"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From the SHML:

"Hey REDheads,

The Internet moves quicker than me so I'll give you a half-ass version, lol,
    of what's going on. The tour this year is still being put together. That is
    the Sammy Hagar & Lynyrd Skynyrd Tour.

For those of you that have inquired about my next DVD let me tell you this..
    Everything last year has been documented on film, "The Long Road to Cabo."
    We're still working on filming some of my family members. The rough cut is
    AWESOME and we hope to have it out by the end of summer.

The scoop on Planet Us...The project is on HOLD because of my busy schedule
    with the Wabo's and Neal's busy schedule with Journey. "I don't know when,
    but this project is too good not to finish" says, Me! lol

Look out for the release of Sammy & the Wabo's Live Hallelujah CD. We're
    looking for the release to be around Cinco De Mayo.

Stay tuned for more details.
    Peace, love & happiness,
    Sammy"

Can't wait for the live disc. Hope it's true that there will be cuts on it with Mike and Gary. The movie is going to be awesome as well. Too bad about the Planet Us project, though. I was really looking forward to the music, dark and brooding. As for the tour with Skynyrd...well, I'll to give it some more thought. I like their music, but I don't know about him touring with them.

[ February 07, 2003, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: Vince G. ]
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 09:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know, Sammy really is a stand up guy... no BS, no tricky answers. He says whats going on, and evidently there is a bunch of really cool stuff going on. The DVD sounds like an awesome product and I can't wait to hear this Planet Us CD. Keep up the good work Sammy. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

This actually brings something to mind. I really think the VH bros(and Co.) had things all ass-backwards when they got on Sammy's case about his work habits. He's put out good stuff since VH, and it looks like there is a lot coming our way this year. Granted its been a rough couple years for Ed, so I cant bitch about the lack of music from VH. I just think they had Sam figured out wrong back in 95-96. Oh well enough about that. Looking forward to what is coming.

[ February 07, 2003, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: SteveDS90 ]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't think VH had Sammy figured wrong in 95-96. He had just met a woman half his age and was pussywhipped. He did not want to be in the studio. Now that he is no longer in Vh and no longer pussywhipped, he needs to keep his name out there to promote his tequila and try to keep his career from dying.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

The Next One!
    Favorite VH Song

The Newest Single off The Next One!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by andsomeonesaid:
    I don't think VH had Sammy figured wrong in 95-96. He had just met a woman half his age and was pussywhipped. He did not want to be in the studio. Now that he is no longer in Vh and no longer pussywhipped, he needs to keep his name out there to promote his tequila and try to keep his career from dying.
    Yeah He wouldn't want a dying career like Dave's now would he? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Van Halen....2003??? In television if your on hiatus this long it's means you have been cancelled and nobody told ya.Has VH Been Cancelled and no ones telling us?? C'mon Ed give us a break and give us an update...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.15.14 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sammy's work JUST this year represents a decade of work for Roth. Sammy's work for the last decade will probably outstrip Roth's entire solo output.

bk
    A headless body in a topless bar...

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not to be raggin' on Ed, but what did he say a few years ago on MTV?

"Bottom line is, his work ethic sucked!"

From what I've seen since '97, his work ethic definitely outshines Ed's and Al's.

Just wish, once they, or Ed, gets everything straightened out in their personal life, they take on a work ethic like Sam's. If so, we should be in for some serious product.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:08 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

This is great news, I can't wait for the "Live Hallelujah" cd (I also hope it's true about the live cuts with Mike & Gary)and and "The Long Road To Cabo" sounds very cool [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I hope the long road to Cabo has a good car repair center on it with a mechanic named Claudio who tells him to take a left onto Van Halen Blvd. Follow the 55 MPH speed limit and then you will arrive at 5150 for a sit down discussion and jam session.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K (or possibly 5150)
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake (or Humans Being or Judgement Day or Seventh Seal or Good Enough or...
    Last Online

01.04.12 @ 10:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great Stuff!
    Can't wait!
    There's no one like Sammy!
    Common, Ed!!! You're wasting precious time!

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

I wish EVH was in a position to give us a positive update like that!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

5150/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds/Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't like to start rummors, but is this just a last time for his band mates to get paid.Live album,Dvd,tour.Kinda odd if you ask me.Plus with a old time act,first tour he could find????But don't get me wrong Sammy rocks!!!!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I'm really looking forward to the live album. I wonder if its from the last few tours or if its put together from a bunch of old shows. Of course if its put together of old shows, chances are some of it might involve Van Halen, which would mean he would have to contact Ed and and and ok I got far ahead of myself. Disregard anything past "Of Course"

Favorite VH Album

'78 -'96 baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs... Enough said
    Last Online

04.08.12 @ 05:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by andsomeonesaid:
    How can you call wanting to see the birth of your child pussywhipped? I saw both of my boys born and it was the most wonderful thing in the world you could experiece times 100. Whatever. Ed and Al attacked Sams work ethic probably because Ray Daniels poisoned their minds to believe so. Next time you are fed up with your job and need a day off, think how you would react if your boss or business partner accused you of havin a poor work ethic. Now I like both Sam and Dave so don't think I am one of those who say Sam can do no wrong. But, The guy puts out a good release every 1.5 years since VH broke up, toured each year since, and manages his bar and businesses. Doesn't sound like a poor work ethic to me. As far as his career dying, how many tickets has VH or DLR sold over the last 5 years? Other acts from the 70/80's? Kiss and Ozzfest are the only two I can think of that fared well. For a Rock guy in his 50's, Sam is doing just fine.
    Those that say money cannot buy hapiness don't know where to shop.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Can't wait for the live album. It's too bad about Planet Us, but he's got a lot of cool stuff going on. Should be another great year for the Red Rocker.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by baddmann28:
    How can you call wanting to see the birth of your child pussywhipped? I saw both of my boys born and it was the most wonderful thing in the world you could experiece times 100. Whatever. Ed and Al attacked Sams work ethic probably because Ray Daniels poisoned their minds to believe so. Next time you are fed up with your job and need a day off, think how you would react if your boss or business partner accused you of havin a poor work ethic. Now I like both Sam and Dave so don't think I am one of those who say Sam can do no wrong. But, The guy puts out a good release every 1.5 years since VH broke up, toured each year since, and manages his bar and businesses. Doesn't sound like a poor work ethic to me. As far as his career dying, how many tickets has VH or DLR sold over the last 5 years? Other acts from the 70/80's? Kiss and Ozzfest are the only two I can think of that fared well. For a Rock guy in his 50's, Sam is doing just fine. [/QB]
    Nothing against seeing the birth of your child. And I have nothing against Sammy...I am a fan of ALL eras of VH. But face it...Sammy was married for about 25 years, met a knockout blonde half his age who was for some reason interested in him, and he was pussywhipped. Did not want to be in the studio. He wanted to be in Hawaii and San Fran. He did not want to be in 5150. And Sammy's career is dying. Look at his record sales and his desperation to sell concert tickets by hooking up with DLR. BTW, I will go see Sammy and Lynyrd Skynyrd because I like both bands.

[ February 08, 2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: andsomeonesaid ]