Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

....with Bart Wlash leaving the DLR band, Dave has no guitarist and Ed still has no frontman. Bury the hatchet boys (not in each others back)! Someone make the call, God damn it!
    "Oh come on mom. You know I'm not like the other guys. I'm nervous and my socks are too loose."-WALDO-

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You said it!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's clear that Eddie doesn't want to work with Dave. If he was willing to work with him, WB wouldn't have let them go.

Eddie wants to get a 4th singer. He's determined to drive VH into the ground. Maybe after their next album flops he'll work with Dave again, but I doubt it.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by dj88:
    It's clear that Eddie doesn't want to work with Dave. If he was willing to work with him, WB wouldn't have let them go.

Eddie wants to get a 4th singer. He's determined to drive VH into the ground. Maybe after their next album flops he'll work with Dave again, but I doubt it.
    There won't be a next album. No label is going to sign them without a singer, and no decent label is going to be a part of them becoming a bigger joke than Deep Purple or Black Sabbath (1986-1997)
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Point well put FORD. What a damn shame it has come down to this, huh?
    "Oh come on mom. You know I'm not like the other guys. I'm nervous and my socks are too loose."-WALDO-

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eddie has enough money to start his own label just like Dave did. He doesn't need a major label to sign him. I'm sure this is the route he'll go. Is that smart? Absolutely not. But when's the last time Eddie did something intelligent?

You watch, Eddie's going to bury VH.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.06.13 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by JS:
    ....with Bart Wlash leaving the DLR band, Dave has no guitarist and Ed still has no frontman. Bury the hatchet boys (not in each others back)! Someone make the call, God damn it!
    He doesnt have a drummer either.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eddie has enough money to start his own label just like Dave did. He doesn't need a major label to sign him.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm certainly no expert but isn't starting a record label the easy part. I think the tough thing about that is distribution. I think it's similar to the movie industry. There's lots of indy movie companies out there, but once the movies done you got to have a distribution channel to get the product out to the people. Obviously, being with Warner or the other major labels gives you long established, built in distribution channels.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really don't know anything about the record industry. I would imagine that distribution would be the toughest thing.

I guess all I'm saying is I think Eddie will try and do it all himself like Dave was basically forced to do because no one will want a band that's hit rock bottom and doesn't even have a singer.

He'd rather do that than work with Dave. Hell, it looks like he'd rather do ANYTHING than work with Dave.

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

F**K ALL OF YOU!!!!

I am so sick and tired of hearing Ed should do this, Ed should do that!!! If Ed doesn't want to work with DLR that's his choice. As a matter of fact I'm sure it's not his alone (officially nothing has been said about working with or not working with DLR, by the way!). Mikey said in an interview a few years (after the BOV I situation) ago that nobody wanted DLR back less than him. There is no reason for anyone to force anybody else into doing something that isn't genuine.

Once again I'll sight the KISS reunion as my case in point. gene Simmons would like to have all of us believe that KISS is a more interesting band with Ace/Petyer in it. Well that is true, however it is also far more profitable for him to have them in the band than out of it. KISS is all about greed, I hope that whatever VH's next move is its done for the love of making good music, not the love of money.

I can't stand all of you p**sies that have your heads up DLR's ass. First of all I love all eras of VH (especially DLR) but the guy does not deliver the good live from what I've seen on video. DLR is notorious for "improvising" the lyrics because he can't remember the words. The DLR Band CD was medicore at best, and if all of you think DLR is so f**king great how come from the release of Crazy From The Heat through Your Filthy Little Mouth DLR's CD sales sank like a stone?

Sammy on the other hand will only play the same four or five DLR era tunes live each and every tour. It got to be a little predictable don't you think?

At this point in their history Ed, Al, Mike deserve our respect (even though they ignore us here and at other sites around the Net). They have to do what is best for them as human beings and musicians. Ed said it best when he said that VH were not a nostalgia act. I look forward to whatever VH brings us in the future regardless of who the singer is. I just want the music to be genuine and inspired (unlike KISS' last piece of crap "Psycho Circus").

