Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Interesting

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

According to a recent interview with Sam that was posted on http://www.vhnd.net/articles/020429-02.shtml, apparently Sam approached VH about doing a Sammy/DLR/VH tour, but Ed and Al didn't want a part of it.

"...The only thing that I ever said about Dave was the truth. We did have a rivalry. As many times as he's went back into Van Halen and tried to make it work…they've thrown me out and try to get him back in, then throw him out and get Gary Cherone in, throw him out and get Dave back, throw him out, get him back again. I'm going, "hold on here." I called their attorney and said, "why can't we just do the Sammy Hagar 'Sam and Dave Tour'? Tell Ed and Al, "Don't worry. We'll all travel separately and meet on stage, and we just do the show." They threw that out, you know, don't even want to talk about it. I think that we had both just had enough, and he just called up and said, "let's just do it together - The Sam and Dave tour." I said, "Right the Hell on!" It came together. When we met in a room for the first time to discuss the whole thing, Dave stood up and shook hands and said, "I don't care what's gone on in the past and what's been said in the past, we're just meeting for the first time. Let's just start from there." I said, "right on." That's the way we approached it..."

Interesting.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

Yeah, I read that too, but I can see why Ed wouldn't want part of that. The whole thing is still a bit unsettling to me. It's going to be a freaking circus! I don't know whether he's up for that. Too many egos and what's he going to do, play with both guys? And none of it is true Van Halen if it's just Ed and Al and Mike playing with both sides. True Van Halen is getting Sam or Dave back or a 4th singer, an album of new material (or better yet and double album) and a tour. Leave the circus act for the Hall of Fame.
    Could this be magic?

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    The day of the Roth & Hagar press conference I could not help but keep thinking to myself that I could not believe that the VH bros. were not going to be a part of this tour ? I mean really, come on Ed and Al. If it's health, tell us.

I would feel better about things if maybe Ed, Al, and Mike showed up and played at a couple of these.

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know what? Life is too short to hold grudges
    and stay angry over events YEARS past. EVH should know that very well at this point considering his health the last few years. Sam and Dave couldn't possibly be as horrible as EVH has made them out to be. I think Ed is a little boy in a mans body, who has had people jump at his every whim since he was 21 years old, and he has no idea of meeting in the middle and compromising or letting go. It's that attitude that will ruin his career and respect in the music business if he keeps this him vs them stance.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 PM
    Liked 969 Times in 389 Posts

yip! all sounds familiar!!!

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

DLR: 1984 Sammy: FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

DLR: So This is Love, Sammy: The Dream Is Over, Gary: That\'s Why I Love You
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if the rumour that ed and al's mother is ill in hospital is true then wouldn't that be a reason for ed and al to throw the idea of touring out?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read that also and IMO it's all about CONTROL....if Ed and AL did join they wouldn't have any
    "Just when you think you have the rat race won,,,they come up with faster rats." DLR<br /><br /><a href="http://www.chris.vanhalenlive.com" target="_blank">VH boot List</a>

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ed and Al think they are Van Halen because it is their last name. That is why they do things like "Got Milk" ads w/o Mike or any current singer. They can not, will not, admit that they need anybody to work with them. They want someone to work FOR them. That is why they hired a talented yet vulnerable singer like Gary to play puppet. If Dave won't work for them then out he goes. If Sammy won't work for them then out he goes. It's the bros way or no way and sadly I think it all has to do with money. A really bad bird got into these dudes ears and spoiled what was once fun.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As many times as he's went back into Van Halen and tried to make it work…they've thrown me out and try to get him back in, then throw him out and get Gary Cherone in, throw him out and get Dave back, throw him out, get him back again.
    ----------------------------------

Sam is saying Dave's been thrown out of Van Halen 3 times since 1996 then he say's he back in..
    Come on sounds like a smokecreen to me

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 PM
    Liked 969 Times in 389 Posts

Originally posted by Foghornleg:
    As many times as he's went back into Van Halen and tried to make it work…they've thrown me out and try to get him back in, then throw him out and get Gary Cherone in, throw him out and get Dave back, throw him out, get him back again.

Sam is saying Dave's been thrown out of Van Halen 3 times since 1996 then he say's he back in..
    smokescreen for what?! the band is on what seems to be a permanent break. it's clear they do not want to work with anyone, let alone roth, hagar, or both

i used to lean to the idea that ed is sick but i do not believe that anymore. if ed were sick then sam and dave wouldn't be saying that eddie didn't wanna do this. they'd simply say, ed has some things going on now he needs to get taken care of. i very well believe their mother could be very ill, or, eddie is just at home being a dad and will do it when he feels the time is right, whenever the hell that is

i think ed is mad but also scared after the failure of III and is unsure about himself right now and the future of the band. i'm just hoping enough rest and relaxation with the family will allow him to come back around

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by z28girl:
    Yeah, I read that too, but I can see why Ed wouldn't want part of that. The whole thing is still a bit unsettling to me. It's going to be a freaking circus! I don't know whether he's up for that. Too many egos and what's he going to do, play with both guys? And none of it is true Van Halen if it's just Ed and Al and Mike playing with both sides. True Van Halen is getting Sam or Dave back or a 4th singer, an album of new material (or better yet and double album) and a tour. Leave the circus act for the Hall of Fame.
    i think you it the nail on the head.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I sho would like to hear any tunes Dave Halen worked up in tha studio since '96...I bet thoze cuts are heavy HEAVY!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

UHHHH!!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Foghornleg:

Foghornleg,

At this point, you are just kidding around right? You really don't believe that it's a smokescreen, you're just goofing around right?

Last Online

12.06.17 @ 09:27 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 17 Posts

Hi all,
    For what it's worth - everything that I have heard about Ed recently is about control.
    He just wants to do whatever suits him and on his own timetable.
    I am working on a new report right now, but as far as having any insight into VH activity, I don't see anything happening anytime soon.

Ed has had offers - that I know - and all have been refused. Why? Because from what it seems those offers were brought to him, they don't give him the control he needs over the next project, whatever that might be.

I am working on verifying these things I speak of and hopefully will be able to bring you more soon.

For now - enjoy the Sam and Dave show - expect an appearance from Mikey somewhere and don't hold your breath for VH anytime soon.

Best regards,
    Andrew.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

06.09.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Rubnose:
    Ed and Al think they are Van Halen because it is their last name. That is why they do things like "Got Milk" ads w/o Mike or any current singer. They can not, will not, admit that they need anybody to work with them. They want someone to work FOR them. That is why they hired a talented yet vulnerable singer like Gary to play puppet. If Dave won't work for them then out he goes. If Sammy won't work for them then out he goes. It's the bros way or no way and sadly I think it all has to do with money. A really bad bird got into these dudes ears and spoiled what was once fun.
    I believe that the "Got Milk" ads and Gary Cherone were the result of Ray Danniels' management genious ( ). Of course Ed and Al agreed to both.

[ April 30, 2002 at 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Joe5150 ]</p>