Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

1984 & 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Although I don't post here as frequent as most, I totally agree with Goo's statement. The PR in Van Halen is horrible. I think it all started around the time of 5150. I remember being a Freshman in highschool waiting to see videos of my favorite new 5150 cassette and then was baffled by the stupid descision(my opinion) of not doing videos for fear of comparison. I could have gave a shit about the comparisons, I thought the merging of Sam and the boys was like an All-Star band being put together. I've always likened it to what AC/DC had to do. In my mind the only two bands that have replaced highly recognized frontman and still gone on to kick ass without having to compromise musical integrity. I also believe the VH disbanded their official fan club around the time of OU812, Correct me if I'm wrong. NO good for the fans. DO VH feel they are big enough now to not have to do such small things as support a fan club. The silence is a killer right now. We have never seen a PR movement in VH like that of an Aerosmith, or Stones, or G-n-R, at least not since Dave was in the band. Do the VH brothers feel some strange need to stifle the Diamond One for fear of losing musical integrity? They need him now more than ever. Let Dave take over the PR like he did in the early eighties. Dave is right, He is the fun in Van Halen. I hate to admit it but it's either Dave or Sam or it's over. No amount of PR in the world is going to support a fourth Singer. Pretty sad that the Van Halen saga has turned into sort of a spinal tap-ish, ego centric debacle. I for one am starting to think of VH as a nostagia act as well. This is very disheartening. I've always thought their music would stand the test of time, and it does. But the general public now are saying Van Halen? Oh yeah that eighties band or what ever. The guys in the band have to know this? Have they isolated themselves so much from the world that they don't see or hear this? A final plea; EDDIE, ALEX, MIKE, DAVE OR SAMMY, GET OFF YOUR FUCKING ASSES AND LET US KNOW SOMETHING! Good or Bad, I don't give a shit, tell us if it's a no go, a go, or a fourth singer, if it's health reasons, or that your hanging it up and gonna be studio musicians.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I agree lazyman. Van Halen has to tell us what they're doing even if it's bad news. Five years ago if someone would have told me that VH is only going to release one more album and then fade away, I wouldn't have believed them. But it's true, and they've turned into a big joke. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

Guys,
    Don't be so harsh on VH or their PR machine.
    I'd love to hear news as much as the next person, but let's try to look at this rationally.

Remember a few years ago when there wasn't the internet or vast amounts of information that one could aquire at home. It was only rock magazines and the occasional MTV blurb that kept our anticipations for a new album. And even back when they had their fan club, you never got up-to-date news on the band's status or how the album was coming along. So nothing's really changed. It's always been this way for VH.

Yet this is what get's everyone so mad....their unwillingness to talk. A concious decision or not, what happens when there is silence is an air of mystery that surrounds the band. It keeps everyone's focused on, "what will happen next." It isn't just us, the fans who love their music, and know who VH is. It's baseball players, actors, CEO's, my parents, Japan, 14 year olds...everyone will take notice when the time comes. It would take more than a few years (more like 1000 years) for VH to fade into obscurity. We aren't talking about our average band here.

This code of silence that VH takes has only lifted our interests that much more. We're angry, we're restless, we're hungry for any morsel of information....still. Still, after all the "goodbye VH's" and "I don't care anymore's," we still want to know.

Don't criticize VH's way of maintaining contact with their fans, because they give us the greatest contact of them all when they play before us live. Just one concert was enough for me and I could die happy. Don't criticize Brad for not giving us inside info. He simply works *for* the band, not us....and it's only jealousy that makes some of you criticize him.

There are so many other great VH things to talk about, than this constant barrage on VH's career decisions. Because once we hear new music, we'll forget all about it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    I can't agree with that I'm afraid. It wouldn't have been too hard to simply say 'we're on indefinate hiatus'. They haven't even bothered with that.

I'm a pretty laid back guy, but this really has simply got ridiculous, and they deserve all the bad blood they have generated.

BTW, I'm gonna close this tpic, we've already got the infintite silence thread, theres no real need to open a new one [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......