On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I had only seen parts of Aeroshits "Behind the Music" over the last year. I came upon it yesterday just as it started and figured I'd give it a shot and watch it in its entirety.
    I couldnt.

Allow me to vent for 2 minutes please..lol

I have never seen such a disgraceful bunch of revisionist in my entire life. If Van Halen ever does a BTM I hope to God it never turns out like this.
    Add to that the fact that Aeroshit sound like a bunch of goddamn whiny old maids. What the hell happened to these guys? Who stole their balls?

I know their story as well as anyone cuz I am a fan(of their 70's work anyways) and I was shocked to see how much they lie and changed the facts to paint the picture they want you to see.

They sat there and tried to pass themselves off as having been as big as Zeppelin or the Stones! Never happened.

They brought out some skank who use to sleep with Steven Tyler(I guess this makes her an authority on rock music) and she proceeded to wax philosophical on how Aerosmith where "much wilder than the Stones and Zeppelin".
    Sure honey, get back on your knees and use your mouth for what it was intended for, ok?

They claim 1974's "Get Your Wings" went GOLD quickly. Um, It took over a year guys.
    And how convenient they never mentioned how ace players Steve Hunter & Dick Wagner "ghosted" on that GYW album by playing the guitar parts on about half the tunes.

They claim they hit rock bottom during the recording sessions for their 5th studio album "Draw The Line". Really?
    That's funny considering "DTL" actually turned out to be their studio album that went Platinum the fastest! Maybe they shoulda stayed on the drugs? Which, by the way, who the fuck WASN'T high back in the 70's? Anyone?

So "Draw The Line" goes Platinum faster than any other album they had. Their next album, 1978's "Live Bootleg 78" also goes Platinum quickly after its release! Not to mention they are a top concert draw and still a very formidable live act(despite the occasional drug induced "off nite", mostly by Steven.. par for the course in rock anyways).

This is a band that from 1973 to 1985 released 8 studio albums that sold a grand total of just over 5 Million copies COMBINED during those 12 years!!

I sware, from 73' to 85' their 8 studio albums sold as follows:
    Aerosmith(1973) went GOLD in Sept. 1975.
    Get Your Wings(1974) went GOLD in April 1975.
    Toys in the Attic(1975) went GOLD in August 1975.
    Rocks(1976) went PLATINUM in July 1976.
    Draw The Line(1977) went PLATINUM in Dec. 1977. Night in the Ruts(1979) went GOLD in March 1980.
    Rock & A Hard Place(1982) went GOLD in Nov. 1989. Done With Mirrors(1985) went GOLD in July 1993.

They had ZERO number 1 albums from 73' to 85'. In fact they only had 1 studio album crack the Top 10(Rocks did in 76').

They had ZERO multi-Platinum albums from 73' to 85'! Not a single damn one.

Even their mighty "Greatest Hits"(1980), which has sold over 10 MILLION copies, stalled after barely going GOLD back in 1981. It didnt go PLATINUM and begin to sell like mad till after 1986.

Oh, but they where as big as Zeppelin and the Stones huh? Suuuuure buddy.

Shit man, they werent anywhere close to being as big as Van Halen when VH hit so I KNOW they werent anywhere near the Stones or motherfuckin' Zeppelin.

It wasnt till 1986 that suddenly, miraculously(thanks to Rick Rubin, Run DMC, MTV and TONS of outside songwriters) that they got life and actually came back to sell, get this, well over 50 MILLION+ albums from 1986 till present!
    Their new catalog sold like mad and their old albums began selling millions as well.

I guess America didnt realize they where the "Greatest Band Ever" till 1986? lol...
    Whoops, our bad then.

Aeroshit must have the best PR people on the fuckin planet.

[ February 22, 2003, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Badabing ]

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Badabing:
    Aeroshit must have the best PR people on the fuckin planet.
    or the worst historian/archivists...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Badabing ,

I think you're just jealous that VH is dead... We all know it, since Eddie is just getting worse; he is turning more and more into a recluse. The band is irrelevant today, and nobody really cares at this point except a few of us few fans who like the band for their entire catalog, and the band as a musical collective unit and not just one person.

