Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Sammy did a call in interview on 107.7 the bone this afternoon. Some of the things he talked about were his upcoming tour here in SF, his work with Planet Us, and even touring with David Lee Roth. He said that for these shows in SF, don't be surprised if Neil Schon, Michael Anthony, and Deen Castronovo make a "surprise" visit. He talked about their collaboration and said that they will hit the studio this fall to record their album together. (I know this is pretty much common knowledge already). He went on to emphasize that this will be different from HSAS and will definately have a VH/hard Journey edge to it. Now, when DLR came up in the conversation, he confirmed that yes, they did talk , and that a tour was in that conversation. Sammy stated that he wouldn't want to reunite with VH on a permanent basis, but only to co-tour with Roth. He said that he is ready to do this but that there is SOMETHING HOLDING DLR UP. What this exactly, he did not say. He also went on to say that the brothers were like a dysfunctional family who can't get it together. Well there it is...Finally words straight from the horses mouth, not just a website. Hopefully all of this will come to fruitation and we will see this in the flesh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Thanks for sharing !!

It would be kool to see Mikey and Sammy on the same stage playing some tunes. I am looking forward to hearing some tunes with Sam, Mike, and Neil Schon.

As far as the brothers being "disfunctional", well I would say that is fairly accurate. We hear bits and pieces from everyone except the VH brothers.

Oh yeah, "something is holding Dave up" ? That seems strange to me. Maybe he wants to release some music, or find a deal for his DVD ?

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 1,462 Times in 898 Posts

Thanks for posting the info about the interview. Looks like Sammy will be VERY busy this year. I do wonder what is holding up Mr. Roth. Whatever it is, I hope it gets done quickly so these guys can hit the road (especially here in New England).
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

If anyone wants to see what dysfunctional looks like, go look in the mirror. I'm pretty sure it's part of everyone's life in some shape or form. We just don't have everything we say and do, or don't say and do, put under the microscope for others to pick apart. Once again, I smell smoke.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:25 AM
    Liked 966 Times in 387 Posts

Originally posted by WARHEAD:
    If anyone wants to see what dysfunctional looks like, go look in the mirror. I'm pretty sure it's part of everyone's life in some shape or form. We just don't have everything we say and do, or don't say and do, put under the microscope for others to pick apart. Once again, I smell smoke.
    i've smelled smoke since nov 99, and all it's been has been the crash and burn of vh

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by 1fotd:
    Now, when DLR came up in the conversation, he confirmed that yes, they did talk , and that a tour was in that conversation. Sammy stated that he wouldn't want to reunite with VH on a permanent basis, but only to co-tour with Roth. He said that he is ready to do this but that there is SOMETHING HOLDING DLR UP.
    Does the meaning of sentence 3 go with sentence 1?
    Or sentence 2?

Read carefully and you'll know what I mean! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well I hope the tour happens. Anyone working on a transcript of this for Grant's site, or here?

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The VH brothers are fucked up.

Mentaly, physically, whatever.

They're finished.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all, but esp WACF
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 1fotd:
    Now, when DLR came up in the conversation, he confirmed that yes, they did talk , and that a tour was in that conversation. Sammy stated that he wouldn't want to reunite with VH on a permanent basis, but only to co-tour with Roth. He said that he is ready to do this but that there is SOMETHING HOLDING DLR UP.
    Does the meaning of sentence 3 go with sentence 1?
    Or sentence 2?

Read carefully and you'll know what I mean! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    </font>[/QUOTE]THAT's what i said Fanatic!

added: he wouldn't want to tour with VH, but only to co-tour with Roth? that can go two ways.....

[ March 30, 2002 at 12:41 PM: Message edited by: cloudieskie ]</p>
    The pessimist says the cup is half empty. The optimist says it's half full. The pragmatist says its liquid contents are at 50% capacity. The ironist says its half full of air. The plumber says the cup must be leaking. George Carlin says the cup is too big. The Starbucks employee says its so you have room for cream. The conspiracy theorist says aliens took the other half. The baseball player says his cup is definitely full. MacGuyver says he can build a powerful explosive with it. The psychoanalyst says the cup is your mother. The punk sitting next to you also says the cup is your mother. The romance novelist says the cup is a willing receptacle to the wild gushing torrents of pure passion from the hard chiseled urn. The zen master says There is no cup. Pamela Anderson says her cups are definitely full. Me? Refill!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Roth is waiting to see how his DVD is going to do and he is going to tour solo this summer as well. VH brothers are just out of it and down for the count. their done. finished. Sammy is busy touring with the guys from journey who like rock n roll and not tenny bopper crooning. Sammy should just join journey lmao.
    Dave or the Grave mutha trucka!!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by 1fotd:
    Hopefully all of this will come to fruitation
    Fruitation? Did we mean fruition? Totally different meanings.............

LOL, anyways, thanks for letting us know, it is appreciated.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

Originally posted by HairMetalKid:
    Roth is waiting to see how his DVD is going to do
    Im guessing it'll bomb....even if he can get someone to distrubute it

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

We're talkin' 'bout the same cat that made California Girls, Pretty Woman, Juzz A Gigalo, Panama, Jump, A Little Ain't Enough, an' Yankee Rose--some of the greates' all time top 5 desert island videos ever...in a row. An' the 'setlist' looks amazing SHO NUFF!!!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

What's holdin' DLR up? A Van Rothin' re-union? The fact that Schneider and Val hit it? A EEAS re-union?

Well Well Well...hey, ya never know... [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think what sux balls the most is that everyone here is quickly and desparately grasping at ANYTHING Van Halen. Everyone is saying that they would like to see Dave and Sam and Al on stage and so on, but without Ed and Al, it just doesn't mean much to me. Sure, it is intriguing when you think about Sam and Dave on stage together, but it is too bad how this whole thing is turning out. Van Halen, with Roth or Hagar is truly Van Halen and without all of them together, fuck it. We keep hashing over it time and time again, but if you look hard and closely, even logical speculation suggests that Van Halen is at their end. Mike has his own Web site, is working with Sammy, Dave is out there touring and looking dorky and Van Halen is without a record company and a manager, and to top it off, we have heard zippo from Ed or Al. Whatever happened to, "We'll stay in touch"???? I should either take more of a liking to the new bands that are out there or listen to previously released VH material cuz the future of VH is nowhere to be found. Dysfunctional? Hell yeah, we are all dysfunctional, but come on, Ed, on the surface, seems very stubborn and like he could be a major prick to work with.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Originally posted by WARHEAD:
    Where there's smoke there's FIRE!!!!
    Just go for it!