Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just got back from the Who show in Columbus. Excellent show with ~20 songs. Keep in mind most of these songs are anywhere from 25 to 35 years old. They still all seemed very fresh and relevant (with the obvious exception of My Generation). It was near sold out, and everyone was going crazy and having a great time. No new songs, just the band jamming out to classics. My point is, Eddie needs to get on the phone with DLR to go on tour. Who cares if he thinks he is still in '85, you don't even have to make new material. Just go on a national tour and rock hard for 2 hours a night. Sammy made it through a tour with Dave with minimal conflict, so I know Eddie and the other two could make it too. It beats sitting at home sulking about your divorce and how Gary Cherone (not Gary's fault) was one of the biggest mistakes made in rock. Give everyone a chance to show you how much we appreciate your music.
    I don't feel tardy

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.30.06 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by UDGigalo:
    Sammy made it through a tour with Dave with minimal conflict,
    WTF? [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    Where have you been lately?
    Minimal conflict???
    C'mon, we all know better than that!

PEACE! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You go there once, you'll be there twice" CABO WABO!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Davejab:
    I don't know any better than that, all I've heard is Sammy trying to drum up more crap to sell tickets, and not a bad word out of Roth regarding Sammy.
    I have a feeling there is WAY more truth to this then we think too
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

If you've got to learn from a band, you could do worse than The Who. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ed's said he's not willing to tour without pushing new material, though. At least not yet... It's a tough standard to go by when you can't get along with seemingly any lead singer.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.29.12 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know any better than that, all I've heard is Sammy trying to drum up more crap to sell tickets, and not a bad word out of Roth regarding Sammy.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

11.09.16 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 41 Posts

Originally posted by UDGigalo:
    Just got back from the Who show in Columbus. Excellent show with ~20 songs. Keep in mind most of these songs are anywhere from 25 to 35 years old. They still all seemed very fresh and relevant (with the obvious exception of My Generation). It was near sold out, and everyone was going crazy and having a great time. No new songs, just the band jamming out to classics. My point is, Eddie needs to get on the phone with DLR to go on tour. Who cares if he thinks he is still in '85, you don't even have to make new material. Just go on a national tour and rock hard for 2 hours a night. Sammy made it through a tour with Dave with minimal conflict, so I know Eddie and the other two could make it too. It beats sitting at home sulking about your divorce and how Gary Cherone (not Gary's fault) was one of the biggest mistakes made in rock. Give everyone a chance to show you how much we appreciate your music.
    I was also at the show and it was great. The Who rocked ass for hours. I only wish it could of been longer. But I do not agree that VH should do the same as The Who. I think Edward has plenty of fresh ideas that are great but he has no singer. I could see in 6 to 10 years considering it for VH but now they should make more great music. If they can make great music with Sammy or Dave great but if not look towards the future and make some kick ass music with another singer. I want new music that kicks ass. I want a new great album in my collection.

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Down In Flames:
    Ed's said he's not willing to tour without pushing new material, though. ]
    Judging from the last few records, screw the new material.

I saw the show in Mansfield and as great as it was, I think it might be time for them to hang it up or call themselves Daltrey/Townsend. It gets a little ridiculous when half of the band is dead.