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Punk5150: I have to disagree with you on two things. First of all I own everything VH has put out. I am a fan of the BAND. However until you have seen them live with Dave (I was fortunate enough to do so on the 1984 tour) you cannot compare a video to a live Sammy show. Vh with Sammy is a damn good concert (saw them live with Sam 4 times). Vh with Dave is an amazing spectacle. I don't think many people who have seen both will disagree with me. Secondly, as far as "respect" goes, maybe you should get an e-mail out to Ed, Al and Mike and try to teach them the meaning of this word. Peace. Out.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Settle down Punk. We're discussing how we feel about the band. Obviously you disagree with us, but there's no reason for you to bash us over it. We like Van Halen with DLR. We'd like to see them together one last time. Is that asking too much? Apparently to Eddie it is so we're not happy about it. We're also not happy being told absolutely nothing from the band.

We have some legitimate gripes. There's no reason for you to go ape shit on us because of the way we feel.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by atomicpunk5150:
    F**K ALL OF YOU!!!

I can't stand all of you p**sies that have your heads up DLR's ass.

What a coincidence. I can't stand all you pussy sheep who have your head up Eddie's LYING ass.

First of all I love all eras of VH (especially DLR) but the guy does not deliver the good live from what I've seen on video.

Try actually seeing him live rather than going by a video or listening to your fellow wool bearing creatures. Dave kicked unholy ass on his last tour, and 3 of $tark$' own moderators will back me up on that one.

DLR is notorious for "improvising" the lyrics because he can't remember the words. The DLR Band CD was medicore at best,

Music was great, production was limited, but it was out of Dave's own pocket. VDIII had the full financial backing of WB records and it was a complete piece of shit.

and if all of you think DLR is so f**king great how come from the release of Crazy From The Heat through Your Filthy Little Mouth DLR's CD sales sank like a stone?

Don't play the sales figures game, Oveja, you will lose every time. Dave's CD sales went downhill after 1984, so did Van Hagar's. And Dave did 3 platinums and 2 golds after leaving VH. Hagar has yet to hit gold after Van Hagar. And Eddie now can only sell 1/6th of his worst sales with Hagar. And Van Disaster IV would be lucky to get half that.

Sammy on the other hand will only play the same four or five DLR era tunes live each and every tour. It got to be a little predictable don't you think?

No, actually it got to be pathetic the way he butchered the songs.

At this point in their history Ed, Al, Mike deserve our respect (even though they ignore us here and at other sites around the Net).

They have my respect as musicians. They lost my respect as human beings when they fucked over Dave, Sammy and all of us within 3 months, and their actions since ain't about to win it back. Only a truly mindless SHEEP could say otherwise.

They have to do what is best for them as human beings and musicians. Ed said it best when he said that VH were not a nostalgia act.

Eddie lied. The VDIII tour was mostly Van HALEN and Van Hagar songs.

I look forward to whatever VH brings us in the future regardless of who the singer is. I just want the music to be genuine and inspired (unlike KISS' last piece of crap "Psycho Circus").

Psycho Circus was indeed a piece of crap. So was Van Danniels III. You know what was NOT a piece of crap?

Me Wise Magic.

We need 12 - 14 new songs like that.

And there is only one way that's going to happen.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by atomicpunk5150:
    F**K ALL OF YOU!!!!

I can't stand all of you p**sies that have your heads up DLR's ass. First of all I love all eras of VH (especially DLR) but the guy does not deliver the good live from what I've seen on video. DLR is notorious for "improvising" the lyrics because he can't remember the words. The DLR Band CD was medicore at best, and if all of you think DLR is so f**king great how come from the release of Crazy From The Heat through Your Filthy Little Mouth DLR's CD sales sank like a stone?

First of all, your name calling is uncalled for. It's easy being an internet tough guy, isn't it?

Secondly, "but the guy does not deliver the good live from what I've seen on video." isn't worth a hill of beans as an argument. I've seen the original VH live more than a few times, including US Fest '83. A better live band, or version thereof, has never graced this earth. Case Closed! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QI]It's clear that Eddie doesn't want to work with Dave. If he was willing to work with him, WB wouldn't have let them go.

Eddie wants to get a 4th singer. He's determined to drive VH into the ground. Maybe after their next album flops he'll work with Dave again, but I doubt it.[/QI]
    Sing with me..."Turn out the lights. The party's over."
    LightBulb5150<br />I bring things to light.