But you know what, that collective unit is gone. You need not look any further than to the remaining band members (active and in active for this) They are becoming a parody of themselves. First Dave and Sammy, they look like a bunch of feuding school girls. They couldn't settle both their egos on tour. One would badmouth the other, and vise versa.. Letís see 40-50 year old men, bitching over opening and closing. Jesus fucking Christ. Next you have Alex who is nowhere to be found, and then Mikey who is playing himself in a damn coverband (and so is Dave for that matter). Is this something to be proud of? Is this something that people really want to see or hear? If so, maybe you should join them all in Camp Howdy Doody

As for ranking on Aerosmith for doing ballads, hiring in outside song writers, and catering to their fans. So what? But you know what, no band is the same, and to stay static or in the same place for the course of your career is just plain stupid. But you know what, they are still out there, in one piece touring. They are still recording albums (this new one is going to be a bluesy rock album) and most of all, they haven't pissed away most of their fan base.

Yes Eddie does have issues (Cancer, divorce, and etc) and I do sympathize for him, since nobody should have to go through those battles. But tell me, where is Alex stepping up to the plate saying whatís going on? If this is Van Halen, and the band is currently Eddie, Alex and Mikey, why the fuck are the other two keeping a tight lip on everything?

So to bash Aerosmith for sustaining their careers and elevate a band that hasn't done anything in the last 5 years. And yes continue to live in a false world that they will get back together, because it gonna happen bro. It just makes you look rather petty. I do hope VH can pull themselves up by the bootstraps and do one more album and go out gracefully. But I am not betting the farm on it buddy.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You are smarter than that man. If I am jealous and unhappy cuz VH is dead why am I one of the only motherfuckers around here who constantly states he truly doesnt care if VH ever records a fuckin note again!

VH more than made their mark. They reinvented rock music & guitar and frankly I could give a shit if they ever record again.
    That dont mean I dont love the boys or dont care. I just think they have ZERO to prove.

After reinventing rock, reinventing guitar, firing off 12 consecutive multi-Platinum albums, touring the planet and selling out arenas/stadiums everywhere many times over, well, what the fuck is left to do?
    Maybe a superbowl halftime show with talentless TRL boobs you share songwriters with?
    Yea, that is the exlcamation point I want on my career!!

VH is not irrelevant and never will be.
    Long as kids everywhere are picking up guitars and forming bands they will know VH.
    That is why everyone from System of a Down & The Deftones to Zakk Wylde & Dimebag always list VH as a major influence/inspiration.

And VH is a STAPLE of FM radio and jukeboxes EVERYWHERE. Just like other "DEAD" bands like The Beatles, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Guns n' Roses, Credence Clearwater Revival, Cream, The Clash, The Police & Nirvana.
    You know, bands who are no longer around and been "DEAD" for years(many of which had ridiculously short careers) and which I guess are irrelevant to people like yourself cuz they no longer exist or do halftime shows with TRL acts.

What is pathetic is Aeromsith, a buncha 50 year old maids, whining about drugs(which they CHOSE to take) and then sitting there going "Well, ROCKS was a drug fueled album and it was really good. But Draw The Line was also a drug fueled album and it wasnt good"?!?! What the fuck? lol

Not to mention Aerosmith trying to claim they were as big & succesful as The Stones and Led Zeppelin back in the 70's when its a fact that even goddamn fuckin FOREIGNER was having better chart & sales success than they where! LOL....

Aerosmith betrayed us all. Please dont use the word "parody" with VH cuz Aerosmith is a tragic parody of themselves.
    At this point Mikey may be cool enough and secure enough to get up onstage 1 time and jam with a VH cover band, but Aerosmith is an Aerosmith cover band itself! lol.

And what the fuck is all this ballad talk? I dont mind ballads. They did go a bit overboard but I really dont mind. What I do mind is they cant seem to WRITE one of their own fuckin ballads!
    Or write much of anything else on their own without having a proffesional high priced songwriting babysitter present. THAT is what kills me.

Aerosmith is gonna make a blues rock record now? Wow, should that absolve them for the absolute GARBAGE they have spewed forth from 1987 till present? Nope.

I dont care if they fuckin write "Dark Side of The Moon pt. 2" now, I will not forgive them for their bullshit. And the lies they perpetrate are disgusting.

You cant argue with or discredit ANYTHING I posted cuz that is 100% fact and RIAA approved baby. So ya went for the 'jealousy card'. You're better than that man.

VH as a band may be dead and they may be going on with their lives, but I much rather prefer that to fagget ass songs like PINK or GIRLS OF SUMMER and I certainly prefer VH's lifestyle to Gap commercials, MTV/TRL song doctors and spending more time revising your goddamn self fabricated fairytale than concentrating on MUSIC.

