Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thats right 5 years since Van Halen brought out there last studio album. I cant beleive that in a few months this will happen. 5 years!!! I mean that is a long time between drinks for a rock n roll band!!!

We all know that if van halen was to come back together next week no matter if it was with Sammy, Gary or Dave, Van halen would once again be on top of the world!!! So, what is the fucking reason Edward is holding back. Once and for all we need a answer from the 5150 camp.

We need Something "RIGHT NOW"

[ October 25, 2002, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: BEZEK KNOWS BEST ]
    "Jebe Ga"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The thing that gets me is that Ed's always talked about making music 'til the day he dies. And that he makes music for himself...because it makes him happy. When he gets down, he locks himself in the studio and makes music.

After 5 years of nothing, it makes we wonder how sincere he was with his comments.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by jimmy:
    The thing that gets me is that Ed's always talked about making music 'til the day he dies. And that he makes music for himself...because it makes him happy. When he gets down, he locks himself in the studio and makes music.

After 5 years of nothing, it makes we wonder how sincere he was with his comments.
    Ditto..
    "Jebe Ga"

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    It does become harder and harder to be a Van Halen fan with each passing day. With each passing day an opportunity is missed. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

At this point, we can only hope that we have not seen the last of Van Halen.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

hard to believe it's been 5 years already just about

maybe 2003 will be their time to shine again???

strange days in van halen land

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Please don\'t make me choose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Last I checked there is a difference between making and releasing music
    Unofficial Keeper of the Faith<p>Our responsibility is to the music and it's continued growth<p>Who's your daddy?<p>"I'm bold as love, just ask the axis" J.H.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by Tonedaddy:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jimmy:

Last I checked there is a difference between making and releasing music</font>[/QUOTE]last time i checked, eddie said it was about playing for the fans

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Please don\'t make me choose
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by JMJ:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tonedaddy:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jimmy:

Last I checked there is a difference between making and releasing music</font>[/QUOTE]last time i checked, eddie said it was about playing for the fans

JMJ
    </font>[/QUOTE]The music was there before the fans were and sure as shit will be there when we are though with all our fickle bullshit. He spent upwards of thirty years giving us music, if you want to include the H.S. backyard party days.
    Unofficial Keeper of the Faith<p>Our responsibility is to the music and it's continued growth<p>Who's your daddy?<p>"I'm bold as love, just ask the axis" J.H.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:59 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Musicians are always making music. They're just not releasing everything. It sucks for the fans but it's reality.

I can't believe it either that it will be 5 years since the last VH album. I remember seeing things on this board like:

'Y2K the year of VH'
    '2001, A Van Halen Oddessy'

I guess we can add '2003 - 25 Years of VH' to the list.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

If I recall, on the live RHRH concert video Eddie said that the only reason the band makes new music is because it's an excuse to go out and play live for the fans.

In the likelihood that Eddie is not physically healthy enough to tour (even if he did play one song with Leslie West) maybe he's lost his motivation to make new songs? (By which I mean tracks completed with vocals etc.)

Although, I sure hope not.
    "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.30.06 @ 05:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The main reason they played concerts was to make money from getting as many asses in the seats as possible and then hoping those same folks will buy more albums. Thats what they play for, money and promotion. And for a long time they were very good at it if not the best. But don't confuse the business end of things w/any true concern or love for the fans. Remember, it's the music INDUSTRY. Every step of the way is carefully plotted to generate revenue. Hey, everyone gets into music because it's fun and cool. But, remember that even before they renamed the band Van Halen they were trying to figure out what material to play so clubs would have them back. It's not as if the VH brothers are innocents where this is concerned. In the end it all boils down to one thing, MONEY. Don't ever believe anything else.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Originally posted by DA BIG D:
    The main reason they played concerts was to make money from getting as many asses in the seats as possible and then hoping those same folks will buy more albums. Thats what they play for, money and promotion. And for a long time they were very good at it if not the best. But don't confuse the business end of things w/any true concern or love for the fans. Remember, it's the music INDUSTRY. Every step of the way is carefully plotted to generate revenue. Hey, everyone gets into music because it's fun and cool. But, remember that even before they renamed the band Van Halen they were trying to figure out what material to play so clubs would have them back. It's not as if the VH brothers are innocents where this is concerned. In the end it all boils down to one thing, MONEY. Don't ever believe anything else.
    Money??? I believe a little bit of it makes a difference...but I think VH is Rock and Roll in the end...not MONEY.
    Just go for it!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.30.06 @ 05:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't get me wrong. They're musicians and that's what they get paid to do. That aborted book project of Sammy's was quite detailed on how even the the most pissant(relatively speaking)financial dealings were hashed over incessantly. These guys espouse one line of thinking to the press and quite another in private. It would be nice if the world of VH were as wonderful as they purported in every interview when they got a new singer, but when the money angle looms its ugly head it seems everyone gets pretty mercenary. I can't believe the way some people think on this site. "Eddie's gonna apologize to Sammy on TV","Eddie will never speak to Dave again after his remark about...""But Eddie said...in such and an interview". None of these guys give a shit about what I or you think about anything. As good as this site is and as dedicated the fans are here, no one outside of it pours over old interviews like us hoping for insight. If Eddie came out of hiding this week, all this hurt fan talk would evaporate. My advice? Chill out, discover some other music or interests and wait till something happens of relevance. Send Eddie a card or some flowers if you're that concerned about him or the band. Knit little Wolfgang a sweater, buy any of the numerous Cabo related merchandise, go to Cheetah's strip club in Hollywood and hang w/Dave. Just stop bitching...JESUS CHRIST!!!