Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:24 AM
    Liked 734 Times in 347 Posts

I know this is far fetched, but hear me out. There has been talk of Mike Anthony possibly playing a show with Dave and Sammy. Both Sammy and Dave agree that they don't have anything against Mike.(He's like Switzerland) Mike is apparently still in the good graces of the brothers Van Halen.
    This all makes me wonder, is Mike scouting the tour to see who they will ask to come back? It would be of great advantage to Van Halen to get Dave back, but they really don't know what he will be like on the road. What better way to make a decision on who to pick? Just wait and see who consistently out-performs the other act. Mike could be scouting the backstage antics of Dave to see if he would be tolerable to work with again.
    If not, then Sammy would be the logical choice to ask to come back.
    The ideal situation would be for them both to tour with Van Halen. As I remember it, that was the original intention when the Best Of... was released, but Sammy was opposed to touring with Dave. I guess this tour puts that to rest. The only question would be, who sticks around to write another original album with the brothers after the reunion tour?
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push Comes to Shove
    Last Online

02.12.12 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I will love this tour all I can. If the Bros gets both singers GREAT! I have no hate toward Sammy, and I didn't become a Van Halen fan until 1997 and I remember hearing Jump when I was in 1st grade. Hell I even judge 4 to 5 figure audio equipment on the VH remasters from time to time, but if Dave gets shut out again....from anything I feel I could trash all my VH cds. I know I would not do such a thing but, the mere fact that I am tempted to so...hurts my musical taste. I know this whole sheep thing, but if Eddie had Sammy come back for anthing at all and just dumped on Dave, MAN THAT WOULD SUCK!!!!!!!
    FUCK!!! Feel the pain!!!! You know?

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:45 AM
    Liked 547 Times in 328 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The problem with this reasoning is the assumption that Sammy would WANT to go back. He has repeatedly said the only thing he'd do is a tour with them and Dave. He has repeatedly said he's had overtures from the Van Halen camp (he said not the brothers), and declined. Auditioning Sammy? Sammy has never "lost" it, he is who he is, whether you think that's good or bad. Performance/voice was never the issue, attitude on tour wasn't either, so what's to audition? If you want to believe Eddie, it was his overall lack of team play and some shitty lyrics.

Dave is another story, but with the current momentum of this tour, I'm not even sure he's anxious to head back to "Howdy Doody Mountain".

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Incredible Edible Dude:
    The problem with this reasoning is the assumption that Sammy would WANT to go back. He has repeatedly said the only thing he'd do is a tour with them and Dave. He has repeatedly said he's had overtures from the Van Halen camp (he said not the brothers), and declined. Auditioning Sammy? Sammy has never "lost" it, he is who he is, whether you think that's good or bad. Performance/voice was never the issue, attitude on tour wasn't either, so what's to audition? If you want to believe Eddie, it was his overall lack of team play and some shitty lyrics.

Dave is another story, but with the current momentum of this tour, I'm not even sure he's anxious to head back to "Howdy Doody Mountain".
    Someone posted a review from one of the first shows which said something along the lines of Sammy saying (in concert) that he would go back if Ed and Al asked him.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i would love for either one of them to come back, but until we hear from the brothers don't count on anything yet.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Funny how people mess up things all the time... Sammy has never had a problem with going back for a project but as said the brother owe him an apology. Mike isn't there for any reason except for the fact that he is great friends with Hagar and is in a group with him. He isn't spying on them. Mike could care less about Roth and has no intention of performing with Roth from everything I've seen. I'm sure Eddie and Alex know what DLR and Sammy have to offer and I'm sure DLR and Sammy know what Eddie and Alex have to offer. Only time will tell if all four or five come to the conclusion that is what they want. But to think Mike is there for any reason other than to jam with his buddy while waiting to get back in the studio with Planet Us is silly.
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

Ed & Al don't really care what Mike says or thinks. That's why Mike's not happy with them. That's why he's playing on the tour although they told him not to.

Any other reason is just plain nonsense!
    Little Dreamer

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy and Dave are not the future interest of Eddie and Alex right now.

A recent article says that jeff Scott Soto will be VH's new singer.

I'm down with that if it's true.

Jeff Scott Soto is a monster of a singer. Had a beer with him once at the key club when Ratt played and he told me that when he was touring with Rising Force, Scotty Ross was their tour manager for the first leg of their tour back in 83/84. [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    What is understood, need not be discussed.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:45 AM
    Liked 547 Times in 328 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by AVH Blues:
    Sammy has never had a problem with going back for a project but as said the brother owe him an apology.
    Exactly, except he also said he'd have to jam with them for a week or two first, to make sure the "magic" is still there, and that he'd have no interest in a permanent reunion. People have a tendency to imply that Ed could just give Sam a call and they're back, but that is not the case. COULD happen, but Sam has said no, repeatedly and publicly, to anything more than a temporary reunion.