have played since 1986 when I was 11 years old . I started a thread a while back and listed dates but it has to be around 30 times .

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

wacf Houston - great
    FW Houston - great
    DD Houston - pretty good
    1984 Houston - OK, but Ed's wireless was broke

MofR (ou812) Denver - great musically, but boring entertainment wise

+ most the usuall legal and not so legal videos

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 280 Times in 134 Posts

11 times.. 9 Sammy, 2 Gary... in Chicago, East Troy, WI.. Grand Rapids, MI.. Peoria, IL

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

1995 Balance at the Rosemont Horizon-My first VH concert. Great show. I was like 13th row on Eddie's side.

1995 World Music Theatre- I was a little farther back but the sound was better.

1998 Rosemont Horizon- Gary was all over the place hanging on everything! Eddie was awesome

1998 Alpine Valley- The tailgating was awesome!! We got to hear the soundcheck too. It was sweet. The concert was very fun and awesome

------------------
    "Take it off, Take it off, Yeah!"

E.A.A.S
    E.B.A.S

[This message has been edited by Unchained Wolfie (edited August 16, 2000 at 02:07 PM).]

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Only 3 times. Twice in San Diego. F.U.C.K and Balance tours. Once in Costa Mesa for the "Right Here, Right Now Tour". The place blew up at that show when they played "Unchained". Hair on my arms stood up for the next 2 days!

------------------
    VHLinks.com logo creator
    and graphics slave
    Brett for President!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Donor

I hear ya, Timmy. Just thinkin' about some of those concert moments give me chills. Notable:

--The stage lights going down, the crowd going bonkers, and the screaming sound of Edward's drill burning up the pickups to kickoff the beginning of Poundcake...

--Ed breaking into "Unchained" at the end of his solo on the RHRN tour. It was the first time I had heard them do it with Sammy, and I literally just about wet my britches right there...

--A sea of lighters during the chorus of When it's Love...

Lots more where that came from, bro. I'm starting to get itchy for another show right now!

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great thread jaybird...but where have ya been this whole time? Don't be shy bro, just keep posting and watch those stars add up. Great to see ya here again! I'm just saying this cause I noticed you had 8 post since Jan 26th. That's cool man!! Welcome back!

------------------
    VHLinks.com logo creator
    and graphics slave
    Brett for President!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Donor

Thanks, tim. I'm kinda new to this whole BB thing, and I'm just trying to figure it all out. ya know? I'm an old fart who cutting his teeth on the Net and I kinda stumbled on the links by accident. But, thank God, I found a forum with people who share my most passionate interest...contraceptive jelly!

Whoops, wrong thread.

Seriously, it's great to hobnob with all the other VH maniacs. You'll be seeing more of me, I guarantee it. Thanks again for noticing!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Live Tour Alpine Valley (WI)
    Balance Tour Rosemont Horizon (IL)
    Balance Tour Alpine Valley (WI)
    Balance Tour Target Center (MN)....6th ROW Kicked ass!
    Balance Tour Hilton (IA)
    3 Tour Alpine Valley (WI)

Keep Rockin!

------------------
    EDHEADS NEVER DIE!!!

Van Halen...The BEST there IS....The BEST there WAS.....AND...The BEST there EVER will be!!!

Van Halen IS life!

Ricardo
    On the RHRN tour in Birmingham England,Since the MOR 84 At Donington, VH didn`t pay in the UK till then, so there was no way I was gonna miss that!!! And I wasn`t dissappointed, I agree with everyone about them playing Unchained, I wasn`t expecting that, I have a boot of the Costa Mesa show and that brings back the memories of my one and only VH show.Also Sammy let Ed sing the second chorus of Why Can`t This Be Love, like they started doing on the 3 tour, I thought that was pretty cool.Has anybody seen that happen on other tours, besides the 3 tour.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok here goes..

Aug 79 - 13 years old and 7th row.. VH II Asbury park NJ - What a kick ass show, I have never been the same since, This had to be the greatest show I ever saw..

1980 - MSG NYC - Me and the boys we got fucked up! I don't remember much from this show, I was 15 years old and in NYC for my first time. We took the concert train from NJ and I think I did a little too much partying..

1981 - Fair Warning MSG NYC - Yes the second greatest show of my life, VH rocked.. what a stage setup, Ed palying Cathedral and the VH Logo coming down behind him... Sunday Afternoon in the Park.. Red lights, smoke and Ed pounding the shit out of the cheap synth. Ed running and kicking his speakers during his solo... Dave had so many great lines "Anyone in Favor of Jack Daniels Black Label say I!"

1982 Diver Down - Meadowlands - NJ - it was the a makeup show.. Ed broke his had punching something and could not play the origianl show. Not quite as good as the other shows.. Somewhat stale compared to the others, seemed very rehearsed...

1982 MSG NYC - Same as above.. was the same exact show... Kind of a let down.. but still VH...

1984 - Augusta GA - Great show from the begining of the tour, general admission, VH was on fire, Dave was at his best vocally since I saw them in 79.

1984 - Omni GA - Another great show 5th row.. got some really great pics of this show.. Girl Gone Bad and On fire were the highlites..

5150 - 1986 Meadowlands - I did not have great seats, and thought the show was thin and weak, probably the worst show I had ever seen of VH.

1988 OU812 - Monsters of Rock - PA - Great show VH blew all the other bands away, general admission again.. got real close.. probably the best Sammy era show I saw...

1991 - FUCK - Meadowlands NJ - Ed talks about this night in a Guitar Mag. He said it was magical and it was.. Highlite was Pleasure Dome jam.. Yeah Ed I got Goose Bumps too!

1993 - RHRN - Jones Beach NY - Was an ok show they did open with Unchained and played Mine all Mine... Out doors and it rained hard the entire show.. VH jammed thru it and played for over 2 hours...

1995 - 96??? - Balance - Spectrum PA - Great show Ed was on top of his game had a great sound and played very clean the only problem was the song selection was weak.

1998 - VH III NYC - Probably the 3rd best show I saw.. "I'm the One! Rocked... the whole band was great including Gary (althogh he did skip a little too much for my liking.. The man did sing the songs great..

1998 - PNC Art Center NJ - Good Show but paled in comparison to the MSG show....

That is all of them.... I have seen a lot of other bands no one even comes close to VH live...

------------------
    Living at a Pace that KILLS!