Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

so this is love
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it seems to me that all is not right in planet van halen(which i seen here and i think would make a good album title) but anyway, i watched val on politically incorrect, she seemed a little chubby and bitter. here is what i think is going on. the album is progressing but i don't think ed and dave are getting along to well. i believe now that it is sink or swim with dave. best of was a big mistake thanks to the former manager. i don't believe the hold up is legal as far as not telling who the singer is, that is just way vh seems to operate. i read the mitch malloy interview. two things come to mind (1)
    hardknockz is a horrible interviewer
    who cares who guy is giving it to anally.(2) mitch did the right thing by not joining vh. i hope vh tries some new
    things on this album, i read reviews of albums past and agree with the assessment that the rythm section is bland. every song has the same pulse at least over the sammy era. and the exception of 3 where mike was no where to be found. lastly mike should leave vh
    (yes) i said mike should leave. ed tells him what to play and how to play. it should be play what you feel.mike should just stay if this is the last change. or they could do a santana type album which would be pretty cool i think.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No way! What makes the band Van Halen is Eddie, Al & Mike. Let me rant for a bit. Van Halen is the biggest American Rock Band. Think Limp Bizkit or Kid Rock is going to be included there? Most likely not even Pearl Jam, though they are getting a name for themselves. Arguably Aerosmith & Rolling Stones could be compared, but the last band I can think of is a little band called Led Zeppelin. They didn't even get to be huge sellers until after their prime. Only a handful of their albums even went gold during their times. Most moved up the charts in the 80s and 90s. Look at their late albums. How many people know Coda & In Through the Out Door as favorites? Don't even hear the songs played anymore except for their staples. Now Van Halen gets airplay from practically all albums, I even heard Fire in the Hole last two for Tuesday, but the airwaves have been loaded with Dave era lately (coincidence.......... I think not ).

Things are definitely happening in Van Halen territory, whether it is DLR and a new album, a teaser album with a Sammy album to follow, or a compilation album with everyone from Bono to Ice-T singing. Some real news will come out soon.

Favorite VH Album

All!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts

i share in your frustration, however, you should keep in mind that "being told what to play" even if that is true to some extent, has made mike a very wealthy man, so i doubt he really has many complaints.

------------------
    your official vhlinks prosecutor

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

so this is love
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

as i read your post FROMAFAR what comes on the radio "drop dead legs". i feel that the only reason they are playing it is because the remasters. i can't tell
    the difference between the old and new.
    i sure hope mike ain't in it for the money he's the only one left i respect.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FromAfar:
    Most likely not even Pearl Jam, though they are getting a name for themselves. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pearl Jam... someone mentions Pearl Jam in the same sentance as a lasting, quality band?

I'll never understand people these days

You know, I wonder... how much is Mikey really told what to do? Honestly, just because he's not outspoken we assume he's pushed around. Let's reflect:

First, Mikey has been friends with the bros VH for over 22 years.

Second, Dave dropped them in the beginning, meaning Mikey sticking with the bros VH wasn't a matter of being "told."

Third, when Sammy left, yeah, Mikey was close to him, but I'd wager Mikey probably realized he doesn't have the name in the industry to just up and leave and do his own thing. Hell, ask a few random people off the street about Van Halen and I bet they can only name DLR, Eddie, Sammy, and "that guy that replaced both of the singers in '96."

I'm pretty sure Mikey has stuck with the bros VH because he wanted to and because he knew that while they might not always do what he would do in a situation, when you make a committment and you're a part of a group, you have to be willing to give a little... yeah, you give to live (sorry, couldn't resist)

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we basing the "Ed tells Mike what to play" theory on the interview in the INSIDE from the guy who engineered Balance? If I'm correct, we should be really careful about judging the whole VH bass playing catalogue on one statement, by one guy, who worked on one album in the entire history of VH.

Keep in mind that everybody in the rock world isn't the same type of personality. Even if Mike is a less aggresive person decision wise, that doesn't make him any less necessary to VH. You need a mixture of personalities in order to balance things out.

------------------
    The Michael Jordan of Van Halen websites!!!
    www.vhlinks.com

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

so this is love
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i based this on the mtv interview (which nobody seemed to see). and didn't ed play bass on 3. then mike just redid that on the album. i don't think mike is on the know much of the time. i would like to know who pulled the mike interview (the yamaha thing).

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Stuff, I also was offended by Pearl Jam being mentioned on that list.
    Good to see you back here FromAfar.
    Anyway I am moving this topic to Opinions.

------------------
    Right Now you're reading my post!
    Here's a shot heard round the world...
    Sometimes I just want to do nothing...
    Kicking back ain't kicking you...

[This message has been edited by YankeeRose (edited October 17, 2000 at 08:02 PM).]