Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

This has been brought up many times, but does it feel strange to anyone else that we will see this band quit? Unlike the Beatles or Doors or, for many Linkers, Zeppelin, we will see the day when the guys do THE press conference that says,"We're done..."

I don't want to get into when that will happen, but I can't be the only one who is EXTREMELY curious to see what these guys do when the NAME is retired...

When I think about the possibilities for a record from the guys that is free of the VH pressure, I really get excited...

Anyone agree?
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'm not excited by the idea. I think their best work will always be what they've done as VH. Of course, Van Halen is just a name. If Mike, Ed, and Al are working together, you're going to get a product that sounds like them.

If they work individually... I could care less.

That day you're talking about could have been 6 months ago, or 2 weeks from now. With how the band is acting, I'd not be surprised to see much time go by without any common courtosies towards the fanbase.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Mike, are you serious? No curiousity at all about solo work? That's interesting... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Unless Van Halen is able to put together some incredible act, it is now over! I do not mean to sound gloomey, but, the music industry has changed substantially in recent years. Mainstream buyers of contempory music could care less about talent. Rather, they look to what is "cool" amongst their peers... MTV dictates that! I wish otherwise!
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Yeah, none really. In my view, 3 was a solo project for Ed. If he buries VH to do produce more music of that ilk, it's best that he drops the VH name.

Mike and Al doing solo projects? It really depends on who's working with them. I don't think that either Mike or Al is much of a writer, so I don't think they'd even pursue such projects.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Mike, I've always wondered what Mike or Al will do when it's over...I personally don't see Ed and Al splitting as a team...If it's soundtracks, I see it as "Music by Edward and Alex Van Halen..."

If that happens, I want Mike to be involved...

I see your point on 3 being a solo album....I think I agree... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Even though he may not have the temperment for it, I think Mikey would make a great manager. He's been around forever, and has probably quietly gathered more knowledge on the rock business than anybody. Plus he's got a ton of experience working with cranky, self important artists. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Alex should sell marriage licenses so he can get himself a discount in the future. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I think I've become insane enough as a fan that I would buy virtually any project that any past or current member put out just to see where they are at.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I just had a stupid thought. You know what I'd buy? Something like MA distributing unreleased or unfinished VH stuff over the internet once VH is done. I'd pony up a couple bucks a month for a glimse at the 5150 vault.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

I feel like I've been around long enough to know that musicians never quit. We might not see Van Halen the way we used to, but for any one of these guys to just simply stop would be like them saying I'm going to cut off my dick now. It's just not going to happen that way. Look how many times the Rolling Stones have been on their last tour. David Bowie and now Eric Clapton are reaping in the benefits of the "last tour."
    Could this be magic?