Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN I
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

he needs to start drinking and we are in business! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have heard many people on this board say this... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Are you really that stupid? Is that how you are? The only way [i]you're[i/] creative or likable is when you're fucked up?

SammyWho, you are already a dumb-ass. I know this by all you dumb-ass post. By saying Ed should start drinking again, just because you think somehow it will make him more creative, or reunite with Dave or whatever, makes you a very crummy human being.
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Last Online

11.18.12 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by THE MARD:
    I have heard many people on this board say this... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Are you really that stupid? Is that how you are? The only way [i]you're[i/] creative or likable is when you're fucked up?

SammyWho, you are already a dumb-ass. I know this by all you dumb-ass post. By saying Ed should start drinking again, just because you think somehow it will make him more creative, or reunite with Dave or whatever, makes you a very crummy human being.
    Easy there MARD!
    I think SammyWho is just saying this as sort of a goof - sort of funny in a sick & twisted way. Van Halen hasn't given us jack shit since 1998, and many fans will say that they haven't given us anything good since long before 1998.
    But, Eddie smoking & drinking again isn't gonna get us a reunion. I honestly don't think it'll ever happen now. I think the closest we might get is when they are inducted into the Rock'n'Roll Hall Of Fame.

As for Eddie, if he's smoking again, after what he's gone thru with the cancer, he's just a jackass!!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

vh1 , fw , 1984 & fuck
    Favorite VH Song

girl gone bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

...all he needs now is a pile of coke and ...

boomshanka!

1984 pt. 2 !

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by VH2001:
    As for Eddie, if he's smoking again, after what he's gone thru with the cancer, he's just a jackass!!
    Have you been a smoker most of your life? Do you know from personal experience how difficult it is to quit?

There are many things Eddie's done that I might call him a jackass for... But because he can't/won't quit smoking is not one of them.

Foolish? Maybe. Jackass? Absurd.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

I used to smoke, but I never had a real addiction to it. One of the lucky ones, I guess. My brother was a horrible chainsmoker for about 15-20 years, but he managed to quit. Like everything, I imagine it takes true commitment and I can't understand what more of a reason you need to stop than having cancer.
    Could this be magic?

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by dj88:
    You've got to be foolish to start in the first place. I think that after he got cancer, the fact that he started up again (or continued to smoke), with disregard to his health, the welfare of his child and his family makes him a jackass.

Last Online

11.18.12 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by dj88:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by VH2001:
    Have you been a smoker most of your life? Do you know from personal experience how difficult it is to quit?

There are many things Eddie's done that I might call him a jackass for... But because he can't/won't quit smoking is not one of them.

</font>[/QUOTE]DJ88,

No, I'm not a smoker, so I do NOT have personal experience with how hard it is to quit.

But, if I was a smoker, got cancer from it, had part of my tongue removed, went thru chemo treatments, etc - which he obviously went thru a little hell with (you saw the pictures) - Now, he gets a 100% cancer-free bill-of-health and he's out in public puffing away like there is no tomorrow!! He talks about how important Wolfie is to him, yet he continues to smoke, which not only affects him, but also his Wife and son!

I'm not saying it is easy, but at least make a fucking serious effort! It's like the fat slob that has a heart attack, has 90% clogged arteries, has bypass surgery and then goes out and orders a double Big Mac with Supersize fries!!

As hard as it may be, it comes down to a question of whether you want to live or die!
    If you don't want to live and you don't really care about your loved ones, then continue what you're doing and you'll end up killing yourself!!

He's getting a 2nd chance, which many people don't get, and he's fucking it up!!

That, my friend, is a JACKASS!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I smoked for 11 years. I tried to quit a dozen or so times before I finally did it. If it wasn't for the nicotine patch I don't know if I could have done it.

It seems Ed has an addictive personality. That combined with the amount that he smokes a day would make it very difficult to quit. You'd think that cancer would scare him away, but the fact remains people feel they're invulnerable until it's too late.

I know a woman who is only 25 and has been diagnosed with a pre-cancerous growth in her mouth. The news didn't even make her cut down the amount she smokes. She probably thinks that no matter what, it won't hurt her.