Besides, VH will forever be more original, much more consistent & have more integrity in my book. And EVH will FOREVER be the best damn guitar player of our lifetime. He is one of the greatest EVER and the best and most important since Hendrix. Case Closed.

Aerosmith to me is like a fruitbowl that some jerkoff Egyptian buried thousands of years ago. In it's day is was practically worthless. But ya bury it and then someone comes and digs it up many many years later and now it is a "priceless artifact".

[ February 22, 2003, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Badabing ]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What's with you Badabing? Why do you continually feel the need to bash bands such as Aerosmith and Def Leppard.

These bands were HUGE in their day. There's no denying it. Their songs were all over the airwaves for years, and currently still are. They've sold MILLIONS of records, and made TONS of cash.

Sure, outside songwriters, MTV, VHI, slick producers etc...etc...etc...helped each of these bands. Big fucking deal. The one and only KING of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley had enough outside songwriters to write a book. Ed Sullivan helped the Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, The Who, etc...etc...etc...Also, Ted Templeton made David Lee Roth sound good on vinyl. However, the man can't even sing one good note. Listen to ANY of his live stuff, and you'll see what I mean. Is it any coincidence that Van Halen will NEVER release a live album featuring your hero? Slick production? You decide.

I will give you credit, where credit is due, as you do make a lot of valid points. However, it's your approach that makes you come off like an idiotic asshole. Constantly putting down other bands, while championing your favorite band isn't exactly going to win you any friends. By the way, there's a lot of different bands that I do not like, but I don't go online and bash them. Why do you?

These bands obviously have talent, or they wouldn't have made it to the show. If they were imposters, they would have sunk quickly, becoming flash in the pans, and one hit wonders. One thing is for certain, they were not overnight sensations, who had zero talent, and were quickly forgotten.

Care to respond?

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cuz its easy dude..lol

Come on man. This other dude claims VH is dead. Maybe so, they are probably over.
    Oh, but Aero isnt? They are dead its just no one has ponted it out. Been dead since 86'.

Elvis was a punk for needing all those outside songwriters. Damn right. Though I wouldnt consider Ed Sullivan letting the Beatles or anyone else perform on his show the equivalent of using outside songwriters. Not even close.
    Ya think John Lennon woulda let some half a sissy come in and write a song titled PINK for him? Think he would sing that? Puleez.

What can I say other than I am a fuckin PRICK, but I am a truthful prick. I know the FACTS, apparently Aerosmith and others do not. Or should I say they choose to ignore the facts and make up the story as they go along.
    Aerosmith is aband that had the nerve to say that due to their 'rough period' around 1982 this enabled VH and others to succeed"!!
    Yea, never mind VH's talent, great music, killer live show, work ethic, heart and the fact that by the time Aero's 'rough period' hit in 82' VH was already in the biz for almost 5 years and had 4 straight platinum albums. And Dave & Eddie where already GODS.

It is funny that a dude in his late 20's, like myself, can so easily know the facts and verify Aerosmith's putrid lies. Why do they feel the need to lie to the public? Hmmm?

Far as Def leppard you can chalk 'em up too. They had some ok songs but the bottom line is they are another band who needed Mutt Lange to come in, co-write ALL their hits for them and shape their sound. Not to mention I cant really stand the way they sound on record. Maybe its cuz they would do 250 takes of every damn song and record each part seperately and then piece it together? lol.

And Diamond Dave never hit a good note live? Come now. I know he aint a great singer and even he admits that many times. Its called HONESTY.
    He is a super frontman though and for the most part did a very solid job. I have the boots to prove it and I know many who saw VH back in their day. He had offnites. So did everyone else. It happens.
    I know Ted TEMPLEMAN did a great job with Dave on record.
    And I didnt post this shit to "champion" VH. I already know VH is the shit and I dont need to reference Aerosmith to make VH look good. I do it in hopes VH would NEVER resort to the lows of Aero.
    And I like many bands from Zep to Nirvana to the Damned.
    Just cuz I put down Aero and Leppard dont mean shit. Its my fuckin opinion. Those are the only two bands I ever rag on here cuz I cant help myself its just too damn easy...lol

And I guess The Beatles, Cream, The Police & Guns n' Roses must all be "imposters' cuz their recording careers lasted anywhere from 3 to 6 years. Thats it. Hendrix's career was 3 and a half years. He did more for music and guitar in those 3 and a half years than Aerosmith could do in 3,000.

Happy slappy?

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'm gonna throw this over to the Music Only forum because this is an Aerosmith topic, not a Van Halen one. [img]smile.gif[/img]