Eddie probably thinks along the same lines. "Hey, I beat it before. I'll beat it again if I have to" type mentality (foolish). I'm sure he's not saying "Well I'll just keep smoking so that I'll die and leave my wife and child without me" (jackass).

Last Online

10.29.09 @ 12:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I love how people take this so seriously and get their feathers are roughed up when someone says something like, "Ed should start drinking again."

Good Lord MARD, chill out dude. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    CHICAGO WHITE SOX - 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONS

The Chicago White Sox (1901-present) - The Original SOX - Proof

The Boston Americans (1901)
    The Boston Somersets (1902)
    The Boston Pilgrims (1903-1906)
    The Boston Red Sox (1907-present) - Proof

The Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets whatever you want to call them, have NEVER displayed "SOX" anywhere on their caps, jerseys, or merchandise, therefore they shouldn't be referred to as such. However, the White Sox have used "SOX" since 1912.

The SOX are in Chicago...we just allow the Pilgrims/Americans/Somersets to use the name.

2007 Fantasy Football Champion

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

vh1 , fw , 1984 & fuck
    Favorite VH Song

girl gone bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

its proven that giving up fags is more difficult than drugs OR booze..

can't believe it somehow , but there ya go ...

'spose its easier to pop into sainsburys for a packet of rothmans than hang around the underpass waiting for the local crack dealer..

but , hey , what do i know...?!

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by edwardocatflappo:
    [QB]its proven that giving up fags is more difficult than drugs OR booze..

QB]
    That's because tobacco companies add even more addictive ingredients into their products so once you start it's almost impossible to willingly quit. Answer to this? Don't be suckered into such an obvious scam and don't start smoking.

I've never smoked as I thought people looked beyond stupid being chained to their 'support packs.' Ever notice that smokers HAVE to smoke in uncomfortable situations? It's a human weakness/crutch as well as a fantastic profit for
    tobacco companies who don't care one bit about their customers health. I'm not interested in destroying my health or spending thousands of dollars to 'look cool.' When I see someone smoking I think, 'poor idiot that has no self control or esteem.' Sorry if I sound harsh, but this is how I feel. I don't give a rats ass about someone who doesn't care about themselves or the people around them.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 09:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I feel if someone wants to smoke let them fucking smoke. Saying someone is a idiot for smoking is stupid and a waste of time. You know lots of people live fairly healthy lives and one day...BAM! they've got cancer or something. Life is too damn short to worry about every little damn thing you do, much less every little damn thing someone else does.
    If someone wants to smoke and take that risk... so be it. Their life, their choice.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Trennasol:
    When I see someone smoking I think, 'poor idiot that has no self control or esteem.
    I read a statistic somewhere that said 95% all smokers started no later than age 16. At 16 or younger, children (that's what they are) don't understand the magnitude of their decisions. They feel invulnerable. Cancer, emphysema, heart disease, etc... All happen to old people; not them. Add to the fact that tobacco companies have now acknowledged that they have been targeting children over the years and it makes perfect sense. Hook children so that once they become adults and realize this is a serious issue they're too addicted to quit.

Just because someone smokes doesn't make them stupid idiots worthy of anyone's pity. The majority of them were children that fell into a very well planned trap.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or 1984 by mood
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

07.19.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A Bug wuz about 12 or so when he decided that he'd never smoke. A parent congratulated me on waiting till I was "mature enough" to decide what I was going to do with tobacco. My unspoken response was "FUCK you, I've decided now."

Even so, alcoholism and nicotine are two addictions which feed one another in a pretty vicious way. Both conspire to release more dopamine - one of the brain's little "feel-good" chemicals - than either would by itself. The combination has a similar effect on the odds of contracting oral cancers.

So supposing Eddie's kicked the drink, and needs a little more time to kick the smokes, he's probably doing as well as can be expected...
    Classic Van Halen. In Pace Requiescant.

"...sure I'm on zoloft. That's so I don't hafta kill none o' y'all..." - Mike Tyson

and by the way...

Eat Us And Smile.